“Just as good 14 years later” 5 of 5 bubbles

Tonki
Ranked #1 of 2,622 Restaurants in Meguro
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Shibuya / Harajuku / Ebisu
Lake Forest, California
“Just as good 14 years later”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

I first discovered Tonki 14 years ago when I lived in Meguro. It was so good it became a go to place at least 3x/week! I finally made it back after 14 long years of missing it and always telling people it was the best place to go. Nothing has changed, same great experience and same great dinner.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank f1racinggal

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Milan, Lombardia, Italy
“Famous Tonkatsu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Good, well cooked Tonkatsu in meguro. Plenty of cabbage, rice at a reasonable price.
Near the station, it is a must.

• Visited October 2012
“Tonki tonkatsu review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Visited Tonki at 6.30pm as i had a hard time finding the shop . It is just located 2 shops away from the pachinko store in a small lonely lane . Apparently the stop has been selling tonkatsu for a very long time. Ordered their specialty,rosu katsu and it was very good . It was crispy on the outside , tender in the inside and the small piece of white fat just evaporates in your mouth . No wonder there's a long queue for it. The best thing bout the piece is the environment and the great service . Its got a family feel to it . Definitely worth the trip again . It opens from 4pm to 10.45pm and close on tuesdays and every 3rd Monday.

2 Thank LonelyMeng
Barrigada, Guam
“Delicious tonkatsu done the right way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

My family and I dined in the first night we arrived in Tokyo. We heard about the buzz on their loin katsu so I had to see for myself and was amazed with the outcome. I really enjoyed the flavors of the tonjiru soup and the tonkatsu breading came out perfect! I wanted to sit at the counter so I could enjoy watching the chefs in action but they moved us upstairs which I felt lacked ambiance. But that won't stop me from trying their tonkatsu. I'm officially a fan and I'll definitely be back again in the near future. Btw, the lady that served us what such a sweetie bear, she was always smiling and refilling our drinks. It made our first time there a great experience. Thank you Tonki!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Erika312
Singapore, Singapore
“とんかつ とんき”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

One of the best in tonkatsu, with GREAT value! Always crowded so try to make reservation. Unfortunately, we couldn't stay downstairs to watch the chefs in action (they handle fresh-out-of-the-oil tonkatsu with bare fingers!), so had to head upstairs.

Order the rosu (loin) because it's the more delicious one here, don't worry about the fats and your waistline, we loved it. Hire can get slightly dry.

Closed on the 3rd Monday each month & Tuesdays.

• Visited March 2013