“What a way to spend your birthday night”
Review of Takazawa

Takazawa
Ranked #54 of 11,270 Restaurants in Minato
Cuisines: French, Japanese, Contemporary, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Akasaka / Roppongi
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Just fabulous. From the minute you arrive until you leave HOURS later it was amazing. Something neither my husband nor I had done before. It becomes a story, with everything being explained to you along the way, course by course. The food is to die for. They made it extra special for me who was celebrating my birthday while in Tokyo. It was extremely expensive and we didn't go for the top option either, but both left feeling it was worth it.

7  Thank JMAK69

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We had a fabulous dinner, experiencing the best tastes and flavors ever, as chef TAKAZAWA impressed us with his creations and his great talent, providing one of the best gastronomical experience for me and my wife in a life time. Chef TAKAZAWA is an artist and his creations are genuines masterpieces of worlds best cuisine. I am thankful he had us for dinner in his restaurant which offers an unique and customized experienced to his 5 tables per evening. Mrs. TAKAZAWA enhances the experience by introducing each new dish telling all the story behind ingredients, recipe and how to experience all the flavors from the dish. She has also shown great hospitality in the arrangements prior that evening. This was a superbe experience!

4  Thank Renatoluissilva
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Went in Dec of 2012. Reservations weren't as hard to come by as I expected since we had our hotel concierge at the Conrad make them for us. As for the restaurant, what can I say? It was hella expensive but if you're even looking at a place like this, that's not likely to deter you. The food was very creative, definitely had some neat surprises in there. There was this tomato/vegetable shake/juice we had as an appetizer which was awesome. Personally I thought the atmosphere was kind of awkward (there were only 6 people/3 couples having dinner the night we were there, which is standard) and a bit too quiet for my taste. (Went to Kyubei the night after, which was a much more traditionally Japanese experience and the scene was sooooo different. Not to mention the food.)

6  Thank Alex S
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The food is exceptional, there are no words and the creativity is beyond... Each single meal is jaw dropping and... surprising....
This should be taken as a privilege to be hosted by such a charming and humble couple.
Sure this is pricy but compared to a lot of "3 stars Michelin", I've never spent better on a dinner.
Needless to mention the atmosphere and the beautifully balanced design of the place.

5  Thank vincevernet
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Note - review's a bit dated (2007, 2008, 2010). My favorite restaurant of all time even as a picky foodie from Hong Kong. And I have had the chance to eat at many fine Michelin establishments such as Alinea in Chicago (chef Takazawa is good friends with Achatz btw), Jean-Georges, Waterside Inn, Ledoyen to name a few...

The first time I ate here back in 2007, I secretly wanted to marry the chef. Yes, it was that good. I was simply wowed by the level of creativity, fine execution and intimacy of the dining space as well as warm service. I went back a year later in 2008, and kind Akiko (Takazawa's wife) was kind enough to customize our menu such that we could discover Takazawa's new innovations. My most recent visit in March of 2010, I asked the chef to cook at my future wedding and he agreed!

Wonderful people, amazing establishment and passion for good food. Please book way ahead of time!

1  Thank puristones

Been to Takazawa? Share your experiences!