“Good choice for a first-time European in Tokyo”

Mercure Tokyo Ginza
Ranked #12 of 93 Hotels / Ryokan in Chuo
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

The French connection in the heart of the brightly lit Ginza area in Tokyo. Close to the station with connections to Narita airport mans with its own metro station entrance, it's a good base for a first-time European visitor to Japan. Helpful staff with numerous languages and Beaujolais Nouveau on hand.
The reception is not at street level, which is not so welcoming but doesn't affect the performance of the hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Management response:Responded February 2, 2014

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.

You are right, the reception is in the 1st floor as many of the Japanese hotels in Tokyo... I am happy, though, to see that it did not alter your stay with us.

Please let us know when you are back, I will be delighted to make you taste better than the Beaujolais nouveau as it is a young wine and we do not keep it that long.

Thank you for your comments wishing to welcome you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Mercure Tokyo Ginza

Reviewed January 31, 2014

A typical four-star business hotel in a high rise building with good size rooms. It's right in the heart of Ginza. From the airport, it's the first express train stop (Tokyo station) than a short taxi ride (710 Yen) to the hotel. Plenty of restaurants and shops within walking distance. Breakfast is very good with authentic French patisseries. Staff are excellent and nice, one of them recognised and greeted us on the street. They were flexible with early check in and late check out. Highly recommended for both business and leisure.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank aussievoyageur
Management response:Responded February 2, 2014

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to read that you had a good stay with us and that you enjoyed the location and services of the hotel. It is true that sometimes when the rooms are available, we do react with much more flexibility than the fully booked days. I am happy to see that you could get the early checkin and late check out.

Thank you for your comments wishing to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

We stayed here on our last night in Japan and loved it's location. The room was big, clean and modern which was very relieving as we had just checked out of a hotel that had a tiny room. It is less than 5 minutes away from Ginza station and is located near a lot of shops. The staff were friendly and spoke fluent English. The only issue with the hotel was that we had spent more money to book the deluxe room for Agoda but it seems like we weren't provided with bottled water or better amnesties that were stated on the website. Nevertheless, we still enjoyed the stay and will probably stay here again when we come back to Tokyo.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julie D
Management response:Responded January 30, 2014

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.

I read carefully your comment and would appreciate if you could give me more details about your stay. I would like to know your name so that to investigate.
All the Deluxe rooms are set with different amenities than the superior room and two bottles of water. We always honor the promise to our guests and I wonder why you did not have these benefits.

Please write to me and give me more details so that I can answer precisely your message.

We will always be happy to welcome you and make your stay enjoyable.

Waiting for your details, please accept my best regards

Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Not far from Tokyo central station, and from Ginza subway station, a bit challenging to find by yourself - it's in some backyards, but if use as reference two big buildings of LV and bvlgari, it becomes easier. Hotel itself is very calm and personnel is helpful. Bad thing: there are no power sockets near the beds.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Management response:Responded January 29, 2014

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us even if finding the property seemed to be a challenge for you. As you mentioned, the hotel is located two blocks behind Louis VUITTON store. The map indicating the hotel's location is available on Accor website (Mercure Tokyo Ginza).
As for the power sockets, you are right, we have them at the room's desk.

Please let us know if you decide to visit us again...we will make sure to set up an extention wire in your room before you check in.

Thank you once again for your comment wishing to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Booked this hotel on a Japanese website because of its location in Ginza....2min walk from Ginza metro station and everyone on the street knew where it was. Booked in with a friend 4 hrs early and was offered a 'ladies room'. This is a separated area of the hotel just for females with l'occitane amenities in the bathroom plus lots of other girlie goodies. Breaky was what you'd expect but the staff were fabulous.....great knowledge of the area and how to get to everything, good English and really friendly and helpfull staff...Xavier even offered to take our bags out and hail a taxi for us and Make was a delight in the restaurant. Would definately recommend this hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Debbiebaileypt
Management response:Responded January 27, 2014

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.

I read your comments carefully and I am glad to know that you had a good time staying with us. Thank you for your appreciation of our teams. They always try to help our customers and make them feel at their ease at Mercure Tokyo Ginza.
Javier joined the team lately. He is naturally hospitalier as he consideres his job as a passion and loves his guests.
I will be delighted to welcome you again and make sure you will get another enjoyable stay with us.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

The hotel is situated in center of Tokyo with a good walking distance to the famous Ginza district and to the imperial palace. Very close to the metro station and easy to get taxi. The hotel staffs are very helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank UdoJalan
Management response:Responded January 23, 2014

Dear Valuable guest,

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.

I read carefully your comments and understand that you enjoyed your stay with us. However, I appreciate if you could tell me what made you give the score of 3/5 in the value.

Your comments are important for us as they allow us to know what do our clients think about our product and service.

I appreciate your feed back so that to understand what our valuable guests expect from us.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

This hotel in the heart of Ginza is so well located and managed that I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Tokyo. The Staff all speak English and other languages (I assume), and are ready to help with any request no matter how small. The General Manager, Kamel Senhadji, adds another level of professionalism that extends to his personal handling of any special issue or concern quickly and efficiently. The breakfast was great with both Japanese and International choices that satisfy both adults and children. The self-serve espresso/cappuccino machine was a special treat for us each morning. We also had no problem getting seating even for our 4 adults and 4 children in the breakfast area. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Tokyo as it sets a new high standard in terms of value, location, cleanliness and management for any hotel in any big City anywhere. Even our Japanese Colleagues an friends could not believe we had found such a great hotel at the peak of a very busy holiday period in Japan. They are recommending it to their friends and Colleagues as well, now! I can't think of any better endorsement of a property in Tokyo.

Room Tip: We had rooms higher up in the middle of the floor. They were quiet and clean. I think the deluxe T...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Seb B
Management response:Responded January 16, 2014

Gentile cliente amichevole,

Grazie per lasciare i tuoi commenti su TripAdvisor.

I will continue in English as my written Italian needs much more concentration and accuracy.

I read carefully your comments and regret that I could not welcome you personally. Thank you for these comments that I will share with the teams. It is true that having different employees from different regions of the world makes our clients feel at their ease in a city such as Tokyo.
We have Italian employees, French, Philippino and Spanish knowing that most of our employees speak reasonable to very good English and can handle most of the nationalities as some of them speak Chinese and different languages that might solve situations.

Thank you for mentioning my name, but I should say that the team is a credit for this property as they try, all the time, to find ways to make our clients feel happy during their stay with us.

Thank you, once again for your comments, wishing to welcome you again at Mercure Tokyo Ginza..... But this time, I will be at the front office desk to make sure your stay would be far better than this one.