“Good for getting around”

Hotel MyStays Hamamatsucho
Ranked #38 of 117 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Reviewed April 10, 2013

A typical MyStays hotel - which is a good thing. Go out the North exit of Hamamatsucho JR station - walk up the main road to your left for about 4mins - turn right at Big Echo Karaoke (the one on the left hand side of the road, not the right) - walk about 250m and it's on the right (after the Hawaiian bar/restaurant). Very comfortable and clean. Lovely free coffee available in the ground floor lobby. Good city views available from higher floors - can even request a view of the tower. Good convenience stores all around which we used every time we walked past for breakfast, late night snacks etc. Daimon subway a few mins walk away, which is perfect for the Tsukiji fish market - 4mins on the Oedo line to Tsukijishijo station. Hamamatsucho station is about 5-8mins walk away and is on the JR Yamanote line (Shinjuku 25mins away). Tokyo monorail is next to H station (Haneda airport about 30mins). We also used the monorail to get to Tokyo Big Sight for the anime fair. Only real complaint - no wifi to be had in the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed in this hotel last late March 2013. The value-for-money is excellent and the location is great too (a 5 mins walk from Hamatsucho station). The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean, modern and comfortable. Bear in mind that rooms in Japan usually are very small, as is the case with this hotel. Nevertheless, because the great value I would certainly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Florence J
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the hotel and found it to be clean, quiet and well-located. We could easily get around the city from the hotel and found a Le Pan Cuotidien within 5 minutes walking distance which was a great option for breakfast and close to an interesting temple.

The free coffee in the lobby was great and the hotel is close to a mini-mart that was open late, so we were able to get something when we got in at 1am.

Don't hesitate to book a room here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tracey U
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I didn't have any problems at all. The desk staff were very friendly, and the room was lovely, clean, and had all the things I needed. I don't need massive amounts of space either so didn't have any problems with the size. There was a TV that had a number of Japanese programs to watch which I enjoyed. Even though it was cold outside, the heating in the room was great and the bed was really comfy and warm too. The location is right near two different stations which is really handy depending on which line you want to get. There is a 7/11 next door, and other convenience stores very close by if you need a quick meal and don't want to spend much. I didn't have any trouble sleeping, though I normally sleep with earplugs in anyway so I'm not sure if there was noise or not. Excellent value for the price in my opinion. Overall I had a quite pleasant stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Tsukemen
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed here last November for 3 nights. One of the primary reasons I chose this was because it was so conveniently located. It was (1) 10 mins walk from Hamamatsucho station (2) 20 mins away by train from Haneda airport (3) 10 mins walk from Tokyo tower (4) 10 mins by train to Tsukiji Fish Market which we unfortunately wasn't able to visit (5) 15 mins walk to the bus station where you can get a tour of Mt Fuji/Hakone (6) 3 stations away from Shinagawa station where you can connect to a LOT of other train lines.

The rooms were not so big but it was enough for the two of us. Most importantly, it was very clean and i was impressed with so many toiletries (ahh the small things) they had to offer. I could probably just drop by with just 1 change of clothing and I'd survive ^_^ . They might not be offering breakfast, but there are at least 3 convenience stores which is 5 minutes away from the hotel... and these are open 24 hours so being hungry in the wee hours of morning is not a problem.

The only thing that bothered me a bit was the A/C controls which was in Japanese. It was very tricky trying to figure out how to warm or cool the room properly.

Other than that, we enjoyed our stay here very much. I'd definitely recommend these to anyone who will have a short time to tour Tokyo and with a budget in mind.

(TIP: for first timers in Tokyo like us, make sure you are arriving in Haneda airport by 11 PM, because all public transport except taxis stop their services by 12 MN. Don't even think of taking the taxi to anywhere more than 2 kms away from the airport or you'd definitely pay for it >.< Fortunately for us, despite arriving a bit past 11 pm, we were able to exit immigration before 11:45 PM and we were able to catch the last train to Hamamatsucho.)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tsekai
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with friends over the Xmas/New Year period of 2012/2013. The rooms were very small (although as we were in Tokyo I was expecting this anyway) but were modern, clean and practical. The staff were incredibly friendly and tried to help as much as they could with their very limited English. The beds were so comfortable that I had to drag myself out every morning to go see the sights! The location is perfect as it's within easy reach of a metro station and train station. There is also a supermarket located a few doors down the road. The only thing is that the hotel didn't have any restaurants, cafes, etc (but it did have vending machines to buy drinks) nor did it have any wi-fi (only cable access). But having said this, we had a budget to stick to and, if we hadn't found such a clean and modern hotel in the centre of Tokyo we wouldn't have been able to go on this trip in the first place. The hotel was full of tourists and we all agreed that it was great value for money in Tokyo. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling on a medium budget and is happy to get dinner from the supermarket or eat out occasionally and can live without wi-fi for a few days.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank EvaMilan_Italy
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We came here for 4 days with family to see Tokyo. The location is very convenient, close to trains and subways, there are restaurants and convenience stores in the area, and the reception is open 24 hours. The staff were (obviously!) very polite and helpful, and the rooms are really not as small as everyone makes them out to be!

On the subject of cleanliness: by normal standards, it was fantastic. But by the usual Japanese standards of cleanliness, I found it somewhat lacking... hair where there shouldn't have been any, dust in forgotten places, and a few small details that showed signs of the beginnings of neglect. But in saying that it was still far superior to many more expensive hotels I have stayed in.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel... and the free coffee is an added bonus!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family