“Really close to Tsukiji”

Mercure Tokyo Ginza
Ranked #11 of 91 Hotels / Ryokan in Chuo
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Really close to Tsukiji”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

Nothing special but everything is just the way is should be. The staff were really friendly and helped us with our skis (we send those a few days ahead from Hakuba, and they kept it for us). The hotel is really close to Tsukiji (walking distance), so it is a perfect location fro visiting the Fish market in the morning.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank salamala
, General Manager at Mercure Tokyo Ginza, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear valuable Guest,

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to read your comments and see that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Yes, the hotel is close to plenty of places of interest and within walking distances.

Thank you once agian, for your message wishing to welcome you again in the nearest future.

General manager
gm@mercureginza.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Manzanillo, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

our experience was great per all kindness and attentions from Mercure Staff, specifically Mr. Javier Piqueres, very nice and attentive for us, since the beginning he shown a real interest in our stay per Tokyo, he made a thousand of recommendations for local attractions and place of interest.

Many Thanks

Room Tip: All rooms are fine
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank RobertoMeillon
, General Manager at Mercure Tokyo Ginza, responded to this review, March 27, 2014

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.

Javier has joined the team lately and has involved the teams in such a dynamic leading them in a service improvement and showing what hospitality should be...A SPIRIT!
We have seen a real change in the teams attitude as they discovered a passionate person such as Javier setting himself as an example to follow.
I wish to reach the targets set this year leading to an optimal guest satisfaction and developing a cozy atmosphere making our valuable clientele feel at its ease at Mercure Tokyo Ginza.

I will be delighted to welcome you again, wishing you all the best. I will share your message with Javier.

Lancefield, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

The Mercure Ginza could be passed and not noticed in the heart of Ginza. This is a hotel that hides and the small lift lobby leads to a fantastic stay. The rooms are small but not cramped but what they lack in size is made up by its amazing staff. The bathrooms are large for Japan and a welcoming large bath awaits. Amenities abound. It boasts a French resturant and is within walking distance to shops and transport. A must see.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.

Your comments have created a real motivation among the teams as they recognized you from the picture left on the site. They, all, were pleased and expressed appreciation towards the way you talked and addressed to them.

On behalf of the team, allow me to express my gratitude for the time you spent in describing your stay.

Let me know when you are back again, I will be delighted to welcome you personally.

Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Although visited Tokyo so many times, I had never until now actually stayed in a hotel in Ginza. This was a solo visit to catch up with friends after skiing in the Japanese Alps. Room was very similar to another Mercure I'd used in Naha last year - adequate and comfortable. The reception staff were extremely pleasant and helpful, particularly the friendly amigo, Javier, who seems to have an ever lasting energy supply. Location for my visit was superb - I was meeting friends near Hibiya Park, in Marounouchi, and also in Nihonbashi; all were within walking distance, as was JR Yuracho station and Ginza subway (5 mins) and Tokyo Station itself (12 mins). My only criticism was breakfast and the availability of a buffet only. I much prefer A la Carte. Yes the hotel restaurant is small but this should not force guests into eating a buffet only. Thus I ate outside.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank steveamcb
, General Manager at Mercure Tokyo Ginza, responded to this review, March 18, 2014

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.

First of all, I would like to thank you for such comments on Javier as we just hired him investing on his positive attitude to improve the quality of our services as well as the personalization of our approach towards the clientele. Glad to see that we are moving in that direction.
As for the location of the hotel, as I always say, we are in the heart of the city giving easy access to our customers to the major centers of interest without any difficulties.
As for Breakfast, I understand perfectly your point and would rather implement it as it would be so easy for us to respond to individual requests rather then setting a buffet to such a huge range of nationalities (about 49 nationalities)…Yet, the majority of the hotel’s clients prefer to see a breakfast buffet as in terms of service efficiency, it is much more convenient and accessible.

However, many efforts are being done to improve the quality of the breakfast and manage the space in order to add more items to satisfy most of our market mix if not All.

I will share your message Javier. I am sure this will motivate him even better to care about our clients and involve the team members’ motivation as well.

Please let me know when you head to book again, I will be delighted to welcome you personally.

Sao Paulo, Brazil
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

This Mercure is very nice in terms of location, 1 minute walk from Ginza Station and 15 minutes walk from Tokyo Central Station. There are many restaurants and fancy stores close to it (open late and close early). The apartments are small but comfortable for one person. And there is a floor just for woman!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
, General Manager at Mercure Tokyo Ginza, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear valuable Guest,

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.

I read your comments carefully and I am glad to see that you had a good stay with us. The Ladies rooms are very appreciated in Japan and many of our female guests prefer this kind of rooms. They are served by ladies, cleaned by ladies and no man can access to this part of the floor. Japanese ladies appreciate these rooms and the concept is very popular in Japan.

As for the location of the hotel, it is true that we are in the heart of Ginza, surrounded by restaurants, bars and covenient stores, which makes life easier for our clientele.

Thank you, once again, for leaving such comments on the web wishing to welcome you again in the nearest future.

beijing
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

The location is superb! It has access from the hotel to 1 metro station but 2 other stations are very very close by. It was great location for shopping as we could return to the hotel to drop our bags and continue shopping. :)
The room was good. I hope they had more TV channels. There was a bath in the bathroom, which was excellent. No noise from the street. Overall a great experience!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Mercure Tokyo Ginza, responded to this review, March 9, 2014

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at Mercure Tokyo Ginza and that the location of the property was pperfect for you to enjoy shopping in the city.
It is true that being in the heart of Ginza, makes things easier for our clientele to reach the shopping malls walking or using the metro station Ginza Itchome under the hotel (B1)or using the Ginza station, 3 minutes walking distance to visit the city.

Thank you for highlighting our quality of the room and I am delighted to know that you were at your ease with us.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

The staff were extremely helpful and booked us in for the Robot Restaurant when we emailed them a week earlier then when we arrived we also received a 50% voucher to use. Javier was great and showed us which metro line to catch and more importantly which exits to use as it's quite easy to get lost. On our last day he even ran down the road in the rain to get us a taxi as we were going to walk down to the corner and he didn't want us to get wet (plus we didn't want to pay the booking fee)!
The rooms are a good size for Japan and the twin beds we had were bigger than your normal singles so we liked them. Free Wi-Fi and great location make this a great place to stay in Tokyo.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank purplesp8y

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.

I read carefully your comments and I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the facilities and the location of the hotel.

Javier loves what he does and likes his guests…. He cares about them and they like him. He joined the team lately and I am quite sure that he will try to make of our guests’ stay the most enjoyable.

The teams do all they can to help our valuable clientele and make things easier for them as Tokyo is a big city and it is not that easy to sort out all things without complications.

Thank you, once again, for your comments…I will share them with Javier and the teams wishing to welcome you again at Mercure Tokyo Ginza. Please let me know when you are back again, I will be happy to welcome you personally.