“Compact Hotel”

Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels / Ryokan in Koto
London, United Kingdom
“Compact Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

This trip was a business trip for an event at Tokyo Big Sight. We chose the hotel near byI arrived at Narita airport. Not having done my transport research, I decided to take a taxi. I was expecting an expensive fare and it was. It cost me almost $300 worth of taxi fare to get to the hotel.

Check in was easy. Staff spoke good English and friendly. When I got to the room, I was a bit surprised about its size. It was compact. I had a large suit case and I had to keep it closed if I wanted to walk around the room. It had a small cook top on the desk so you can boil a jug of water. It had the usual fancy toilet with many buttons. The bed was comfortable and the view was interesting - I was facing a train station.

After few days in Tokyo, I got familiar with travelling with the local railway. I was able to travel from the hotel to touristy places like Akihabara and Asakusa by train/subway. The JR Rinkai line goes through Odaiba, crosses the rainbow bridge and you change the subway at the Shinbashi station.

Food was great. One of my highlight was the Bistro La Rochelle, which is on the 2F of the same building as the hotel (Ariake Park Building). It's one of Iron Chef Sakai's restaurant. The food was exotic. There are Chinese and Italian restaurants there too.

Overall it was a clean hotel but very compact for the price I paid compared to other hotels I stayed around the world, but then I was expecting it. It is a bit out of way if you want to tour Tokyo.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank aoh101
YT1974TY, お客様担当マネージャー at Tokyo Bay Ariake Washington, responded to this review, October 21, 2016
We sincerely thank you for using our hotel and for your valuable comments.
We are waiting for the next time you come and than we can show you some different size rooms.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

For the first time I have had Japanese people lied to me right up in my face. Almost all foreigners complain about the heat in the rooms and we were promised since Monday that the A/C would be on from Wednesday. Wednesday came and they said tomorrow but then I spoke with the manager and he said, no A/C this week as we are still officially in a cold month. He didn't care that I had 27C in my room. His suggestions was open the curtain and the window will cool down the room and if that is not enough open the door to corridor. The Daiwa Roynet chain are offering so much more hotel for the money

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
And terribly sorry to have caused you such inconvenience.
We will continue to concentrate on improving our air conditioner.
We look forward to your next visit.

Travelers are raving about these Koto hotels

Kasterlee, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

Tiny rooms, staff hardly speaks English, all signing/info in Japanese, ... Not really a good international traveller hotel, but it is just 5 min walking from the fair grounds and thus substantial savings can be made on taxi fares or avoiding the (very good) public transport system. There is really nothing to be done in and around the hotel.
Breakfast is ok, but is served in a kind of canteen and everything but a relaxing experience.
Unless you have to be at the exhibition, I would consider paying a bit extra and get a better room.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TVCBelgium
YT1974TY, お客様担当マネージャー at Tokyo Bay Ariake Washington, responded to this review, October 19, 2016
Thank you for your coments.
We will try to do our best and try to polish up our english skills.
if you will have a chance to visit exhibition again,please stay our hotell.
we waiting you any time.
Moshi, Tanzania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

The one wek stay was quite an experience, i stayed here for a Tokyo Big sight exhibition. the place is well connected to the city center and its prices are affordable.

The only challenge is that this place has no breakfast.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your coments.
we hope you will stay our hotel again.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

It is a convenient location to the exhibition center. The only other positive aspect is the McDonald location right next to the hotel.
I also like to mention that for Tokyo the rates are very affordable.
That's I run out of positive things to say.
The hotel lobby looks and feels like a subway station and the rooms are not acceptable by western standards.
Super small and poorly appointed. AC worked poorly and the bathrooms were extremely small and not very functional.

I can't recommend this hotel unless somebody sets price and convenience as their key priorities.

• Stayed September 2011
Thank you for coming to our hotel.
We apologize for our inconvenience.
We will try to improve our room size and bathrooms.
We hope you will visit us again.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2011

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Granted it's not in the centre of Tokyo but the view certainly makes up for that. The surrounding area is beautiful both during the day and at night. The rooms are clean and the food is divine. Not to mention the staff who will go out of the way to make sure you are satisfied. The price is a little to be desired by a great place to stay if you're visiting Tokyo for a short while.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
YT1974TY, お客様担当マネージャー at Tokyo Bay Ariake Washington, responded to this review, October 17, 2016
Thank you for the coments.
we will try to do our best and do improve a service ,language skill and attitude.
if you have a chance to come to Japan,please stay our hotel ,again.
Leuven, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2010

Great if you have to be at Tokyo Big Sight and if you don't mind a small room and average food.

However, I found the room (especially the bathroom) really small. The main restaurant downstairs for breakfast and buffet dinner is very average in terms of food quality and choice, and often crowded. The Chinese restaurant on the 22nd floor offers great views but not so great food, compared to some of the restaurants in the area.

Overall though, value for money is very good, expect not more than what you pay for, this is after al Tokyo...

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for the coments.
And thank you for your point, we will try to do our best.
Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Koto
Odaiba / Shiodome / Shinbashi
Hilton Tokyo Odaiba
Hilton Tokyo Odaiba
#13 of 108 in Minato
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,917 reviews

Been to Tokyo Bay Ariake Washington? Share your experiences!