Tokyo Kiba Hotel
Hotel Mystays Kameido(Koto)(Great Value!)
$39
  • Restaurant
$80
$63
  • Breakfast included
Flexstay Inn Kiyosumishirakawa(Koto)(Great Value!)
$47
Agoda.com
Ryokan
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewscapsule experiencecapsule hotelunique experienceyour luggagehot tubmetro stationlarge bathroomshower roomcharge your phoneslept really wellmain bathroomturn rightwifi only worksthe main areashuge shoppingbig luggagelarge supermarket
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 15, 2014

This capsule hotel is possibly the only one that has a semi or a double capsule that can sleep two. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from Kiba Station.

On entering, you have to place your luggage and belongings on the 1st level and only bring up the things you require to your capsule. The second level is for bathing and there is only Japanese style bathing here, meaning bathing with other people in the nude. There is a nice hot tube here that you can soak in as well.

The capsule has the basic features such as a built in TV, alarm clock and a radio system. There is a bind near the entrance of each capsule that can be drawn for privacy. However, the one bad thing about being in a capsule is that it gets pretty stuffy in there if you draw down the binds. You will also be able to hear the noise your neighboring capsules make.

Overall, a cool and interesting place to stay for a night to have the capsule experience. I paid 4,500 yen for a semi-double capsule and I think it’s pretty well worth the money.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Malcolm_See
Reviewed June 1, 2014

It was my boyfriend and I's first experience of a capsule hotel and we really enjoyed it! We stayed 3 nights in total and found the capsules surprisingly comfortable. The beds were a little hard but we've had worse in hotels! We stayed on a floor with 'double' capsules, but of course it was just big enough for 2 people to lay down close to each other. The staff in the hotel were really friendly. Was a great first experience as our first few nights in Japan. All The toilets are clean and you get fresh towels, slippers, toothbrush and matching PJ's every day! The communal shower area had a washing machine, 4 sinks each with a hair dryer and lots of bottle of shampoo, shower gel, etc to use. The showers in the ladies could be improved a little by being put on the wall and there are no private areas, as you wash in the same smaller room as the hot tub. But they are minor comments. We looked forward to a proper bed after, but it's a great way to try capsules for the first time. The area is nice too with shopping/restaurants close by and it's really close to the metro.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2014

If you are overly tall, overly claustrophobic, or overly concerned with comfort, you may stop reading now and continue your search elsewhere. If I haven't lost you, then a night at Tokyo Kiba Hotel may be just what you want. On a recent trip to Tokyo, my wife and I stayed here for only two reasons. One, we wanted the capsule hotel experience you see on TV. Two, Tokyo Kiba was one of the only capsule hotels we could find with double-wide berths. We were not disappointed on either point. In fact, if all you're looking for is a night's sleep before moving on to other parts of the country - or in our case, back to the airport - it's a pretty decent deal. For a reasonable price, you get your own capsule complete with tiny TV, shelf, privacy curtain (no doors), and loaner pajamas! Plus, you get access to lockers (capsules aren't big enough to accommodate much luggage), shared shower facilities, and a location barely a block from the nearest metro stop (Kiba Station). Next to some downscale hostels in the world, it could be heaven. Of course, there are downsides, and depending on your temperament, they could be huge. One is the tight squeeze factor. Remember, these are capsules, essentially tiny tubes big enough for a human body or two. They're meant for overnight storage (drunk businessmen, unpicky backpackers, an afternoon siesta), and not for an abundance of comfort. Even though they have air vents, we found the capsule to be stifling from a heat perspective. The odor from the socks you've been wearing all day can collect far more quickly in a capsule, too. Noise is also an issue. Due to the aforementioned lack of door, what you say and do (and what others may do) is easily heard by those on all sides of you - capsules are stacked two high by several wide. Sleep can be challenging without ear plugs. People come and go at all hours, often climbing down from above you, so be forewarned. However, the front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating, bathrooms were kept in good shape, and while the neighborhood is a little bare for entertainment or food, it's generally safe and well-kept. The hotel sits directly below a freeway overpass, but we never heard the noise. While I wouldn't widely recommend Tokyo Kiba Hotel, I wouldn't discourage it either. It's a truly Japanese experience - like eating blowfish or looking for geishas - and really that's what travel is all about, isn't it?

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Things4Bean
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I had left my jacket in a luggage locker in Nikko station. Yoshida from the hotel reception spent ages trying to get hold of someone at Nikko station and managed to organise for the station staff to post my coat back to Tokyo, which I picked up from Hotel Kiba when I was back in Tokyo the next week. He went out of his way to help me and I'm extremely glad to have my jacket back!

The hotel is perfect for 1 night if you are passing through Tokyo and looking for a cheap option. There are lots of people coming and going so it was a little noisy so I'd advise ear plugs.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We choose this hotel because we want to experience capsule hotel, but don't like the idea of me & my husband must use separate capsule in different floor. Common capsule hotel will separate the floor of man & woman capsule. We are really happy to find that Tokyo Kiba has capsule for 2 person. So this is recommended for couple traveler, but only for 1 night experience. Not recommended for long stay.

Comfortable & enough space in the capsule, the two of you can sit in there. But since there's no door, only bamboo curtain, you will hear people walking at night & people's alarm in the morning.
Pay attention that they has different floor for male & female toilet. Also only 2 bathroom, small & large that change everyday between male & female. The large one means you have to be naked together with other guests. The small one means you have to queue very long.

Room Tip: Bottom capsule & far away from the toilet
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple