“Good buisness hotel in Ebisu area”
Review of The Westin Tokyo

The Westin Tokyo
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels / Ryokan in Meguro
London, United Kingdom
“Good buisness hotel in Ebisu area”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

If you need to be in this location the Westin Tokyo is very good. Your typical Westin quality, good size rooms (I had a suite) and nice business lounge for breakfast and drinks throughout the day.

It is a bit dated in terms of décor and also old TVs (for a Westin) and huge fax machine occupying half the desk (who uses fax nowadays?)

Service could be improved as I experienced intermittent service: sometimes very good, some other times a bit lacking; however when I complained it was addressed very professionally and to my satisfaction. Their concierge service could be a bit more informative too.

Overall I had a pleasant stay but unless you need to be in this area of town I would choose a different location more central to Tokyo city life, which is fantastic, by the way. Ebisu is a bit far from most interesting places in Tokyo in my experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
The_Westin_Tokyo, Digital Marketing coordinator at The Westin Tokyo, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to post a review. Your kind words are of the greatest encouragement to all of us. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you. Your valuable feedback for the concierge will be shared by our team. We would take this opportunity to review our service standard, and try to improve even harder to meet your expectations. We anxiously wait for your return for another Westin Tokyo magic, a respite in the heart of the city with personal service at its best. We only hope for your return in the not so distant future, until then please take and stay well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Had a seamless experience staying here for a weekend with a friend. I will stay here again on my next visit. My favorite aspect of the hotel was the 5-star breakfast, where I could have everything from Japanese pickles and a green tea smoothie to an omelette, or even bread budding with a divine and not to sweet dark chocolate sauce. Come early for breakfast--before 9--to snag a paper and a booth in the back. On Sunday morning the staff had to open a waitlist after 9:30 AM because of the crowds.

The room, lobby and restaurants, although not the newest, are gleaming and seemingly without wear. There is a lovely bar next to the lobby where one can have champagne next to a waterfall. The upstairs bar is good for meeting friends or sipping a cocktail alone with a view of the city.

The room was spotless and cozy with art deco furniture, with a great view of Tokyo Tower. I also liked the separate vanity to do my makeup with natural light. The bathroom had Westin toiletries--my favorite--a bath and ample plush linens. The shower was a little small, however, and I had to place my shampoo on the floor. Everything was well cared for and well serviced.

We stayed on a club floor and enjoyed the afternoon happy hour, which offered appetizers, wine, cocktails and champagne. Again, come early to snag a table as a waitlist may form on weekends, as it did with us on Saturday night.

The location of the hotel in unparalleled. Ebisu Garden Palace in itself has great shopping in its department stores and the best French restaurant in Tokyo is next door. Ebisu also earns high marks for convenience as it is located on both the Yamanote train line and Hibiya subway lines, making it uniquely easy to head to Shibuya, Harajuku, Shinjuku, Ginza and Roppongi.

My only minor complaint concerns the concierge. She mistakenly told us that we did not need a reservation for the Roppong Hills branch for the sushi place featured in "Jiro Dreams of Sushi." When we arrived at the restaurant we learned that we indeed need a reservation and could not have gotten in without one. Why not at least call the branch to confirm? Luckily a nice guy added us to our reservation, or we would have been out of luck.

Can't wait to go back. I am debating whether the club floor was worth it but will definitely get breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Tokyo Tower. If going for club priveliges, stay on the 17th floor so you don'...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank diplogirl
The_Westin_Tokyo, Digital Marketing Coordinator at The Westin Tokyo, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Alton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2013

As a venue for a business visit this hotel would be hard to beat. The easy access via the airport bus made getting there unstressful. The room was huge, very well equipped and very clean. It was very quiet and the blackout curtains were effective so getting a good sleep (important after a long flight) was very easy. I didn't eat in the hotel as all the options internally seemed very pricy but there were a lot of good alternatives nearby so this wasn't important. The staff that i dealt with were all very efficient and helpful. Overall, I would very much recommend this as a place for a business traveller needing to visit the Ebisu area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to post a review. Whatever suits you’re fancy, we will do the utmost to provide. We believe in offering the best of international standards combined with immaculate Westin Tokyo hospitality and service- attention to detail, tailored service, and effort in understanding our guests.
We are delighted to hear that our location in Ebisu (Yebisu Garden Place) was found to be a respite in the center of Tokyo, while providing some uplifting downtime with convenient access to all of your endeavors. Thank for allowing us to contribute to your Tokyo experience. We hope to see you very soon again.
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Met a girlfriend for a weekend in Tokyo. I LOVED this Westin. The decor of the lobby and the room, and the furniture in the room were all to my taste. Truly five star. The room was very large and comfortable. Wi-fi was fast. We had a great view of Tokyo Tower. Stayed on the executive floor and the lounge was comfortable with good amenities-- food/drinks (although often crowded and occasionally with loud children). We had buffet breakfast (included with rate) in the lobby each morning and it was perfect. Many Japanese choices, as well as some Chinese, an omelet bar, and fresh fruits, salads, juices, smoothies and breads. It was a great way to start each morning. It's not far to the JL subway system and the staff was in general very good. My only complaint would be that the bathroom, while large, had a shower that did not have any space for toiletries --i.e. one small tray that barely held a travel-size shampoo and conditioner bottle with no room for soap, razor, comb or anything else, etc. Having said that, I would still return to this hotel and recommend it. It was definitely a cut above any other Westin where I have stayed (and I have stayed at many).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank GlobalGirlz
The_Westin_Tokyo, Digital marketing coordinator at The Westin Tokyo, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to post a review. We are thankful of your kind patronage to the Westin Tokyo and also for the encouragement we find in your gracious review. I would very pleased that you enjoyed the Heavenly Bed that promises to "sleep on clouds" The Westin Hotel Original in rooms surrounded by lush greenery, were made in the interior of fine European style and relaxed atmosphere you.  We believe in offering the best of international standards combined with immaculate Westin Tokyo hospitality and service- attention to detail, tailored service, and effort in understanding our guests. We only hope for your return in the not so distant future, until then please take and stay well.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Glad I stayed here instead of another hotel which I had originally intended to.

It has all that I look for in a 5-star hotel, including prompt and good service.

The location is really convenient. A 10 min walk away from Ebisu station where you can access a variety of restaurants, super mart and shops.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
The_Westin_Tokyo, Digital Marketing Coordinator at The Westin Tokyo, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for your review and even more for your stay with us. We are delighted to hear you were able to feel renewed and relaxed in our guestrooms and your visit to Tokyo was a truly enjoyable one!
We truly hope you to come back to us again, and like to take another opportunity to fulfill your needs and exceed your expectation. Your kind words are of the greatest encouragement to all of us. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you. We hope to see you again soon. Until then, please take care.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This hotel was an ideal base for my first taste of Tokyo. You can't beat the location and easy access to Narita Airport by airport limousine bus. I can't say enough great things about the Westin Tokyo. I've stayed at plenty of Westins around the world over the years and this easily ranks among the top. The staff was extremely courteous and hospitable. The rooms are a great size. (We were on the ninth floor overlooking the Tokyo skyline, so that was an unexpected surprise.) It really was like a home-away-from-home as I felt like I was sleeping on my own bed (yes, I'm such a Westin fan that I have a Heavenly Bed at home!). Venturing out was a breeze. The Ebisu station is within a quick walk, so access to the main sites by Metro or JR line is quite convenient. The area around the hotel has the Yebisu Gardens and great restaurants as well. Kudos all around!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Tokyo skyline
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to post a review. We are thankful of your kind patronage to the Westin Tokyo and also for the encouragement we find in your gracious review. I would very pleased that you enjoyed the Heavenly Bed that promises to "sleep on clouds" The Westin Hotel Original in rooms surrounded by lush greenery, were made in the interior of fine European style and relaxed atmosphere you. Our location we hope, a respite in the center of Tokyo, is a unique attribute ‘designed’ to assist you to escape from the daily grind. Thank for allowing us to contribute to your Tokyo experience. We hope to see you very soon again.
Boituva, SP
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Excellent hotel, great location, easy access to Narita Airport and many places of Tokyo. There is an easy and comfortable access to the underground subway lines. The room are very confortable. I recommend!

Room Tip: Excelent acess to Narita International Airport and many places in Tokyo!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
The_Westin_Tokyo, Digital Marketing Coordinator at The Westin Tokyo, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your kind patronage to the Westin Tokyo and for taking the time to post a review. Your kind words and strong vote of confidence for the Westin Tokyo has given us great encouragement and yearning to do more. It is our utmost joy in providing an experience, extraordinary; excellence that is consistent, and ensuring that each guest’s stay is bespoke. Thank you for allowing us to contribute to your Tokyo Experience. We hope to welcome you back very soon. Until then, please take care.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meguro
Shinjuku
Conrad Tokyo
Conrad Tokyo
#1 of 109 in Minato
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,813 reviews

Been to The Westin Tokyo? Share your experiences!