“overpriced and unexciting fare”
Review of Bombay Club - CLOSED

Bombay Club
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Odaiba / Shiodome / Shinbashi
aberdeen
“overpriced and unexciting fare”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Whilst the service is good in this restaurant in the smart Shiodome complex, and the food is well-presented, the food itself is pretty unexciting and overpriced.

• Visited November 2012

Singapore, Singapore
“Great service.”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I must start by saying that teh service here is excellent. The staff is very courteous, attentive and accommodating to all the requests. This itself will make the visit worthwhile.

Now the food: I looked at the menu and decided to go with their set meal. But in looking at what is included in the set, half of the items, I thought can be replaced with what I like better - si decided to ask teh waiter if they will swap some dishes with ones I liked better. And yes, they did it and here I was eating a customized set menu - -:). Good service ...

Mutton BIryani: Not as spicy as it could be. I had to ask for pickles to reinforce the spices.
Mutton Chop: Yummy. Very tender and juicy. well done and I woudl recommend trying
Chicken tikka: delicious. SImply must try. WIth the mint chutney, it was simply fantastic
Dal (yellow): This was a disappointment. watery, bland and a clear disaster. Dont try it.
Naan was really soft fluffy and well done. It went really well with the Chicken Chettinad.

Finally their Kulfi, I thought was nice. Good taste and nice feel to it.

Overall, a nice place and worth a visit whilst in town if you like Indian food. I will go back.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank SaleemIrphan
Grenoble, France
“An outstanding Indian restaurant - a fantastic surprise”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

After exhausting my colleagues patience on only eating Japanese food he demanded something different so we ended up here at the Bombay Club. I have to say it was one o fthe best curries I've had, tasty, fresh ingredients, hot and spicy and really very, very nice. I was expecting a very light and subtle flavouring but it was in fact strong and well done. An outstanding find, especially for English visitors who crave a curry, this is a great price. It's even quite cheap (For Tokyo).

• Visited July 2012