“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels / Ryokan in Koto
singapore
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My husband is on a business trip and we stayed here. We booked it at booking.com at an affordable price. Check-in/out is very smooth. They do speak english. This is a good place to stay and very affordable. There are 3 train stations nearby and very accessible to city. This is also near to Daiba, just one ride via train. The room is very small, but who needs a big room if you plan to go site seeing all day! They clean the room everyday. There's an internet but you have to pay for it. The internet is fast. The bathroom is complete with amenities: hair dryer, toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, cotton buds, soap, shampoo, conditioner, disposable shaver. There's a lawson store at the 2nd floor. You can buy noodles, packed lunch, breads, drinks, sushi, maki at an affordable price plus it's delicious!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank LizandSoForth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
New Jersey
Reviewed June 23, 2012

In one of those rare moments of WFTness, we were suddenly going to Tokyo, like, tomorrow! While running through the house with laundry baskets, the wife found this hotel and booked it.

What a gem!!

Our room was not spacious, but it did have a foot massager! lol After a day of plodding around Comiket, it was a welcome addition! The two beds were fine, the room was clean, well appointed and while yes, I DID have to draw Fuji on the window to improve the view, you simply can NOT beat the location for Big Site.

There is a convenience store in the hotel (if I remember correctly, it was a Lawson) which was wonderful for the late night jetlag munchies.

The lobby was not pretty, and there was no one to carry our luggage to our rooms (something I apparently have come to expect in Tokyo!) The other major draw back, when Comiket was over and we still had a week to shopping to do, is that you're out in Odaiba, i.e. about 40+ minutes from Tokyo. If we could have moved to our usual haunt, the Metropolitan in Ikebukuro, I would have gone in a heat beat. As it was, we got used to the several trains needed to get us anywhere we wanted to shop.

All in all, I would totally stay here again for an event at Big Site. It's amazing to roll out of bed and not have an hour train ride to get there.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Fremont, California
Reviewed June 15, 2012

So far this is the best Tokyo hotel I've stayed at. It's in an extremely clean and quiet business area with malls, restaurants of all kinds, amusement and a 5-10 minute walk to two subway lines. I was in a Standard Room on the 8th floor with a nice view. This is a major business area, so there are a lot of business workers Monday-Friday during office hours, but after hours it is very quiet and not a lot of people. There is a Lawson's convenience store in the hotel, very convenient for easy to get food, water and snacks (etc.). There is a lot to see and do close to the hotel (maybe not the most exciting things for many) but it's also a short subway/metro ride to downtown Tokyo -- maybe 20-40 minutes depending on what line you take. There are several restaurants, but I mostly ate at the buffet one, big buffet for a good price with excellent food. The staff spoke good enough English and were very polite. My floor was quiet and room always cleaned perfectly. They also have a bus to take you to Narita, for a fee. One side note: I had to put in July 2011 as my travel date (forgot till now to put in a review), but actually I was there during the 2011 earthquake/tsunami - in my room - and the surrounding area was not affected at all. Everything looked and stood as if nothing happened, clearly this entire area is newly built (a friend told me everything was built within the past 10-15 years) so it is all up to earthquake code and very safe. I didn't know the extent of the quake until we were allowed to return to my room and turn on the TV. If/when I return to Tokyo this is without question where I will stay. I truly enjoyed my time here. Thank you.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Great staff, clean rooms, and an excellent location. Anytime I had a question the answe was YES. A gentleman by the name of Yuya made me feel at home even when I was traveling abroad. A true home away from home in Japan!

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank Traveld25
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 12, 2012

This hotel is sample of best value for money. First , it is New and has the best business location to the Tokyo event center.
More it is very clean, 24 hour local store with market price goods, rooms with breakfast, lunch, dinner restaurant, tea maker set, refrigerator, LCD screen, food massage , add on is free dress and shoes for bath room!!
Luckily,It is the first station of the airport bus and second to last when going back.Free internet on reception and money change facility with coin machine in each floor and 6 elevator ensure no wait time
Next to Hotel are also 2 Mac Donald's, opposite side is big supermarket center for lowest price in city. On both sides is stations Rail and metro.
If your looking for tourist program near by Toyota show room, science museum, shopping center , the rail train ,sea park and Odaiba .
Other wise there is organized city tour programs,Hint use public bus to return hotel in 30 min. for 200 yen.Book breakfast 1 day in advance save 240 yen.
If you are with family, then you have Disney as end of your kids dreams.
I travel a lot and this hotel endure me to write about it
There is no English channels except CNN, no wireless (not required if you have USB hub recommend).of course indoor activity is not here no swim or Jim
It can not be better , stop search and book it now

Room Tip: Room 603 open to Main street and bay view Buy Breakfast In advance and save 240 yen book bus to ai...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank traveller5555_12
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I got a standard room and it was small but that's expected in Japan and I was only there for one night. The hotel room was very clean and had a foot massager in the room! The restaurant was good and the hotel itself was very clean and modern. They even had a convenience store on the second floor. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank iheartrum
Perth, Western Australia
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Arrived for the Tokyo Motor Show last night and checked into Hotel Sunroute Ariake. Having booked online, the counter staff recognised from the size of our frames that the "double" wasn't quite the double we were expecting and tactfully suggested an upgrade. On their busiest night of the year, they gave us a twin for an extra 500 Yen/night, about $25 Aussie dollars in total across our four night stay! Well done.

The rooms are very small, but there's enough space for what we need and anyway, isn't Tokyo renowned for what they can cram into a small space? With what room there is, they get an awful lot in, and for an economy hotel, this place is great value.

Other than the space restriction, which Trip Advisor forewarned us about, I don't have a bad word to say about this hotel. In fact, I'm not even complaining about that, since the small rooms are the reason we can afford to stay 500m from the motor show venue!

The beds are quite hard, but that's most likely my western sensibilities showing through. I'm sure they're entirely appropriate for a Japanese hotel.

Before check-in, I had concerns about the Trip Advisor reference to its Japanese business traveller focus. This really is their key market. At least 75% of their rooms are singles according to the hotel information on the tv menu. What that actually translates as, however, is the features you need in the room, nothing you don't, with a few cool gadgets thrown in (water-spray loo, foot massager, ioniser) and with classy decor in the public areas of the hotel, equivalent to a four or five star hotel.

This is a top notch hotel, and when you take into account the economy prices, it's superb value.

Hotel Sunroute Ariake ROCKS!

Room Tip: We shuffled the twin beds around to create a bit more space in the room... don't tell managemen...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ramcub
Also consider these accommodations in or near Koto
Hotel East 21 Tokyo
Hilton Tokyo Odaiba
Hilton Tokyo Odaiba
#13 of 109 in Minato
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,965 reviews

Been to Hotel Sunroute Ariake? Share your experiences!