The Westin Tokyo
Trip.com
$106
$88
  • Restaurant
Grand Residence Nakameguro(Meguro)(Great Value!)
$59
Tokyu Stay Meguro Yutenji(Meguro)(Great Value!)
$92
JAPANiCAN.com
  • Restaurant
Ryokan
1,894 results
All reviewsebisu stationebisu areayebisu garden placespg pointsmoving walkwaymitsukoshi department storejoel robuchonexecutive clubterrace restaurantminute walkexecutive floorplatinum membercovered walkwayrooms are largebit datedyamanote linebreakfast buffet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Very disappointed with my stay.
1) Poor service. I had to carry my own suit cases when I was checking in and checking out. The bell staff just did not care, especially the female staff named Hayashi at the check-out counter. She was rude and when I asked her for someone to help with luggage, she just pointed to the door and asked me to go there myself. Another female staff on the phone gave me someone else's message but turned around to accuse me of not providing certain information. (Seriously, what information besides self-identification is necessary to retrieve a message if I am calling from the room?)
Although I did see a couple of staff looking helpful with Japanese-speaking guests so perhaps this hotel targets the locals. I was surprised given Japan's usually-high service standards but this hotel did not even meet international standards when it comes to dealing with foreign guests.

2) Poor location
It is a far walk from the nearest train station. Even though the walkway is covered, it is a wind tunnel and extremely cold at night. Worse, hotel was not prompt in getting taxis on standby. For two consecutive weekday mornings during work hours (between 8-9am), I had to wait for about 15-20minutes in the cold with no cab. I have stayed at and visited various locations in Tokyo and never waited for more than 5 minutes for taxi. In most hotels in Tokyo, the staff would go out to the main road to get the taxis to come in but I did not see that at the Westin.

Despite the room being very spacious and kept rather clean, the above mentioned points would be more than enough to turn me away from this hotel for a long time to come.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Kilynny
The_Westin_Tokyo, Digital Marketing coordinator at The Westin Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Westin Tokyo, and taking your time to send us your valuable feedback. First of all, please accept our sincere apology on your unsatisfactory experience on your recent stay because of the rude service you have received upon departure, luggage support and conversation on the phone.
This is obviously not the experience we want you to have at The Westin Tokyo.
During peak check out times, taxi availability can become unpredictable despite our continuing efforts to the contrary. We apologize for the delay you experienced and would like to offer our assurances.We will continue to work with the taxi groups to ensure better levels of coverage at all times. For the message delivery, the phone agent took a wrong step (procedure) to deliver it. We are very sorry that the agent asked you about your unnecessary identification. We all understand guests’ profile, ID and their safety are the most important. So we make sure staffs recognize them thoroughly again.
Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention.
I would like you to know that your valuable feedback will be shared by our team and management, And we would take this opportunity to review our service standard, and improve the guest service to meet your expectations.
We would highly appreciate for your continuous patronage of The Westin Tokyo,
And thank you again for giving us the opportunity to reviewing our service standard.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

As a family we only had a couple of nights before going on to the snow and The Westin made it a great stay. Through their concierge we organised a tour guide and restaurant for lunch. 'Haroumi' was our guide and she really made our stay in Tokyo. She filled us in on so much history, culture and local knowledge that we would never have had access to. The hotel recommended and booked a Teppanyaki restaurant for lunch which was a fantastic experience with Haroumi translating for our chef as he told us all about the dishes he was preparing. Our children, 20 and 18 and my husband and I rated it one of the best meals we've ever had.
The hotel is styled classically, with close to American size bathrooms (this is important in Japan!).
Breakfast buffet was very nice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
The_Westin_Tokyo, Digital Marketing Coordinator at The Westin Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to post a review. We are thankful of your kind patronage to the Westin Tokyo and also for the encouragement we find in your gracious review. Important, yes, you are to us and we only find it our joy to ensure you of a delightful stay! The tour guide “Haroumi” san would be very pleased that your experience in Tokyo was good. We look forward to your return. Until then, please take care.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

First of all, you cannot compare the value of a hotel in Tokyo with one in China. Tokyo's land value and wages are highest in Japan, and Asia.

I spent 2 nights in the hotel. The staff were very helpful before I arrived. E-mail correspondence was attended quickly with fluent English. Check-in was very efficient. The staff even gave me a feel as if I was in Europe.

The parking facility was just great. I reserved a parking space during my stay. The auto gate recognized my car's license plate and it let me out and in automatically without inserting a ticket.

The room was VERY spacious, even in the context of China & USA, not to mention Tokyo, which relaxed me a lot. The decoration was in classic European style. It's warmly-coloured everywhere so it is not like other brands like Le Meridien which gives you cyber feel.

I tried a bar in the 20-something floor. Tokyo Tower is in your eyes over there. The price is tally with a 5-star hotel but IMO it is worth trying.

Surrounding area is quiet since Ebisu is not a place for entertainment. But going to and from Ebisu JR station is convenient by skywalk, the escalator network. So you don't have to walk uphill from the station to the hotel.

It's definitely a value choice if you want to stay luxuriously in Tokyo.

Room Tip: Avoid connecting room. Soundproofing is much better than most of the houses/apartments in Japan but still not to the standard in the U.S..
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
The_Westin_Tokyo, Digital marketing coordinator at The Westin Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to post a review. We are thankful of your kind patronage to the Westin Tokyo and also for the encouragement we find in your gracious review. I would very pleased that you enjoyed the Heavenly Bed that promises to "sleep on clouds" The Westin Hotel Original in rooms surrounded by lush greenery, were made in the interior of fine European style and relaxed atmosphere you. Our location we hope, a respite in the center of Tokyo, is a unique attribute ‘designed’ to assist you to escape from the daily grind. Thank for allowing us to contribute to your Tokyo experience. We hope to see you very soon again.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were able to extend our visit to Tokyo and spent the extra night at the Westin. We arrived around noon time and were able to check in right away. The room was clean, comfortable, and quite spacious. The location was a bit of a walk from the metro but it was quite a nice area. The highlight was the staff who were all very friendly... We had an issue with the AC and two gentleman fixed it right away and were also very friendly. When we booked the rates were quite reasonable compared to other comparable hotels and we were delighted to have stayed there.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
The_Westin_Tokyo, Digital Marketing coordinator at The Westin Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with the Westin Tokyo. We feel privileged to have been able to serve you. Thank you for taking much of your valuable time to post a review, of which will surely be shared with all of our associates. We are humbled with your kind words, as it is our genuine joy that we are able to contribute to your Tokyo experience and even more for a Westin Tokyo one. Please hurry back. Until then, do take care.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed one night here. Very comfortable, but very expensive. The location is quite out of the way, but being in Meguro let me walk to the very famous tonkatsu restaurant Tonki.

The room was quite nice, but the styling was very old-fashioned and not really to my liking. Trying too hard to be European rather than the more minimalist Japanese style.

Overall, I was satisfied, but not sure I'd necessarily stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
The_Westin_Tokyo, Digital Marketing coordinator at The Westin Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you for your review and even more for your stay with us. We are delighted to hear you were able to feel renewed and relaxed in our guestrooms and your visit to Tokyo was a truly enjoyable one! The Westin Tokyo were made in the interior of fine European style and relaxed atmosphere you.We promise to everyone with our high standard of Westin hospitality. We sincerely look forward to seeing you again.