WINNER WONDERLAND

Neighborhood: Akasaka / Roppongi
Port Douglas, Queensland, Australia
“Truly Remarkble.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

This was truly a remarkable dinner.

We dined here back in June, and it was amongst our greatest highlight to visiting Japan.

Yes it expensive.
Yes it is exclusive.
Yes it is hard to find. (Not really!)

I would easily pay the expense of dining again.

From the first course to the last, every morsel was divine, challenging and perfectly executed.

I was surprised by the quality of the wines that were matched, as I was not anticipating Japan to have wines that would be comparable to world class wines. I was wrong. They simply danced on the tounge and were matched extremely well to the courses given during the night.

Akiko embodies what you would expect as Maitre D in a restuarant of this caliber. She speaks perfect English, and is open for conversation outside of the food and wine, but knows how to exit the conversation to continue working.

Yoshi, the chef, was just amazing to watch. Calm, calculated, and concise. Perfection.

At the end of the meal, they both came out to bid us farewell.

Truly a remarkable evening.

I know the next time I am in Tokyo, I will go back.

Jake & Jade from Australia

• Visited June 2013
7 Thank Vociferate

• Finnish first
東京
“Luxurious time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have got at this smart, and fantastic restaurant at last.

I really wanted to come here for all the time.

I had to email a lot of times to make this reservation.
I received a lot of emails of the confirmation.

There is this restaurant at an opposite of the main street, so it is difficult to find there.

There is an open kitchen in front of our table, so we can watch it when we get ready for the cooking by them in front.
The course has been already chosen by the email in advance.
They served a lot of dishes for us as we were not able to count.
From hors d'oeuvres to dessert, the eyes which I watched of all the menus are very beautiful and are delicate at all.
It is not necessary for me to mention the taste here. You can imagine how those are really good.

However, all the dishes did not readily come out, therefore we had to spent it on there for four hours.
It was for the first time for me to spend for four hours for a dinner.

As for all the liquor, the wine, and the tea are made in Japan, but unfortunately, the tea was not so delicious.
The chef is very shy, and the wife could speak English very well.

These were one of the most delicious dishes I have ever had.
I had a very very happy time there.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank 梓
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing experience but it certainly will thin your wallet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Going to Takazawa for dinner must be one experience not to miss, because from the first Email to reserve to the end of your meal it is a top class experience.
We choose this restaurant specially for my daughters 14th birthday and reading all the reviews, my expectations were very high, and certainly it didn't disappoint us. Great food, amazing presentation, superb imagination and overall 13 different dishes.
The only but is that these kind of experiences do not come cheap and certainly you will not dine here for the value for money concept. Nevertheless a experience to be highly recommended

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Ricardo B
Sydney, Australia
“Best restaurant not in the Michelin guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I have eaten at a lot of top restaurants and we both think that dinner at Takazawa is the best! It is easily 3 Michelin star quality! Our meal was perfect in every way: the food, which was a work of art on a plate and actually tasted better than it looked, and the service, which was very friendly, attentive and never overly intrusive. Chef Takazawa is an absolute culinary genius, yet he is so humble. Yes, this is a very expensive meal (with 3 Michelin star prices), but it was worth every last yen. This was an experience that I will remember for the rest of my life and I hope to dine here again if I get the chance to visit Tokyo in the future.

For my full review of Takazawa, please see the following link:

• Visited November 2012
8 Thank Chris Y
Phuket
“Can only confirm what has been written and said so many times before..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our expectations were very high having red all the reviews, not only on TA. After many weeks waiting and several e-mails with the very charming Akiko, we finally had the honor having the chefs special course menu. Only 3 from the 9 dishes were classics, all the rest were new as most of them were made with very seasonal ingredients. What about a shot of life fish in a broth? The fish only being available in Japan for 2 weeks. But without a doubt my favorite dish of the evening was the truffle potato croquette with fresh black truffle on top of a gorgonzola, walnut and miso sauce. Would love to describe every single amazing dish we had, but that would take the edge of the experience...
Hope to be able to return some day soon.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Simon G C

Been to Takazawa? Share your experiences!