Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Vio.com
Algotels
StayForLong
All reviews grocery store stayed here for nights comfortable hotel rooms are small japan shibuya metro
Selected filters
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed here because we were attending something in Makuhari Messe and all hotels in the immediate area were booked out and/or reeeaaally expensive. This place was a fairly short train trip away, and not too far from Tokyo station either. If you wanted to go to Disneyland, this would be a pretty good option.

The hotel is clean and well-equipped. The room we booked was a small double room, and that's exactly what we got. We live in Tokyo and stay in hotels fairly frequently, this wasn't too bad, but I've stayed in larger for a similar cost. Can't complain though, the restaurant downstairs has a pretty good breakfast, probably not worth the cost though. McDonalds is close by, as are a couple of other restaurants and convenience stores.

There's some pretty interesting radical right wing nationalist propaganda in the hotel rooms because the founder of APA is a serious right wing believer. It was interesting to flick through the collection of essays on the "real history" of Japan. If you're heartily offended by that kind of thing, you might want to choose another hotel, but if you're just after a place to stay for a night or two, this place is pretty good.

Date of stay: September 2012
1  Thank femcastra
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here one night with my son while visiting Disneyland/Sea. Good location, and easy walk from the station. Waiting on the local train is a bit of a pain, but got such a good deal on the hotel through Agoda that I can't complain. Room was small by western standards, more than adequate for Tokyo. Very clean with a comfortable full bed and shower. Breakfast was expensive at 1600 yen a head, so we ate in the park! Complementary public bath on the second floor which we did not use.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I stayed for two nights at this APA location. The immediate areas surrounding the hotel are pretty quiet, and it is very close to the Shiomi station on the Keiyo JR line (when you exit the station, turn right and go backwards south and you'll see the hotel to your left at about a 100 meters or so).

My room was a single non-smoking, and booked through Agoda, it came to about 90 U.S. dollars per night including taxes/fees. For those who are mainly interested in visiting Disneyland/Disney Sea, this is probably the least expensive option for a hotel, compared to the exorbitant fees charged by the hotels immediately surrounding the Disney area. As others point out the hotel is only a few stops away from the Disney Maihama station.

The best part of the room was how clean and efficient everything was. The worst part is how small it was. I realize many of these types of hotels are small, but you know it's small when I, barely touching five foot six, find it small. I could not even sit comfortably in the bathtub. I could only imagine how it would be for someone taller.

Overall, for the price and location, I recommend this hotel if you are looking for good accommodation close to the Disney's without breaking the bank. And willing to put up with the small room size.

The Good:

- Rooms are very clean, with amenities including LCD tv. Bathroom comes with free toothbrush, shaving razor, and brush. The soap, shampoo, and conditioner come in huge bottle dispensers, much preferable to tiny soap bars.

- Surrounding area is relatively quiet and uneventful. I found it very quiet and easy to get a restful night's sleep.

- There is a Lawson right next to the hotel, and a market to the left of the Shiomi station. There's also a McDonald's in the Shiomi station itself downstairs.

- There is a public bath (though I didn't use this option). There's also two washing machine and dryer units in the men's public bath entrance (I assume they have them in the women's area also). The cost is 300 yen for a 40 minute wash, and 100 yen for 10 minutes in the dryer. The hotel brochure states that soap is automatically dispensed in the washer, but my clothes coming out didn't smell particularly fresh. I recommend buying some soap at the market. I also used the machines in the early afternoon around 3 P.M. when no one was using them.

- Good location. Close to the Disney's, and also to Odaiba with some transfers from Shin-Kiba station. Much cheaper than any hotels you'd find immediately surrounding the Disneys.

The Bad

- Room was very small.

- Internet in the rooms were not free. I was quoted 1000 yen per night.

- Even though the hotel is conveniently located near Shiomi station, if one isn't careful, they'll miss this stop and have to backtrack several times. Many of the trains bypass Shiomi, so double check the arriving train to see which train it is, and where it is going next, and compare to the route charts they have at the station.

- There is no in-room safe that I saw, for those that care, but usually not a concern with me in Japanese hotels. This is a non-tipping society after all.

- No English language channels for programming. Somehow I was still fascinated by the various Japanese channels available.

On a side note, I want to re-emphasize SK8888's way of getting from Narita airport to this hotel, as I find it to be the easiest way. When you exit the customs area, walk straight out to the exit and you'll notice posts with numbers on them lining the exit area (I was in Terminal 1). You want to catch the bus at post 5, this is the Keisei bus to Kaihin Makuhari train station. But you first have to buy a ticket at the bus ticket counter located inside of post 8 (cost was 1100 yen). There will be an attendant that will put your luggage in the bus and you give your ticket to the driver. Bus trip was about 25 minutes or so, and you'll know when you arrive at the station (bus announcement and you can also see the station when you arrive). At the station, take the Keiyo line to Tokyo that stops at Shiomi station (should be around 500 yen or so). I tried doing it the other way, taking a train directly from Narita airport to the Tokyo station, and then switching trains to the Keiyo line and Shiomi station. It was a nightmare, with a LOT of walking.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
5  Thank travel_sick08
Reviewed June 8, 2012

the location of the hotel is alright which is just a very short walk from the jr station, less than 3 mins of walk. but bear in mind that only local train stops at shiomi station which means one needs to wait longer at the platform either to or from tokyo station, plus a long walk (almost 10 min) at tokyo station in order to change for other lines, all takes you more time. but still we think it is a hotel value for money. like the caption said, the room though indeed is really small ( samller than the other bussiness hotel rooms i stayed in japan), it is clean, the mattress is just ok and all the standard amenities are available. for around 9000yen for two, plus a breakfast buffet and free use of the public bath,i guess all would take the deal happily. dont forget that we only return to hotel very late and jsut use it for a good sleep. and given the high cost of living in tokyo, the breakfast is pretty a bargain and it at least is worth 1000yen. so when booking for a room, do ask for a pacakge that includes breakfast buffet. in fact, the lobby looks nice and cosy and makes you feel alright once stepped into the hotel.

Date of stay: May 2012
Reviewed May 18, 2012

WE used agoda.com to book with no problems. We choose this hotel because we would be visiting Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea. This was the perfect hotel to see the parks, it's 3 stops away on the train. The room was small but fine for 2 adults spending most of their day at Disney parks.

There is a grocery store near the train where we got food. The hotel was a bit expensive for us Americans. They offer all the amenities you might need, microwave, toiletries, and a quiet room with blackout curtains.

Room tip: Floors 2 and 6 have a microwave, floor 2 has the onsen.
Date of stay: May 2012