“Good Hotel for young kids”
Review of The Westin Tokyo

The Westin Tokyo
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels / Ryokan in Meguro
Reviewed March 31, 2011

I have stayed in the Westin Tokyo in the Ebisu area twice. I was with a group of friends and between us we have about 10 rooms.

It is a very hotel for kids. There is a very big basement area with McDonalds, ramen shop, tonkatsu and a major department store. Kids can run around in this area, no cars.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank AwSnowboarder
Mireiwestin, E-Business Coordinator at The Westin Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2011

Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to post a review. We regard our location to be unique from that of the ordinary. A respite in the center of the Tokyo metropolis, we are a safe haven for our guests of all ages- it is where “worry” and “anxiety” are replaced with pure “comfort” and a sense of “home”. We anxiously await for your return. Please take care until then.

Reviewed March 30, 2011

This is our family's favorite hotel in Tokyo simply based on our all pleasurable stays in the past. Thisntime, it was even more special. My family and I checked in one day before the big earthquake. This is probably our 8 or 9th time staying here so everything was usual until the earthquake hit. We have a 5 year old and a 15 month old and we were in their elevator going up to our floor and the elevator suddenly got shaky, stopped momentarily and moved again. It stopped and it's door was opened on the next floor, and first we thought the elevator was broken. We all rushed out with our kids and realized the whole building was shaking and swinging, the elevators were banging loudly... I'm from California and somewhat used to earthquake and first thought it wasn't a big deal. But it didn't take me too long to realize this one is big. There was a small table in front of the elevators so we rushed our kids underneath and within seconds, I see hotel staffs assigned on each floor to assist anyone who needs help. When it finally got calm down, we were assisted with three staffs to walk down and out of the building safely. They definitely knew what to do and prepared for any emergencies. Everyone was out, including all staffs with their indoor uniform on and it was quite windy and chilly at that time but everyone was doing their job with smile on their face taking very good care of each and every guests there. Safety inspection took about an hour or more and staffs took all available chairs, blankets, sheets and even towels out making sure guests are being taken care of. They started serving hot teas, distributing bottled water... I was also so impressed how calm and orderly Japanese guests were.
When guests were allowed back into the lobby, it became late afternoon and they started serving hor d'oeurvres and pastries making sure guests comfortable. They realized many shops and restaurants in the area are closed, and they started serving all guests at their buffet restaurant around the clock on the house! They were even apologetic for food quality not at their top shape due to it's "emergency". Food was fine. Very good.
Every single one of the staffs took so good care of each guests, we felt safe even with 2 little kids traveling with us. We left Tokyo 3 days after the earthquake, and we had a very good stay and enjoyed the neighborhood just as we always had.

I believe their assistant manager was in charge of dealing with this incident right after the earthquake and he was very professional and showed great leadership. My wife wanted to send a thank you letter but can't remember his name. Tall Japanese guy with short, almost shaved hair. Well, thank you and thank you everyone at Westin Tokyo making us feel at home every time we visit.

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank IVsystem
Mireiwestin, E-Business Coordinator at The Westin Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2011

First and foremost may we, the Westin Tokyo thank YOU for having been so cooperative and understanding when the earthquake took place on March 11th, 2011 Friday (now known as the East Japan Earthquake). The well and safe-being of our guests are a priority in any circumstances. This means providing a calm and orderly comfort by all means.

We are truly thankful of all of our guest's strong spirit shown during the evacuation and throughout; delighted that you were able to enjoy the remainder of your stay.

A heartfelt thank you for your kind words of great encouragement. They have been shared to the entire staff of the Westin Tokyo and Starwood Asia Pacific Division. We have conveyed your appreciation to our Service Express manager–with your review, he has been acknowledged for his leadership.

We truly hope to welcome you back to Tokyo and the Westin Tokyo in the not too distant future. The Westin Tokyo is confident in providing our cherished guests a safe-haven with immaculate and heartfelt hospitality. Please take care and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed February 26, 2011

Very very friendly and helpful staff.

Fantastic Japanese food restaurants.
Great Chinese food restaurant.

Hotel been used for Italian shoes fair when I was there - too busy with public in and out - Noisy.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Mireiwestin, E-Business Coordinator at The Westin Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2011

Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to post a review. We are glad to hear that both our restaurants and services provided a delightful experience. Attentive to our guest’s needs with genuine heartfelt hospitality- that is our mantra. We are proud of our award winning gourmet restaurants- Chinese Restaurant Ryutenmon has been awarded a star from the Michelin Guide Tokyo in consecutive years, with hopes to nourish the soul with a feeling of “mmm....yummy!!” Hurry back, until then, please take care.

Reviewed February 25, 2011

I have been once earlier in Tokyo staying that time in the Hilton Tokyo hotel as a Hilton D member.
My stay in that hotel was one of the best ever so I was again going to stay in that fabulous hotel. Because I pay my hotel bills by myself as a leisure traveller the price of the stay does matter and I looked also for other hotels. At he time I was travelling I found The Westin Tokyo cheaper although I calculated what to get as a Hilton D member compared to Starwood Basic member. So I found some hints in here Tripadvisor how somebody has uppgraded her room at a very reasonable price. So I asked at the reception how much the uppgrade would be and it was much more expensive than I supposed it to be. When I got my room I was very happy that I did not pay more for uppgrade because my room was really wonderful and luxurious. Because there was shopping center very near to hotel I arranged my own executive lounge by shopping very nice and fresh food from Mitsukoshi. I even get information about the Sushi varities from always friendly japanese people who were customers in that store without asking. Thank you again because the food was excellent!
To me it took one day to recover of the flight from Finland to Tokyo but after that I was ready to use the train and metro system of Tokyo. But it In Ebisu the distance to stations from the hotel was quite reasonable because I like to walk around in foreign cities.
So before this stay my best hotel experience was Hilton Tokyo at the Executive Floor.Now I can say that The Westin hotel experience was equal fabulous even though I was staying at the Starwood Preferred Guest floor. My brother has the Platinium card of Starwood and although I have been i many Starwood hotels with him I naturally get no points in order to get a higher Starwood card. Actually the distance between these hotels is not so big as I thought before my trip.
So what did this hotel so excellent? Of course my room but also the staff who worked very nicely staying at the background. They were all the time available but not intrusive.
I think that the Westin Tokyo did everything that hotel can in order to make my visit so comfortable. Thank you again!
So if you have to choose between these two hotels I'm very convinced that both are so excellent that if you will get a good deal and the location is good for you so do not have to look no further.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Mireiwestin, E-Business Coordinator at The Westin Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2011

“Kiitos paljon” thank you very much for your stay and for taking the time to post a review. We are delighted to hear of your pleasant experience at the Westin Tokyo. We are thankful we were able to contribute to your Tokyo experience and truly hope we will have the chance to welcome you back in the not so long distant future. Until then, please take care and stay well.

Reviewed February 23, 2011

The Westin Tokyo is one of the better Starwood hotels that I've stayed at. I travel pretty frequently and have stayed at numerous Starwood hotels and I have to say that the service provided here was second to none. It probably didn't hurt that I was a Platinum member.

Even prior to my arrival, the staff helped me with several requests I had in regards to the room. I was traveling with 3 other guests so 2 rooms were booked during our stay. The hotel and staff helped us by getting us 2 rooms adjacent to each other. With one being a suite and the rooms connected, it felt like a large 2 bedroom apartment and was extremely comfortable for the 4 of us.

Our trip to Tokyo was relatively short so we wanted to try and cram as much into 3 days as possible. The concierge helped us with our selections of restaurants, entertainment, shopping, etc. B/c we were out most of the day, most of our time at the hotel was spent eating breakfast and sleeping. The breakfast there is fantastic. As a platinum member, you have a choice to eat at the starwood preferred lounge or at the restaurant on the main level. Although there was a bit of a mixup with the hotel not recognizing my status during our first breakfast (had to speak with like 3 different staff members), they cleared it up and we didn't have any issues the rest of our stay. As I mentioned previously, the rooms were excellent and getting the rest we needed each night, to prepare for the long days that followed, was a non issue b/c the beds were so comfortable. We were in Tokyo for only 3 days but we saw so much that I think we really got a good feel of what Tokyo had to offer.

When I go back to Tokyo, I will definitely be staying at the Westin Tokyo

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Mireiwestin, E-Business Coordinator at The Westin Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2011

May we sincerely thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to post a review. It is a delight to hear of guest experiences as we not only receive great encouragement from them, but give us an opportunity to build rapport with you and learn where we can improve. May we apologize for the little hassle caused regarding your breakfast arrangement, something that could have been prevented had communication been better taken between ourselves- such should not take place again. Thank you for letting us contribute to your Tokyo experience. We anxiously await for your return. Please take care and stay well.

Reviewed February 21, 2011

This hotel was truly superb. From the endless helpfulness of the staff, to the amazing food, to the breath-taking views- this is what every hotel should be like. Stayed here for a week and a few days, and felt like every need was taken care of, and could not have asked for more.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to post a review. Your kind words are of the greatest encouragement to all of us. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you. We hope to see you again soon. Until then, please take care.

Reviewed February 13, 2011

I cannot stress it enough - the service on this hotel was amazing! I've travelled to many places in the past 2 years and have not had equivalent full hotel service as I've had at the Westin Tokyo. You will not that I did not score the highest mark for Location, but it's still in a pretty good spot. It takes about 2 hours via Airport Limousine Bus from Narita to the hotel. It is a 10 min walk to Ebisu station for either the JR Line or the Subway. Even on a cold February day it was an easy walk.

As for service, I had contacted Mirei prior to my trip and she ensured everything was perfectly setup. She not only forwarded me plenty of information, she also arranged a tour for me and contacted the concierge on my behalf for other questions. And, to top it all off, when i arrived there was a welcome packet full of information, maps, guides, and anything else that one could need. This was well over the top from any of my hotel experiences in the past year, including many TripAdvisor top rated hotel.

if you are going to Tokyo I can highly recommend the Westin Tokyo. The service all around was top notch and Mirei really topped it all off. I hope to return to both Tokyo and the Westin soon.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank j274

May we sincerely thank you for your stay and for taking the time to post a review. It is our greatest pleasure in being able to contribute to our guest’s travel experiences from start to end. The Westin Tokyo receives many different kinds of travelers and being able to cater to the different needs of our guests is what we deem important. Through team work and sharing of knowledge each department carries, we are able to deliver an experience unlike that of the ordinary- a true Westin Tokyo stay. Thank you for your kind words of encouragement, as we truly hope to serve you in the not so distant future. Until then, please take care and stay well.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Meguro
Shibuya / Harajuku / Ebisu
Odaiba / Shiodome / Shinbashi
Park Hotel Tokyo
Park Hotel Tokyo
#7 of 116 in Minato

Been to The Westin Tokyo? Share your experiences!