“Very good food, but my server has some room for improvement”
Review of Victor's

Victor's
Ranked #46 of 3,424 Restaurants in Meguro
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Shibuya / Harajuku / Ebisu
Reviewed June 18, 2017

Went for breakfast, and the food was great. Plenty of selection. My server did not understand English well, and had a difficulty of communication. Needed to ask coffee 3 or 4 times before I got it (eventually asked another server and he brought it right away). Other than that, a good restaurant.

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed January 2, 2016 via mobile

Our large family group had our dinner here. I appreciated the effort of the staff to seat all 16 of us on one long table and the effort they made to serve us properly. That said, I found the food quite ordinary and thus disappointing given the reputation this place has.

I had the soup of the day to start, which was quite a decent mushroom soup. My main course was the aged US Sirloin. It was quite ordinary and sliced too thin to even had a chance of being cooked medium rare, which is the way I like it. It came with a side of steamed vegetables and a thick ordinary dark sauce on the side of the plate. I've had better at ordinary US steak houses.

We skipped the dessert menu and just headed down to the hotel's (Westin Tokyo) lobby for dessert and an excellent affogato.

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed November 14, 2015

We have been invited to Victor's French restaurant. Food was excellent, I have no idea about the prices... Hotel is proposing to have breakfast there for additional fee, so you can enjoy the city view from there.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed June 15, 2015 via mobile

The fun part of it was the dessert, vegetables with a chocolate dip, but rather than that a great experience. The risotto was great.

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed May 12, 2015

The tedium of business travel can sometimes be alleviated by some opportunistic discovery. It was not so this evening when I ventured into an empty Victor's.

It is early, so I thought, and surely the crowd will soon appear. I had eaten at the restaurant previously and had not be won over but was sufficiently happy with the distraction that I had decided to return.

So past the compulsory amuse-bouche, i start my meal with a meli-melo of vegetables. Basically, tomatoes at different stages of ripeness.
Where is the cooking, you may ask..... I would not be able to answer this delicate question as there seem to have been none, save for the cutting of the tomatoes.
I was wondering however, why it took so long to prepare a starter when I was the only one in the restaurant and there was no cooking nor eating involved.

This was followed by a vegetable lasagna, basically an aubergine cake with layers of cheese. Pleasant enough but hardly ground breaking.

This was sealed off with the joke of the evening, a very cruel joke. Having decided that no cooking was going to happen in the kitchen this evening, the chef had three vegetables based deserts.

Oooooohhh I hear you say, would this be the famous tomato of Alain Passard? Nope it wasn't. The dish consisted of bits of vegetables, cauliflower, asparagus (that looked rather limp and sad), cherry tomatoes, potatoes... and a little pot of chocolate in which one is supposed to dip the supreme vegs.

As a matter of fact, before you look cerebral and pretentious, you might want to ensure that the produces are actually fresh and of good quality.

Cut the crap Victor. Had my mum been here, she would have gone into the kitchen, slapped the chef twice and started some serious cooking lessons.

Date of visit: May 2015