“Very neat, clean and close to multiple stations”

Tokyo Hotel Horidome Villa
Ranked #17 of 91 Hotels / Ryokan in Chuo
“Very neat, clean and close to multiple stations”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

The hotel is located very close to 2 subway stations and a short walk to a JR station. The staff were very helpful and were able to find me an english speaking doctor just down the road which I thought was going to be a nightmare to find overseas but they made it so easy. The rooms are tiny and the bed was pretty firm but this seems to be the normal in Japan. The room was very clean and there are laundry facilities which was a huge bonus as we'd been travelling for a while. There are plenty of restaurants on the street towards Ningyocho station.

2 Thank kylieanne87

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 30, 2014

This is a nice hotel with affordable rooms. Very friendly staff. Clean. Walking distance from Akihabara. I would highly recommend it.

In front of the hotel is an underground train station that connects directly to Narita airport. This is very convenient!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Rudy R
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 25, 2014

The hotel is located 5 minutes away from Kodenmacho and Ningyocho station where it is quite convenient to travel to other areas of Tokyo such as Ginza and Tsukiji markets. It is also located close to really good restaurants. However, this is probably the only good thing about the hotel. The rooms were the smallest rooms we stayed in during our trip to Japan. We had to move their furniture around just two fit our two suitcases. The bed was probably the hardest one we slept in as well.. It didn't even spring up when we sat down on it. Luckily we only spent two nights here and no longer because we started to feel quite claustrophobic! Nevertheless, if you're looking for a budget hotel conveniently located, then this is the place to stay!

2 Thank Julie D
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Stayed here for 7 nights in January. Rooms are very small, but clean and well equipped. Location was great, we really liked the surrounding area, quiet but full of great cafes and bars. Hotel staff spoke sufficient english and were polite. My only complaint would be that the walls are quite thin, meaning you can hear conversation from the corridor or the next room along a little too easily.
Would definitely return.

1 Thank Sam P
Perth Amboy, New Jersey
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I was in Tokyo for a very short trip but partly due to the location of Horidome Villa, I packed in many sights and experiences!

I had trouble initially finding the location (due to minimal street signs and my innate lack of sense of direction) but indeed, it was 5 minutes from Kodemmacho station (gray line). Check in was quick and friendly. They were able to charge the Mastercard I used to reserve the room on booking.com and also honored my request for a no-smoking room by putting me on the 9th floor, the non-smoking floor. There were 2 efficient elevators. My room was next to the elevators and while I was able to hear noise as people passed by, it was not too disruptive. The room was equipped with TV and fridge, which I did not use. However, there is a heater that I did turn on at night when it got chilly. The bathroom was right quarters but everything functional. Wish there was space for a small wastepaper basket in there.

As for the room, it was fine. Very clean, near, and compact. Wireless signal was strong. I had a double bed just so I could stretch out if I wanted to; I am 5 feet tall so space-wise it was not too cramped for me (my room in Hong Kong was even smaller!). Asian countries do prefer firmer mattress, so that was fine. I slept well. The only thing I wish the room had was a deadbolt lock from the inside. Although Tokyo has a reputation as being very safe, I would have preferred the peace of mind of the deadbolt lock most hotels have.

I was appreciative that in the morning, the staff made sure I had an umbrella. They do request that you return the room key when you leave the hotel, so remember your room number!

The neighborhood where the hotel was located was nice and quiet. I left the room early mornings to go to Tuskiji for breakfast, which is on the same subway line. I did my sightseeing all day and did not return until 9pm or so in the evenings. The Family Mart next door was convenient to buy snacks.

I know for sure I want to return to Tokyo, next time with my husband. I would not hesitate to book here if the price remains the same!

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank everfair
Jesi
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Hotel is new and well mainteined. Rooms are very clean but very very small (you have not enough space to open your luggage), The staff is helpful and kind. The position is good,3 minutes walking from metro stations.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The hotel is in a great location and is clean and the staff friendly and helpful. Rooms small but I managed to sleep in the bed just fine and get under the shower - I am 6 feet 2. This is not a luxury hotel but for the price it is excellent.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jes K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chuo
Ueno, Asakusa
Ueno, Asakusa
Agora Place Asakusa
Agora Place Asakusa
#23 of 120 in Taito

Been to Tokyo Hotel Horidome Villa? Share your experiences!