From the understated but elegant lobby to the incredible view from the reception area, the beautifully appointed rooms and exceptional service this is a classy hotel by any standard.
We stayed at the Mandarin Oriental for four night in August 2012 and found it to be an excellent experience. Everything about the hotel oozes class and sophistication, even though we are quite un-sophisticated, the staff were warm, attentive, welcoming and were always thinking a step ahead. The service from the lobby to the maid service was always exceptional and came across in a genuinely friendly manner.
We stayed with a 1yo and the staff tripped over each other to make sure she was comfortable and attended to, including rushing a high chair and kiddies cutlery and dinnerware to our table when we ate.
The breakfast buffet was abundant and of very high quality, from the juice to the pastries to the eggs prepared to order.
There are two small gripes/irritations I had whilst staying here.
1. the restaurants are very good but expensive, the food is not too badly priced but the drinks are bit too much... mineral water $12 aud per bottle.
2. the hotel is located in a predominantly business area, so bad luck if you're a foodie or like shopping, you'll need to catch a taxi.
Overall I'd recommend it to anyone who can afford it, and... even if you can't, it's a great experience and worth flexing the fantastic plastic for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo's visionary design and award-winning service has been recognised as the epitome of sophisticated luxury in the city. Superbly located in the prestigious financial district within the historical and cultural centre of Tokyo, the first Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group property in Japan embodies the best of contemporary and time-honoured architectural splendour. The hotel features 178 luxuriously appointed guest rooms and suites, ten restaurants and bars and an award-winning spa situated within the soaring, Cesar Pelli-designed Nihonbashi Mitsui Tower. The site offers spectacular views of the city skyline while providing access to stately banquet and conference facilities within the adjacent Mitsui Main Building, a Japanese cultural-heritage property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Rakuten, Orbitz, JAPANiCAN, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo Hotel Chuo
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Tokyo
- Mandarin Oriental Chuo
- Mandarin Tokyo
- Chuo Mandarin Oriental
- Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo Japan