“Convenient location, good rooms, mostly friendly service”

Mercure Tokyo Ginza
Ranked #12 of 92 Hotels / Ryokan in Chuo
Melbourne, Australia
“Convenient location, good rooms, mostly friendly service”
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed the stay here. Superior twin was decent size but no view due to narrow streets in Ginza.suggest asking for higher floor and non smoking floor if street noise (minimal anyhow) or smoke bother you. Nice breakfast spread but if they offer you per booking breakfast note it's only cheaper at check in time else full price applies. Was pleased that Mercure Ginza was just 10mins walk from Tokyo JR station and the Ginza Sukibiyashi Airport Express bus stop plus very close to Chuo Dori and the wealth of upmarket shopping there.After initially having difficulty locating this hotel, I thought I should mention its above Ginza Itchome metro station exit 11, just one block from McDonalds and Starbucks.Nearby Tofuro restaurant was a good find too.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WorldTraveller5000
MercureTokyoGinza, General Manager at Mercure Tokyo Ginza, responded to this review, July 2, 2014

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for giving such a detailed description about the location of the hotel and the way to reach it. It is true that the hotel is located on Ginza Ichome metro station. You can take the lift from the hotel to reach the metro station. It is very convenient for guest visiting Disney Land Tokyo.

As for Breakfast, we do have regular promotions on the hotel web whereby we grant good rates according to the seasonality of the hotel. I am glad you benefited from our promotional rates.

Hoping to welcome you again, please accept my best regards.

gm@mercureginza.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Stayed 2 nights with family n kids there and we were really impressed by their staff's great services. Really try their very best to assist you in any queries with patience and a smile always.
I've stayed in many hotels around the world and I can say even some staff in some 5star hotels do not provide that kind of genuine friendly services with a smile.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank casa3113
MercureTokyoGinza, General Manager at Mercure Tokyo Ginza, responded to this review, June 29, 2014

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am glad you had a fantastic stay with us and enjoyed the service and the team's Smile. It is our target to reach a reasonable service quality responding to the over 80 nationalities visiting our property. I am happy to see that we succeeded to make of you a satisfied Guest.

We hope to welcome you again and serve you even better. Please let us know when you wish to visit us again, I will be delighted to welcome you personally and make sure you enjoy the stay better than the previous one.

Please accept my best regards.

Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Tokyo visitors have a number of locations to choose from. Fortunately, most areas have easy access to the excellent (albeit potentially confusing) subway system. Thus, don't be deterred by a Ginza hotel unless you're looking for local night life - Shibuya or Shinjuku offer much more at night. The Ginza is a high end shopping area that some might find slightly sterile. However, walks along the side streets will lead you to some excellent and affordable restaurants.

I was very pleased with the hotel - it was clean, quiet, and the staff excellent. I was even more impressed by the price given that Tokyo is among the most expensive cities and I paid less than I would for a mid-tier hotel in most major US cities.

The hotel has a small reception area along with a breakfast area (too pricey for me at around $17 US) and a french restaurant that I assume is a homage to the hotel chain's roots.

The rooms are small but not uncomfortably so. The bathroom was more than adequate. I especially enjoyed the shower which had incredible water pressure and a toilet fitted with a "shower," bidet and heated seat. For most of your electronics, you won't need a converter (Western plugs and a 100w current works for most laptops, phone chargers, etc.)

I believe no room has a king size bed but check first - I could be wrong.

The Mercure Ginza is located near the Yurakucho subway line; however, you more likely walk five minutes to access either the Hibaya or Ginza lines which provide easier access to popular districts and attractions. There are several convenience stores (think 7/11), fast food restaurants (including the very close and highly popular McDonald's plus good beef bowel, sushi, and tempura restaurants) and chain coffee shops near the hotel. The reception staff will provide maps and directions.

If you're coming from the Narita airport, I found the easiest way of getting to the hotel is to take the express train (you'll find the counter to buy tickets just outside of customs) to Tokyo station and from there, grab a taxi for the short ride to the hotel. Since many taxi drivers do not read or speak English, you may want to bring the hotel name and address in Japanese.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank gxmGxm
MercureTokyoGinza, General Manager at Mercure Tokyo Ginza, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for taking some of your time to write on us such a long message on TripAdvisor…. It describes perfectly the area and gives good advises to the clientele on the environment of Mercure Tokyo Ginza.

I read it carefully and appreciated the chronology of the sequences and the veracity of your statements.

The hotel’s location is a good advantage for the visitors as they have all they need close and they can move in the city with ease as we do have two Metro lines in the proximity.

As for the breakfast, it is one of the cheapest compared to the other hotels of the same standards and as you know already…goods are very expensive in Japan. I hope you enjoyed it despite the price.

I will share your comments with my team to make them understand what our guests think of us and of our service… I can understand from your message that the team has been good serving you. They will be proud!

Please let me know when you are back to Tokyo, I will be delighted to share a drink with you and make sure you will be, once again, at your ease with us.

Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is good but the room was to small, so if you expect the regular size, review that first and expect to pay much more because japan is very expensive.
The hotel is very near (7 minutes by taxi) from the Tokyo City Air Terminal (known as T-CAT), an excelent way get from the aiport to the city by bus. The hotel is also close (5 minutes by taxi) to Tokyo Station in case you want to take the train from the airport.
The staff is very friendly.

• Stayed May 2014
, General Manager at Mercure Tokyo Ginza, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear valuable Guest,

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to see that despite the room size," mind you...our rooms are bigger than many of our competitors'", you enjoyed the stay with us.
Thank you to advise the readers that the hotel is close to TCAT and many other important locations.

Please let us know when you would like to visit Tokyo again, we will be delighted to welcome you and make you feel at your ease at Mercure Tokyo Ginza.

My best regards,

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Like many things in Tokyo this hotel is compact. It was however clean, comfortable and close to public transport. Staff were helpful and overall the stay was excellent. The area is clean and safe and thankfully clear of Pachinko parlours. The Ginza shopping strip is only a few blocks away

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WWQPM
, General Manager at Mercure Tokyo Ginza, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear valuable Guest,

Thank you for your consice, clear and positive comments on us on TripAdvisor.

I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the quality of our product and service.

We would be more than happy to welcome you again and make of your next stay a better one. Please let us know when you want to come back, we will be delighted to welcome you and make you feel at your ease again at Mercure Tokyo Ginza.

Sydney
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Overall we had an average stay at Mercure Tokyo Ginza.

Location was great, breakfast was good and service was good except on arrival. We arrived late at night and did not find the gentleman that checked us in to be very friendly or welcoming. He was not rude but just not pleasant.

I am a Platinum member for Accor Le Club's and also an Advantage Plus member, I provided the membership cards on arrival. I did not get any recognition which I found was very disappointing and no benefits for being their highest level membership. All the receptionist did was photocopy the Accor platinum card which I did not understand.

We just left the Ibis at Seoul, South Korea and they were overwhelmed on our arrival, they provided complimentary welcome drink vouchers, advised breakfast discounts at the restaurant for A plus members, and provided a very early check in and waived the fee as we were Platinum members.

Our main issue was the bad smell in the room. When we entered the room it was just not a good smell it smelt like something died in the room, It was late at night and we wanted to sleep so I did not mention to front desk. We turned on the air conditioner to make the smell go away but it did not disappear. Everyday we had this pungent smell in the room we ended up buying some febreeze to deodorize the room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rleyy
, General Manager at Mercure Tokyo Ginza, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Valuable Guest,

First of all, Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.

I would be grateful if you could contact me as I would like to discuss the issue with you directly and get deeper understanding of the situation in order to react and correct.

Please write on my email here below.

Waiting for you contact, please accept my best regards.

Wilts
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We very much enjoyed staying at the Mecure Ginza. The staff were fantastic and their English was also great so easy to communicate.
The room was small but expected when staying in Tokyo, great location and very close to a subway, McDonald's and Starbucks!!!
They had a wide selection for breakfast including English favourites of toast, tea and cereal! Along with the Japanese rice dishes, and fruit selection.
Would recommend this hotel for convenient access around Tokyo!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank DaniKimmings
, General Manager at Mercure Tokyo Ginza, responded to this review, June 8, 2014

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the location and the neighborhood of the property.
We speak many other languages than English and it is easy for us to communicate with our clientele, especially those who do not speak English.

I am happy to see that breakfast was up to your expectations, as we try to add, change and update items as much as the buffet space allows.

We will be delighted to have you back and make of your next stay a much more enjoyable one.