“Great hotel”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels / Ryokan in Meguro
Bristol, CT
“Great hotel”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Recently stayed for four nights. This was my second stay at this property, and both stays were wonderful.

The staff was friendly and helpful throughout the stay. The room was comfortable and well-equipped. The property was in great condition. The location was convenient to the Ebisu station (mostly indoors walk - but about a 5-10 minute walk depending on your speed - much of that is accelerated by moving walkways). (If coming from Narita, you can get a combination Narita Express and Suica ticket, use that to get to Shibuya and then transfer for 1 stop on the Yamanote line to Ebisu. Much faster than the bus, and you get a Suica card that can be used on the transit system while you are in Tokyo)

Stayed with club access which was nice for snacks and breakfast, as well as a good place to visit with colleagues.

I enjoyed the breakfast buffet, which had a large selection of western and Japanese items. We occasionally lingered over breakfast for some time, and the staff did not mind.

We transferred to the Hyatt Regency midway through this trip, and I must say I regret leaving the Westin. Bell staff was very helpful in arranging transfer of our luggage to the Hyatt during the trip.

I hope to return to The Westin Tokyo in the future. Truly an elegant and comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
The_Westin_Tokyo, Digital marketing coordinator at The Westin Tokyo, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
We are delighted to hear you were able to feel renewed and relaxed in our guestrooms and your visit to Tokyo was a truly enjoyable one! I would very pleased that you have to enjoy the Heavenly Bed that promises to "sleep on clouds" The Westin Hotel Original in our rooms. The Westin Tokyo were made in the interior of fine European style and relaxed atmosphere you. We promise to everyone with our high standard of Westin hospitality. We sincerely look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Pleasantville, NY
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I hadn't previously stayed in Ebisu, but I will in the future. It's an upscale neighborhood, interesting to walk around and with some good eating choices. A short walk to the train and subway stations. If you want to walk a little further, it's not far to Daikayama with its fancy boutiques and restaurants.

The Westin proved to be a good choice. Definitely an older style hotel, with lots of marble, ornately patterened carpets, gilded mirrors. My room on the 13th floor was spacious, clean and comfortable. Good bathroom - tub and separate shower. Minor complaint - the room safe is not large enough to store a laptop. Quite a good gym on the 4th floor.

Plenty of restaurant choices in the hotel (Japanese, Chinese etc.). The only one I tried was the breakfast buffet place just off the lobby. Good choice of Asian and Western dishes, but very expensive (approx $45 for breakfast buffet).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
The_Westin_Tokyo, Digital marketing coordinator at The Westin Tokyo, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Thank you for your review and even more for your stay with us. We are delighted to hear you were able to feel renewed and relaxed in our guestrooms and your visit to Tokyo was a truly enjoyable one! Our location, Ebisu is quite a gem. As you’ve mentioned, even though Yebisu area is quiet, the many hidden discoveries here and there are popular to the local community as well. We boast true Westin professionalism and personal attentiveness to our guests! We only hope for your return in the not so distant future, until then please take and stay well.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Good location for Ebisu & Shinigawa......5 mins walk to Ebisu station & a 10 min cab ride to Shibuya Station for the Narita Express.
Dont be put off by the slightly dated interior - its a Westin with a twist - incrediblly well maintained & clean hotel with VERY large rooms for Japan. Rooms facing west had a stunning view of Mount Fuji. Allot of great eating options across the road & a Mitsukoshi Department Store.
One area for improvement would be the food - its ok but not as good as the Westin in Kuala Lumpur which is fantastic.

Room Tip: request West Facing......Club Floor ok but not spectacular.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank KiwiNZExplorer
Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to post a review. Whatever suits you’re fancy, we will do the utmost to provide. We believe in offering the best of international standards combined with immaculate Westin Tokyo hospitality and service- attention to detail, tailored service, and effort in understanding our guests.
We are delighted to hear that our location in Ebisu (Yebisu Garden Place) was found to be a respite in the center of Tokyo, while providing some uplifting downtime with convenient access to all of your endeavors.
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Very disappointed with my stay.
1) Poor service. I had to carry my own suit cases when I was checking in and checking out. The bell staff just did not care, especially the female staff named Hayashi at the check-out counter. She was rude and when I asked her for someone to help with luggage, she just pointed to the door and asked me to go there myself. Another female staff on the phone gave me someone else's message but turned around to accuse me of not providing certain information. (Seriously, what information besides self-identification is necessary to retrieve a message if I am calling from the room?)
Although I did see a couple of staff looking helpful with Japanese-speaking guests so perhaps this hotel targets the locals. I was surprised given Japan's usually-high service standards but this hotel did not even meet international standards when it comes to dealing with foreign guests.

2) Poor location
It is a far walk from the nearest train station. Even though the walkway is covered, it is a wind tunnel and extremely cold at night. Worse, hotel was not prompt in getting taxis on standby. For two consecutive weekday mornings during work hours (between 8-9am), I had to wait for about 15-20minutes in the cold with no cab. I have stayed at and visited various locations in Tokyo and never waited for more than 5 minutes for taxi. In most hotels in Tokyo, the staff would go out to the main road to get the taxis to come in but I did not see that at the Westin.

Despite the room being very spacious and kept rather clean, the above mentioned points would be more than enough to turn me away from this hotel for a long time to come.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Kilynny
The_Westin_Tokyo, Digital Marketing coordinator at The Westin Tokyo, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Westin Tokyo, and taking your time to send us your valuable feedback. First of all, please accept our sincere apology on your unsatisfactory experience on your recent stay because of the rude service you have received upon departure, luggage support and conversation on the phone.
This is obviously not the experience we want you to have at The Westin Tokyo.
During peak check out times, taxi availability can become unpredictable despite our continuing efforts to the contrary. We apologize for the delay you experienced and would like to offer our assurances.We will continue to work with the taxi groups to ensure better levels of coverage at all times. For the message delivery, the phone agent took a wrong step (procedure) to deliver it. We are very sorry that the agent asked you about your unnecessary identification. We all understand guests’ profile, ID and their safety are the most important. So we make sure staffs recognize them thoroughly again.
Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention.
I would like you to know that your valuable feedback will be shared by our team and management, And we would take this opportunity to review our service standard, and improve the guest service to meet your expectations.
We would highly appreciate for your continuous patronage of The Westin Tokyo,
And thank you again for giving us the opportunity to reviewing our service standard.
Sydney
Reviewed February 28, 2013

As a family we only had a couple of nights before going on to the snow and The Westin made it a great stay. Through their concierge we organised a tour guide and restaurant for lunch. 'Haroumi' was our guide and she really made our stay in Tokyo. She filled us in on so much history, culture and local knowledge that we would never have had access to. The hotel recommended and booked a Teppanyaki restaurant for lunch which was a fantastic experience with Haroumi translating for our chef as he told us all about the dishes he was preparing. Our children, 20 and 18 and my husband and I rated it one of the best meals we've ever had.
The hotel is styled classically, with close to American size bathrooms (this is important in Japan!).
Breakfast buffet was very nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
The_Westin_Tokyo, Digital Marketing Coordinator at The Westin Tokyo, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to post a review. We are thankful of your kind patronage to the Westin Tokyo and also for the encouragement we find in your gracious review. Important, yes, you are to us and we only find it our joy to ensure you of a delightful stay! The tour guide “Haroumi” san would be very pleased that your experience in Tokyo was good. We look forward to your return. Until then, please take care.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed February 26, 2013

First of all, you cannot compare the value of a hotel in Tokyo with one in China. Tokyo's land value and wages are highest in Japan, and Asia.

I spent 2 nights in the hotel. The staff were very helpful before I arrived. E-mail correspondence was attended quickly with fluent English. Check-in was very efficient. The staff even gave me a feel as if I was in Europe.

The parking facility was just great. I reserved a parking space during my stay. The auto gate recognized my car's license plate and it let me out and in automatically without inserting a ticket.

The room was VERY spacious, even in the context of China & USA, not to mention Tokyo, which relaxed me a lot. The decoration was in classic European style. It's warmly-coloured everywhere so it is not like other brands like Le Meridien which gives you cyber feel.

I tried a bar in the 20-something floor. Tokyo Tower is in your eyes over there. The price is tally with a 5-star hotel but IMO it is worth trying.

Surrounding area is quiet since Ebisu is not a place for entertainment. But going to and from Ebisu JR station is convenient by skywalk, the escalator network. So you don't have to walk uphill from the station to the hotel.

It's definitely a value choice if you want to stay luxuriously in Tokyo.

Room Tip: Avoid connecting room. Soundproofing is much better than most of the houses/apartments in Japan but...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
The_Westin_Tokyo, Digital marketing coordinator at The Westin Tokyo, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to post a review. We are thankful of your kind patronage to the Westin Tokyo and also for the encouragement we find in your gracious review. I would very pleased that you enjoyed the Heavenly Bed that promises to "sleep on clouds" The Westin Hotel Original in rooms surrounded by lush greenery, were made in the interior of fine European style and relaxed atmosphere you. Our location we hope, a respite in the center of Tokyo, is a unique attribute ‘designed’ to assist you to escape from the daily grind. Thank for allowing us to contribute to your Tokyo experience. We hope to see you very soon again.
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We were able to extend our visit to Tokyo and spent the extra night at the Westin. We arrived around noon time and were able to check in right away. The room was clean, comfortable, and quite spacious. The location was a bit of a walk from the metro but it was quite a nice area. The highlight was the staff who were all very friendly... We had an issue with the AC and two gentleman fixed it right away and were also very friendly. When we booked the rates were quite reasonable compared to other comparable hotels and we were delighted to have stayed there.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
The_Westin_Tokyo, Digital Marketing coordinator at The Westin Tokyo, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with the Westin Tokyo. We feel privileged to have been able to serve you. Thank you for taking much of your valuable time to post a review, of which will surely be shared with all of our associates. We are humbled with your kind words, as it is our genuine joy that we are able to contribute to your Tokyo experience and even more for a Westin Tokyo one. Please hurry back. Until then, do take care.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meguro
Shinjuku
Akasaka / Roppongi
Grand Hyatt Tokyo
Grand Hyatt Tokyo
#4 of 109 in Minato

Been to The Westin Tokyo? Share your experiences!