“Magical. Eye opening. Playful”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of NARISAWA

NARISAWA
Ranked #4 of 10,802 Restaurants in Minato
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Neighborhood: Akasaka / Roppongi
“Magical. Eye opening. Playful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

So creative and good to boot. An experience that is rare.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really lovely food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

Went with my boyfriend for our 5 year anniversary. We definitely picked a good place to celebrate- it was very classy! Loved the food they served us. The bill was a lot considering we didn't drink much, but we felt it was well worth it for the experience.

Sydney, Australia
“Wickedly creative, confronting, playful and divine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2011

Such a playful approach should be lauded. The bread baked at the table in a hot stone pot was excellent. The use of interesting, if somewhat confronting at times, ingredients was spot on. It was a joyful experience. The food was balanced and the menu told a story at unfolded on the palate. Afterwards, my husband and I could not stop thing about the dishes that we loved. The oyster blackened with a hard shell carrying the feint aroma and taste of yuzu was so wickedly good that I could have eaten 17 more.

Service was flawless. The room was dark enough to be intimate and the kitchen was visible for most of the meal and then a large door was drawn across the window unobtrusively, presumably when the cleaning started.

Certainly a wonderful experience and one that I would gladly repeat. There are so many restaurants we must visit in Tokyo, who knows when we shall return.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Tania_Chris
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Unique, world calss experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

Chef Narisawa takes one on a unique, mind blowing culinary journey. Each dish is carefully designed and served with care. The wine list represents the best there is. This was rated the 12th best restaurant in the world by San Pellegrino with reason! A must visit in Tokyo. But: go hungry!

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Leon V
San Francisco, California
“Very Creative Presentation with the Gifts of Nature Theme”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

Went there for lunch however ordered the dinner course. The visual experience was amazing and the service was exceptional. I especially enjoyed the potted plant that was in fact the butter and the use of nature throughout the set course. The only disappointment was the taste. I thought the creativeness did hamper the flavor a bit. I was really looking forward to the Japanese beef however did not live up to my expectations. Overall I did enjoy my experience however for over $600.00 US with no alcohol, I think it is more a once in a lifetime event.

• Visited October 2011