“A passion that is shared”
Review of Takazawa

Takazawa
Ranked #26 of 10,855 Restaurants in Minato
Cuisines: French, Japanese, Contemporary, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Akasaka / Roppongi
New York City, New York
“A passion that is shared”
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

From entrance to departure and everything in between, a true experience on par with the best of the Michelin 3* in France. Cozy, precise, individual attention and reference to each guests likes & dislikes. When factoring all components in pricing, worth every yen.

Visited January 2014
7 Thank GoodFood

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

This was just an amazing meal: playful, original and just absolutely yummy. It's a very small restaurant with only four tables, so you have to secure one in time.

The chef and his wife are so kind and the food a feast for the eyes and senses. The chef cooks in front of you and it's almost as if he's the conductor, composing culinary pieces of art. You get to watch and enjoy it.

Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Aicha Q
Stirling, New Jersey, United States
“If you don't go to Takazawa while in Tokyo, you've made a terrible, terrible mistake.”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This was the best meal of my life. Everything from start to finish was incredible. Chef Takazawa and his wife were so incredibly nice, it makes me wish I could dine there every week. The food was truly remarkable. I've never had anything like it. I can't wait until I return; hopefully very soon!

• Visited October 2013
10 Thank Susana I
Texas
“Delicious, playfull, and very friendly staff!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I loved eating at Takazawa.
Positives:
- Flavor: The dishes were original, delicious and playful. And as always in Japan, a true pleasure to look at. Nice mixture of french and japanese cooking.
- Service: Both the chef and his wife
- Ambiance- Very elegant and classy small restaurant (only serves 10 people) with a traditional japanese open kitchen (not very common in French restaurants).

Negatives:
The restaurant in general is expensive. The food is totally worth it. With found the wine list pairing really really expensive, specially for all Japanese wines.

We would recommend going to Takazawa and enjoy a wonderful dinning experience in Tokyo.

• Visited September 2013
5 Thank sandra_lube
Port Douglas, Queensland, Australia
“Truly Remarkble.”
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

This was truly a remarkable dinner.

We dined here back in June, and it was amongst our greatest highlight to visiting Japan.

Yes it expensive.
Yes it is exclusive.
Yes it is hard to find. (Not really!)

I would easily pay the expense of dining again.

From the first course to the last, every morsel was divine, challenging and perfectly executed.

I was surprised by the quality of the wines that were matched, as I was not anticipating Japan to have wines that would be comparable to world class wines. I was wrong. They simply danced on the tounge and were matched extremely well to the courses given during the night.

Akiko embodies what you would expect as Maitre D in a restuarant of this caliber. She speaks perfect English, and is open for conversation outside of the food and wine, but knows how to exit the conversation to continue working.

Yoshi, the chef, was just amazing to watch. Calm, calculated, and concise. Perfection.

At the end of the meal, they both came out to bid us farewell.

Truly a remarkable evening.

I know the next time I am in Tokyo, I will go back.

Jake & Jade from Australia