2,206 results
All reviewsmount fujiconcierge teampizza barbottega venetapark hyattluxury hotelgrand roompillow menufloor to ceiling windowsfour seasonsamazing hotelmitsukoshimae stationmitsukoshi department storechinese restaurantsushirestaurant reservationsbreakfast buffet
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have been to many hotels around the world including some Mandarin Oriental and even tough I was disappointed with them in Hong Kong and London, in Tokyo I was astonished, the hotel is beautiful with beautiful views, the restaurants and room service are great (A special award should be given for breakfast and especially to the breakfast manager), and everybody in the hotel is so nice and helpful that it is nearly incredible. I cannot wait to come back !

Room Tip: The Corner Rooms have the best views.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jclinder
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Second stay for me there after a short trip a few years back.
Stayed 5 nights on a business trip where I brought my wife and 8 months daughter.
Initially was offered a room with 2 twin beds, called the hotel the day of our arrival and managed to get a room with a king size bed, and a crib for our child.
Took us 25 minutes from Haneda airport to get there, staff took care of us the second we came out of the taxi and by the time we checked in our luggages were already in the room waiting for us.
Can't get any better than this. luxury hotel combined with Japanese quality of service (used to live in Japan for a few years but still amazed me).
Great room with a great attention to details, view on Marunouchi (financial district), the imperial palace garden, and more important we were facing the Mount Fuji.

Everything to make sure that my daughter was well taking care of, from the crib, the baby bathtub, the baby lotions and a small toy.

Food and room service was great, had dinner in our room couple of times and never disappointed. Try the bento box, will give you a good Japanese experience, and good deal even for USD50 per bento.
Restaurants at the hotel includes a French restaurant which I never tried, supposedly very good and expensive.
Otherwise, a more casual place where they serve breakfast buffet, great food, views, service,... And not overcrowded, even on a week end. We also had lunch in the restaurant near the front desk with couch, good food but limited choices, better place for a cocktail or to have tea. i tried the molecular restaurant before, tasty and fun, but probably not cheap, and I tried the Chinese restaurant which was nice. The bar on the 37th floor is nice too.

On one night, we left the baby in our room with our former helper for a dinner out, we wanted sushi on a Sunday night (which is usually difficult to find), went to the concierge who suggested SeaMon right across from the hotel (Coredo building). Great pick, small sushi place that can seat 10 people at most. We had the omakase ( chef's picks menu, JPY15,000 per person), a bit pricey (if you add Sake) but great experience. Our chef spoke a bit of English which helped. I would recommend it.

Ideal location if you come for business and/or you work in the financial industry.

Overall a great experience, but not a surprise for me, this is Mandarin Oriental in Tokyo, so this is as good as it gets. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

The MO was without a doubt one of my best hotel experiences. From checking in, making reservations for restaurants and ease of using Tokyo's metro service this hotel was so good I can't even verbalise how good. Breakfast is delicious and tasty, the size and comfort of rooms is unparalleled (and I stay in five star hotels a lot). The staff are courteous, polite and go out of their way to help. A special mention needs to go to one of the downstairs bellboy staff (I think his name was yoshi) who was so helpful (directions, help in wrapping a screen i wanted to bring back), his English was amazing and his friendliness made the stay extra special because he had a knack for remembering who you are and asking how your day went (but like he actually cared!).
The views are spectacular and after visiting the New York bar in the park Hyatt I would say the bar in the MO is far more fun, classy and drinks of a higher quality (sampled quite a few cocktails.... All incredible!).
The hotel room has fantastic views, is spacious, functional and has some gadgetry but not enough to overwhelm. Thoughtful chocs and complimentary water daily. Beds are super comfortable.... Wet room and deep bath as well as fancy toilet.
I never made it to the spa (for shame but this means I can come back)... Be warned that you can only go at certain times if you are not having a treatment and still have to pay for the privilege! Other than that I would recommend this hotel for a different piece of luxury. Yes it's not in the busiest part of Tokyo but its a hop, skip and a jump away from those areas. For what you are getting at the MO I think that it's worth going for to make your experience of Tokyo the best it can be! I plan to go back very soon! I loved it

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We were greeted at street level by management and felt privileged. The hotel lobby sits at the top of the building on the 38 floor. It provides stunning views of Tokyo. The concierge was outstandingly helpful. Our room was beautifully appointed and comfortable. The bar area was separated into groupings so it felt private. The breakfast was a feast.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank StephHorn
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I visited the Mandarin Oriental Hotel Tokyo frequently. The staff were not so excellent in their service then. But since this year it got better.

The Concierge Ms Tajima attended to me well, though I was merely browsing the lobby trying to get an appointment at one of their restaurants. She went out of her way to try and get me a seat at the Lounge, but unfortunately not suitable to my time. In the past, the Concierge (also experienced Concierge) would simply swept my request under the carpet on such occassions. Once I asked her for direction on subway, she simply wrote on the map without even looking at my face and continue chatting with her fellow younger Concierge.

The Bell Desk staff despite their busy schedule found time to say hello and chat a little with me over their continuous 6-star awards I was interested in. And I wasn't even dressed up to the 'Mandarin-guest' like on that day....In the past, they were only too busy watching their stay guests and wouldn't even bother to attend to non-stay guests.

That's the difference between the Mandarin Oriental today and the past. Despite their steep price, I am happy to visit and to dine at their restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo