2,205 results
All reviewsmount fujiconcierge teampizza barbottega venetapark hyattgrand roomluxury hotelpillow menufloor to ceiling windowsfour seasonsamazing hotelmitsukoshimae stationmitsukoshi department storechinese restaurantsushirestaurant reservationsbreakfast buffet
Reviewed October 19, 2013

What an exceptional hotel.
Convenient location, easy walk to Ginza and right above a subway station to get you further.
Staff were perfectly helpful, without being intrusive.
Only ate for morning breakfast, which was a nice, if not small buffet, but it had enough for us.
I would have given 5 stars, but having to pay for wi-fi in a hotel of this standard loses that rating.

Room Tip: Some rooms have. Mt Fuji view! but with the mist it can only be seen briefly early morning and again in the evening if a good sun set.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lee_the_traveller
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Amazing. Every single staff person I encountered was gracious and helpful. I've decided when I win the lottery I will just move in here permanently. I am a spa junkie and I can say the shower in the rooms are top notch! I would not hesitate to stay here again, and again, and again. I would definitely 1000% recommend this hotel to all my friends & family.

It truly is like heaven here :)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank bebe624
Reviewed October 12, 2013

For 40 years the Mandarin Hotels have been my first choice. Since its' opening the Tokyo property has been a stand out voted the best hotel in world by the Financial Times recently. During my last stay I was once again Mandarined. When used as verb it means the hotel out did itself in accommodation and service. There was not a request I made that was not fulfilled promptly and correctly From the airport pick-up to the greeting to the room to the food to the drop off at the airport everything was excellent I complement Mr Costa and his fine staff

Room Tip: Book by Square footage All rooms are quite large
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My husband and I recently travel to Tokyo and Kyoto, Japan as well as Seoul, South Korea. During the Tokyo leg of our tour we made the Mandarin our home base and I am certainly glad we did! To begin with, we were exhausted from our 13 hour direct flight from Houston so to arrive at such a wonderful place certainly helped ease our exhaustion. The rooms are wonderful, the staff is amazing, the breakfast was perfect. Honestly, we did spend almost every day out and about, but it was so wonderful to come back to. The concierge was incredibly helpful with dinner suggestions, travel directions to Kyoto and anything else we could have needed. The service at breakfast every morning was impeccable.

My husband and I have stayed in our fair share of nice places around the world, but I believe the Mandarin provided the most seamless and perfect service I have ever experienced. The old saying, "you get what you pay for" certainly rings true. While it isn't cheap, I do believe it was worth every penny for the comfort, quiet and service that it provided.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We did a three day stay here in September and still remember it fondly.

The good

-Excellent breakfast buffet that puts most others to shame. It was inventive, delicious and a beautiful sight to dine at in the morning. My wife wished there were more Japanese breakfast items though. I was satisfied with the well-made dim sums.

- attentive porters and bell hops. Kind and friendly and always around.

-.pillow bedtime menu. Choose your preferences for a good nights sleep

- free jazz event on Saturday nights with more.creative food in Asian tapas

The Bad
- take a cab from Tokyo station. It's farther when you have bags in hand but not a bad walk from the Nihonbashi Yaesu exit.

- housekeeping does great work but they should have left when my wife and I were getting ready for a function. It's only common sense that you vacate when the guests come back in.

- Spa is small and an extra charge.

We liked the MO but there's others in Tokyo to check out on our next stay.

• Stayed: September 2013