“It's HRC”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Akasaka / Roppongi
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Visited the HRC Roppongi recently on a Friday evening, wrapping up a week of business in Japan. As Tokyo HRC was my first HRC outside North America many (many) years ago, I thought with a free evening I'd stop back in to experience some nostalgia.

It was quite busy when I arrived at 10 PM. There were no seats at the bar, though it is a small bar with perhaps 8 seats. No one was at the door to greet, so I sat myself at the shared center countertop in the bar area. Service was slow, though it appeared several of the other tables were engaged in long discussions about the menu with the single server. After about 10 minutes with no server, I walked back to the entrance to ask for a menu, and to ask if I should be ordering from the bartenders or if a server would visit. The greeter took my order and my cold beer was on its way.

Food was good (chicken quesadillas) and met all my other HRC food experiences, so was happy with that. Service picked up later as I had a few more drinks.

Pricing is higher than average for this sort of establishment in Tokyo.

Smoking is annoying, but hey, this is Tokyo.

Overall a good experience, I will return if I'm in town and have a bit of time to venture to Roppongi.

Rock on.

HRCTOKYO, 広報担当マネージャー at Hard Rock Cafe Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Hi PHLflyer_S-san,
Thank you for visiting to Hard Rock Cafe Tokyo!
We hope you had a good evening with us.
Please visit us again when you are in Tokyo.
ROCK ON!!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

After a week of trying some awesome, authentic Japanese food it was a nice to have some American Fanfare. Staff were quick and courteous. Food was good. Very pricey, but that is to be expected everywhere in Tokyo.

HRCTOKYO, 広報担当マネージャー at Hard Rock Cafe Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you for visiting to Hard Rock Cafe Tokyo!
We will keep trying to create the Rock'n experiences in Tokyo.
Hope see you again.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

The restaurant was smaller than expected and only had the feel of a typical chain.

The food was ok and was nothing to write home about and wasn't feeling so well shortly after eating.

I will not be coming back to this particular hard rock.

Thank you very much for visiting to Hard Rock Cafe Tokyo.
We try to change for the better and create more Rock Experiences for you all.
We hope see you again at Hard Rock Cafe Tokyo.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The staff is very friendly and knows how to interact in a funny way making you feel welcome and comfortable. The cost of alcohol here is very expensive compared to other places. They don't sell wine by the glass and my friend ended up buying the entire bottle by accident.
Also, beware of the solicitors on the streets of Roppongi trying to get you into their night clubs. They're ANNOYING to no end!

Thank you for visiting to Hard Rock Cafe Tokyo.
We hope you had a good time with us.
Please visit us again!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Been here several times. Seen it before they re-did it. The old set up was way better. Food is still semi OK, nothing special. Service depends on who is serving you. Ate there three times this year. If you want a fairly ok burger with some lound music...it is fairly ok.

Thank you very much for visiting to Hard Rock Cafe Tokyo!
We try to change better, so please visit us to have the Rock Experience again.
We hope see you again when you visit to Tokyo.