“Great bar to start your night. Good lunch value as well”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Oak Door

The Oak Door
Ranked #51 of 10,801 Restaurants in Minato
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Akasaka / Roppongi
Description: The Oak Door features premium quality meats and seasonal produce prepared in dramatic oak wood burning ovens. The wine cellar house a large collection of boutique New World wines. This neighbourhood steakhouse is complete with an open kitchen, terrace seating and a private dining room.
Tokyo, Japan
“Great bar to start your night. Good lunch value as well”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I live in Tokyo and we often use Oak Door as our evening rallying point as everyone gets off of work. They do excellent cocktails and have an amazing selection of wines. The atmosphere is also really nice. This is a classy place to have a quality drink.

I also often to lunch meetings here and like that the meals are reasonably priced with the classy atmosphere. It sets a good tone for a working lunch with a client.

• Visited August 2013

• Korean first
F'ville, GA
“Not Much to Choose From”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We liked the atmosphere here. It is a good place for couples to eat. The lighting is dim and the place has a cozy feel to it. For me, the menu was minimal....not much to choose from. I ended up ordering crab cakes, mashed potatoes and creamed corn. Just about everything is a la carte (which I don't have a problem with) but there wasn't enough to choose from for me. The steaks seem to be the highlight here but still there isn't much to choose from to eat with your steak. I ordered a mango martini and did not really care for it. On a high note, the service was great!

• Visited August 2013
Tokyo, Japan
“Great Steaks, dark clubby atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I've been to Oak 3 times now, though I've never paid for any of the evenings. The steaks have been well prepared, though they are far from cheap - though for the quality I'd say they are pretty much on the money. The service has been great, average and poor, though not in the order.
Generally for an evening where 'western' is what your looking for, this pretty much does the job.

• Visited February 2013
“Overrated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Way too expensive for simple steak offering, not worth it, $260 for a meal f or two with mediocre steaks.

Will not come back here

• Visited June 2013
SE Asia
“This is a WOW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Yes, it's expensive but I still feel the value for money. Setting is great and the service was excellent. The western guy helping us with wine and food suggestions did a great job! I went here on two occasions and I had a nice selection of what they have to offer.

Sizzling Hokkaido scallops where divine. The Parma ham was excellent. The Hokkaido beef was so good I get goose bumps just by thinking about it...nice that we were presented the piece of meat for inspection before it was cooked and served to us. The salmon was outstanding and the Pimms lemonade in the bar with fresh raspberries was the best I had in my life. Also the side bread was very nice! Strangely what impressed me even more was their vegetables...the Brussels sprouts and their asparagus condiments to the meat was as good as it gets...best ever!

Do I dare to comment on the absolute stunning and sophisticated Japanese women coming and dining there...this is definitely a restaurant with a view!

Thank you and I hope I can come back sooner rather than later!

• Visited June 2013