“An outstanding meal”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Akasaka / Roppongi
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Wonderful food, innovative and beautifully presented. For example the bread was cooked on the table. Great wines matched to each dish. Very good and attentive staff. The meal was generous eg you could have as much off the dessert trolly as you wished and wines were topped up. It started raining while we were in the restaurant so complementary umbrellas were provided. Not cheap but a great experience.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Narisawa indeed is one of the inspirational chefs in Japan, his food was faultless, well balanced flavors and had great presentations. His restaurant was one of top end restaurant choices during our culinary trip to Japan.

The main reason I rated this particular experience above average was due to the poorly Sommelier service we received on the night, if I have to compared with another restaurant, like L'osier Tokyo, the French Matre'd and the Japanese Sommlier were professional and exceptional.

But in Narisawa, there were rarely any interactions between the Waiter/Sommelier and the diners, We had half bottle Champagne as our aperitifs kick off the night and the wine matching throughout the whole meal. There were hardly any explanations in regards the wines matching, which I believe it quite bizarre happening in this type of establishment.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Les creation de Narisawa is an experience with great food, great service in a great environment. Highly recommended. Toward creativity.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Having been to many of world class restaurants around the world, how would I rate this place? Probably OK. First of all, viewer of my report should read those comments that are listed in poor & terrible sections as I can appreciate where these comments are coming from. Yes, it's bit on expensive side. Yes, there are more interesting restaurants in Japan. So, I would recommend to those who are living in Japan, they should try Narisawa at least once or twice. For those travelers who are visiting Tokyo and has only 5 nights, then probably they should go to Japanese restaurants and skip Narisawa. Those travelers who are visiting Japan frequently then they should give a try on their 5th trip. I think the service is good and wine pairing was very thoughtful. I think those who rated Narisawa below average, I think, is bit harsh. If you are a budget traveler and hoping for a miracle experience then there is no such thing and Narisawa will not going to provide that too.

2  Thank KLTokyo
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Wow what an experience! The service was polished, the food took you on a journey, and there was a high level of detail. The dessert cart (yes cart) was a real highlight, and the wines were an eclectic mix of international varieties.

I was fortunate enough to visit Aronia de Takazawa, Les Creations de Narisawa and Ryugin and blogged about them here:

1  Thank jinny g

Been to NARISAWA? Share your experiences!