$193
$271
$151
  • Pool
APA Hotel Higashi Nihombashi Ekimae(Chuo)(Great Value!)
$51
$46
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $63/night.

$94
$262
$167
Rakuten Travel
$130
$117
$131
2,183 results
All reviewsmount fujiconcierge teampizza barbottega venetapark hyattgrand roomluxury hotelpillow menufloor to ceiling windowsfour seasonsamazing hotelmitsukoshimae stationmitsukoshi department storechinese restaurantsushirestaurant reservationsbreakfast buffet
995 - 1,000 of 2,183 reviews
Reviewed November 14, 2012

MO.Tokyo provided me a very comfortable stay, helpful staffs and spotless services. I've got four nights in this trip.

--A few Cons--
It's all about typical Japanese limitation,

((Room)) In this price, feels that I've got smaller room than any other Mandarin Orientals. But I realised that it's almost same size with MO.HongKong or Landmark MO. HongKong. That's not a problem.

((Lobby area)) In weekdays, it's seems to be luxury as usual. In weekends, I've met a lots of Japanese families at the lobby.

--Lots of Pros--

((Location)) Ideal location for business, not too far from shopping (my wife got few things from Tiffany & Co. at Mitsukoshi, two minutes away walk from the hotel) and very easy access to Tokyo Metro just below the hotel.

((Facilities & Amenities)) Excellence as expected from MOs.

((Foods and Drinks)) Very good quality of foods and drink list, I was enjoyed the breakfasts and late night drinks at the bar with my Japanese partners.

((Staffs)) Finest people in the service industry, they may have trained like a Jedi. Mr.Niccolo at the K'shiki restaurant was excel in his job. Great service mind and caring in every details for everyone on the table. Mr.Takashi at the guest relations was also helpful in everyday. He made me feel secure and providing me lots of informations about Tokyo. I've got a big smile every time I've met him at the lobby. All-day long enthusiasm to serve. And Mr.Sato at the lobby was also kind. Politely asking for our feeling in everyday we've met. It's not just 'how are you' but, he'll make sure that you're really fine.

It's all I need from staying at home away from home.

Room Tip: Mount Fuji view at the east side was wonderful in the morning.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Shakrit
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed for three nights at the Mandarin Oriental at the start of my trip and was knocked out by the panoramic views of the busy city below; only the view from the Tokyo SkyTree would be better. The hotel lives up to its reputation, the staff is impeccable and the rooms luxurious, although the style is a little nondescript asian international rather than japanese. The main irritation is the dual lift system needed to reach the guest rooms and the convuluted access to the metro system.

The local area offers all the usual department stores and the imperial palace is fairly near.

Room Tip: When staying three nights, look for suite deals which may be comparable with the higher end rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank BonsaiGirl
Reviewed November 5, 2012

wonderfull hotel, nice service , beautifull ameneties and welcome gift everyday, from fruits to choclates and goods ,
very attentive and hospitable , recpectable staff . a luxury hotel indeed

cons : small rooms , complicated access and exit of the hotel premises and rooms (not something that can be fixed), no japanese standard of hospitality , kind of international standard , " meaning they wont go out of their way to serve you " but none the less they are very good.
my ac in the room was not as cold as i wanted , i felt sweaty at night it didnt get fixed

price vs quality - a bit over priced
location is decently good , not the best though ...

id go back there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Wonderful hotel, fantastic service and ambience. We called for a bucket of ice and (I kid you not) within 2 minutes the ice was in our room. Breakfast was great and the views even nicer. At the time we actually thought that the hotel was good - but not great - however having spent a few nights at other first class hotels after this stay - we realised how great the Mandarin actually is.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed here in a rare moment of extravagance with a partner, and was impressed from the moment we walked in the door. The staff are just falling over themselves to help you, and the rooms are well-appointed and spotless. Sitting in one of the 38th floor restaurants on the first night watching the shinkansen trains come and go was a great welcome to Tokyo.

There is only one thing I would 'criticise', for want of a nicer word: the staff appeared to make a big deal of us being a same-sex couple when we first arrived, though not being too familiar with Japanese customs I don't know whether "Is it one room or two?" translated as "We just need to confirm your booking" or "Two men? Are you serious?". But that was it. It's also primarily a business hotel so I guess 95% of men arriving in pairs are just colleagues!

But I can't seriously fault the place - modern luxurious rooms, central location, incredibly helpful staff, great views day and night. You won't regret it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple