“I travelled from London to Tokyo for 11 hour just so I could eat here again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Oak Door

The Oak Door
Ranked #51 of 10,802 Restaurants in Minato
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Akasaka / Roppongi
Description: The Oak Door features premium quality meats and seasonal produce prepared in dramatic oak wood burning ovens. The wine cellar house a large collection of boutique New World wines. This neighbourhood steakhouse is complete with an open kitchen, terrace seating and a private dining room.
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
“I travelled from London to Tokyo for 11 hour just so I could eat here again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

This was the second time I have eaten at the Oak Door.

I took my partner for her birthday and traveled from London for the day just to eat here again.

I love the Kobe beef and there is a great wine list.

I love the glass meat fridge on show and the fact you can watch the chefs cooking.

Try and get a table in one of the booths if you are on a couples night out.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Clinton O

• Korean first
Tokyo, Japan
“Not what I expected”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

After living in Tokyo for a year, I booked a table here for some western style food. Checked the menu before hand and found that there was a good selection of Australian wine available by the glass and impressive menu.

Arrived and was seated without any fuss. Then find that they are having a "California Wine" event of some sort and only Californian wine is available. I express my displeasure and the sommelier comes to the table to explain exactly what the waiter has just explained. Fine, I understand, but the fact is I checked your menu and wanted to drink Australian wine as per your advert. "Don't you like Californian wine?" says the sommelier with his finest French snottiness. I tell him to go away and I'll drink tap water. Sigh. Sommelier can't help himself and continues that he may be able to arrange some Australian wine by the glass. A real case of missing the point entirely. I resolved to drink tap water.

It then took about fifteen minutes to summon a waiter. I order lamb, my wife beef. Ten minutes later the waiter returns to tell me the lamb has run out (at 7:30pm?). I ask to cancel the beef and get the bill.

On the upside, everything went very well from there and we had a sensational steak at 37 steakhouse across the road.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank WinnyTheShane
Tokyo, Japan
“Good location, setting and service .... But”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

All is good about this place and I frequent the roppongi hills complex as its convenient for parking along with having a host of restaurants and cafes that are perfect for business meetings or just meeting friends .... It's also in roppongi but away from the sleaze

Last visit here I wasn't impressed with their lunch. Typically in Japan at lunch time everything is gear around 'set lunches' and you have a wide choice it's just the fish/chips and steak set we had wasn't so great .... Other times it has ...... However that may have been the off day and it all depends on what you are feeling to eat on that day. It's far from fine dining food being a steak/chop house type place.

Lunch is good value and for warmer periods they have a very good outdoor courtyard type area for seating.

Very good for business lunch though on certain days it can get noisy with all the Japanese 'mums' that live around the area and meet there for lunch .... Around 3pm on certain visits it has been like sitting next to a flock of birds what with the noise!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Noe666
Tokyo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not only the steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Basically, a fabulous steak restaurant with great ambient. However, the fun rather comes at the bar on Thursdays and Fridays, especially after 11pm, crowded with the hotel guests, near-by expats, high profile boozers, etc. Strongly recommend you if you like to socialize with someone like you.

Visited September 2012
Chico, California
“Great food, super prices, recommend it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

Environment is really nice; staff very fast; food selection good. The value was surprising. We ate there twice and both were times were excellent.

Visited December 2011