“Great location and city view”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Westin Tokyo

The Westin Tokyo
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels / Ryokan in Meguro
Long Beach, California
“Great location and city view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

The Westin Tokyo is just a 10 minute walk to the Ebisu train station. Yes it's a bit of a journey, but it's on the skywalk which is covered and there are people movers to help speed things up.

Room- we were on the club level so we had a sparkling huge room with an amazing view of the Tokyo tower. Bathrooms were good- we got a kick out of the toilet/bidet. I like that it makes swishing sounds when you first sit down. Very nice when you have to share a room... The Japanese never disappoint- beds were comfy and the room was very clean.

Location- in a business/residential area. It's not loud or filled with tourists walking around. There are some restaurants nearby. If you want nightlife interaction, walk down to the Ebisu station where there are some bars and restaurants that stay open late (we found places open at 1am on a Tuesday night). Shibuya is the next station over or you can take a taxi (about $20 USD w/traffic). If you can, utilize the trains- it's easy and efficient but only run until about 12:30am. Just learn the difference between the JR line and Tokyo metro.
Since we were out late the trains were closed then the skywalk was too...we had to walk on the street back to the hotel. Not a problem for 2 girls- we felt totally safe by ourselves.
The hotel is connected to an indoor mall so it is very convenient. One of my fave places was the little market (like Family Mart, can't remember the name) for snacks. I loved the hand rolls and they were less the $2 USD each. Perfect to grab on the way to the train station.

Staff- was friendly. Concierge is very helpful with directions. There is a map for anything you need with door to door instructions.

Wifi- we just used the free wifi in the lobby. Connection was good.

Getting there--From Narita Airport- take the train/Narita Express. It's a little intimidating but easy to do! It's about $35 1 way- if you can buy the JR Rail Pass. You must buy this before entering the country (totally worth it!). It's about a 1 1/2 hour ride total. If you are paying by credit card (AMEX) you need to go to the window to pay- I could not use the machine.
Get off on Shibuya and then go to the Yamanote Line (green). The trains are frequent so it's about a 5 minute wait. Ride to Ebisu (it's a short ride--I think it might be 1-2 stops from there). Find signs to the skywalk. You'll walk for about 10 minutes. There will be many signs for the Westin and Yebisu Garden Place. If you get lost then go to the information desk at the train station for directions! Don't wing it...a lot of the staff do speak English and will help you.

Cost- we had a deal through a family member that works for Starwood. I saw that our room was about $375 USD. For the amount of space and amenities I feel that this is a fair cost to stay at the Westin. I stayed 1 night in Shibuya at a budget motel for $150 (through expedia, regular cost was $220/night) and it was a closet. Our room in westin fit 3 people comfortably. I would come back again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank orange_crush6
, e-commerce coordinator at The Westin Tokyo, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Thank you for your review and even more for your stay with us. We are delighted to hear that your visit to Tokyo was a truly enjoyable one! Our location, Ebisu is quite a gem. As you’ve mentioned, the many hidden discoveries here and there are popular to the local community as well. We boast true Westin professionalism and personal attentiveness to our guests! We only hope for your return in the not so distant future, until then please take and stay well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

I stayed at the Westin for the last leg of my honeymoon. The hotel itself is quite grand. The lobby is very large with crazy high ceilings. I thought that the service was excellent all around and the rooms itself were quite large. I have absolutely no complaints about the hotel. The rooms are clean, the hotel was very well kept and everyone was very helpful. Only bad thing is that the hotel is so far from the metro. Most of the walking is covered. From the hotel, you have to walk through the Ebisu Garden (which is quite lovely actually) and from there, once you enter the station, you have to take maybe 4-5 moving walk ways before you end up at the JR Yamanote line. If you want the Hibisu line, it's even further away. To get to the JR, I would say it took us about 7-10 minutes. Only upside is that the walk is almost entirely covered so if it's raining, it's not too big a deal. Other than that, hotel is awesome.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanie Y
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

I stay relatively frequently at the Westin Tokyo on business trips, and this is my second review of the hotel - which I'm doing because this time, my wife was able to join me and I wanted to comment more from the perspective of a "couple".

In a nutshell, while this is an excellent business hotel, it was an even better place to spend some time with the spouse. First off, we were greeted by name during check in (thank you, Ms. Mirei Ri, for remembering me) and, as SPG members, upgraded to a corner room on a higher floor. Though weather makes it unpredictable, when the sky is blue, you get a great view from any side.

Then, there are the concierges - who are just terrific. Ms. Matsuura, Ms. Numakura, and Ms. Konishi really spent their time and effort on each and every one of our requests, getting us great tables at popular restaurants and making spot-on suggestions for our outings. When my wife told them that she wanted to take a cooking class at the ABC Cooking Studio in Tokyo Midtown, they not only made all the arrangements for her, but went out of their way to get her an apron (actually two - so she could choose, and they ironed them first) to use during the class. And all done with a smile and genuine interest in how we enjoyed whatever they had arranged for us.

One can and should expect a pretty high level of service across the board in Japan, but we really appreciate those little things that, to our mind, help make a stay at the Westin Tokyo a memorable experience.

Room Tip: Corner rooms feel roomier. All floors are quiet, but the higher floors are especially so and have t...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

My colleague found out I was going to spend the night in Tokyo, and he implored me to stay here. I have to buy him a beer, because his recommendation was on point. The public areas of the hotel were beautifully furnished, and the service was exemplary.

The room was very comfortable, and although I only had a few hours to spend there, I had a wonderful time. Make no mistake, it's quite expensive. But if you're staying in Tokyo, you can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

Ok, the Westin is expensive, very expensive. But it is a lovely hotel.

This was my first trip to Tokyo and I stayed at this hotel since it is close to my office. The rooms are of a good size, especially for Tokyo. Although I didn't have the breakfast buffet, the buffet spread was quite wide.

The staff is very helpful especially the concierge who helped me with directions to the train station and some of the attractions.

The Westin is in the Ebisu suburb which is quite upmarket and very quiet. The Ebisu station is a 10 min walk from the hotel. The hotel is about 30 mins from Haneda airport.
There is a Starbucks right across from the hotel and a couple of restaurants as well. A really nice Korean barbecue restaurants awaits on the top floor of the mall opposite to the hotel.

All in all a great hotel for a business trip, but too expensive for a personal stay!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Yuko K, e-commerce coordinator at The Westin Tokyo, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to post a review. We are humbled with your kind words of encouragement; we hope to continue building the Westin Tokyo experience with spirited enthusiasm. We believe in offering the best of international standards combined with immaculate Westin Tokyo hospitality and service- attention to detail, tailored service, and effort in understanding our guests. We only hope for your return in the not so distant future, until then please take and stay well.
minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

The Westin was a wonderful hotel! Maybe not the most central, but right by the JR line and Subway station. It was nice that there was shopping attached and right next to the hotel, with many restaurant choices. The rooms were large, and very comfortable. Concierge was very helpful, and helped me book a great tour!

Room Tip: Take the hotel bus from the airport
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to post a review. Your kind words are of the greatest encouragement to all of us. We believe in offering the best of international standards combined with immaculate Westin Tokyo hospitality and service- attention to detail, tailored service, and effort in understanding our guests. We only hope for your return in the not so distant future, until then please take and stay well.
australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

Very friendly hotel within easy walking distance to the subway and a host of restaurants nearby. Rooms are large by Japanese standards and decorated in a very western style – there is nothing that really signifies you are in Tokyo in the furnishings. One of my pet hates in hotel rooms is the lack of storage. Our room had a great wardrobe but was seriously lacking with draw space – imagine a safe being located right in the middle of one of 3 drawers making it useless for storage. We had stayed there previously and chose a club room again. I didn’t think the standards was anywhere near as high as previously and I can name a host of other hotels with better club evening cocktail facilities. We chose to eat breakfast from the ground floor buffet – nothing very special. Probably would look at another hotel if we ever travel to Tokyo again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meguro
Shinjuku
Conrad Tokyo
Conrad Tokyo
#1 of 108 in Minato
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,756 reviews

Been to The Westin Tokyo? Share your experiences!