“Great location and Mc Donald's next door if you are on a budget for breakfast ;)”

Mercure Tokyo Ginza
Ranked #11 of 90 Hotels / Ryokan in Chuo
Roodt/Syre
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was at the hotel 2 weeks ago, it has really a great location in Ginza, just a 2 minutes from the main shopping street away. So for a shopmaniac is it a perfect location. But well Ginza was not an area for me, there are nice shopping places, but I don't really need Gucci, Armani-stuff etc
The staff's english was ok, not perfect, but fine enough to communicate. We arrived during the typhoon, so they gave us free umbrellas.
The hotel has free internet which is really uncommun for Mercure Hotels in Europe. So this is really a plus for the hotel.
He rooms were quite big, and really clean. You have one op those japanese hightech toilets, which are fun if you see one like for the first time. And to be honest I really miss those heated seats XD
I haven't tried the breakfast in the hotel, I was to stingy to pay 20 $ so we took our breakfast next door at the 24/7 Mc Donald's, which was fine for me and it cost you only 3 dollar 80 for the cheapest menu with coffee and juice ;)
But yes I would recommend this hotel, Accor Hotels are mostly all fine, and you can book this place without hesitation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Timlux
, General Manager at Mercure Tokyo Ginza, responded to this review, October 2, 2013

Thank you for leaving your comments on tripAdvisor.

I am glad to know that you had a good time while staying with us. It is true that the location of the property is strategic and it is close to lots of places of interest in the heart of the city.

Thank you for recommending our hotel to the readers of TripAdvisor wishing to welcome you again in the nearest future.

Please let us know when you are back, we will be happy to serve you again.

GM@mercureginza.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in the first leg of our honeymoon. The location is fantastic. We caught a taxi from the Tokyo city air terminal and it was no problem at all. The Ginza area is really lovely with fantastic restaurants all around. The train station below the hotel is great and so easy to access and use. The staff were amazingly helpful and gave great advice. The breakfast was wonderful, plenty of options and all well cooked. The hotel room is small when compared to elsewhere we stayed in Asia but comfortable. We booked through flight centre so the rates were very expensive. But in future I will book directly through the hotel website the rates seem a lot better.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank lexif

Thank you for leaving your comments on tripAdvisor.

Congratulations and all the best for your couple's union. I am glad all went well for you... especially during your honeymoon.

It is true that sometimes, if not always, booking through our web site is better as we offer lots of promotions. Let us know next time...we will assist you in the process.

Please let us know when you are back, we will be happy to welcome you again and make you enjoy better the city and the hotel services.

Brisbane
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Located in Ginza, the middle of everywhere! Just a short walk or train ride to find a good feed or a ridiculously large shopping centre. There's a subway station directly underneath the hotel to make life even easier.
24-hour reception, so late check-ins are not a problem.
The staff are tremendously helpful with no request too difficult. They can speak Japanese, English and French at the very least.
Tidy, comfortable rooms. Decent breakfast. All the amenities worked.

My only gripe was that it was a little difficult to find the hotel, but fatigue may have made things harder for me at the time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank LaCorka

Thank you for leaving your comments on tripAdvisor.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that you could not find the hotel easily.... Depending on the transportation mean, I suggest to keep the address and telephone number with you at all times as the taxi drivers can use it through their navigator. Even when walking, the Japanese are all connected and can help you find your way...sometimes they accompany you till the hotel..it is cultural.

We will be delighted to welcome you again and give you some good hints about the city and accesses to the most important sites and places to visit. Let us know!

singapore
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is the location. Located in the Ginza Area... this hotel is best if you come to Tokyo for shopping and also business traveller. The Tokyo Metro Ginza station is just walking distance can be assessed from the basement of the hotels. While Tokyo station is just few stations away from Ginza Station.

Check in is very efficient, staffs generally are helpful and friendly. The Room can be little bit small, but for Tokyo standard is acceptable. Rooms are clean as well and mattress are comfortable.

Breakfast choices are not much, however the quality is superb. This is much better than some hotels which provides lots of variety of foods but at sub-standard quality.

The hotel can be a bit expensive about USD200 per night on average, however considering its location in central Tokyo, it is still acceptable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 88Teddy88

Thank you for leaving your comments on tripAdvisor.

I read your coments carefully and I shared them with the teams. They were all, glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated their quality of service and product.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

The hotel in the hurt of the Ginza Area. Very comftebal by all mains. Good transportions to/from. The subway has a station at the underpart of the building.
The breakfast more then far.
The statof Maine of the stafe is to give good service.
The G. manger is from France and looking for "solotins" to give the guests.
Very friendly hust

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Shlomo L
Dear Valuable Guest Shlomo San,

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.

I appreciate your comments and I am happy to see that you are at your ease with us enjoying the location, service and the teams of the property.

Please let us know if you need any thing as you are a repeater guest of the hotel. We are glad having you among us and will do all to make you feel at home.

Genearl Manager
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I just completed my third stay in this hotel within a year. It has good location in the center of Ginza but rooms are small and breakfast a bit limited. But OK value for center of Tokyo. This time I had an afternoon flight and a lunch appointment nearby so needed to extend my checkout a little. I was surprised to find that checkout time is 11am and they are very reluctant to extend it. After some talk they were willing to give until 12 noon, which is standard checkout time in all of Asia but in this case useless to me. To get past that even to 1pm was very difficult. I have a gold card but they flatly said I get no benefit with that. Most other hotel groups, also in Tokyo, give easily until 2pm and usually with a gold card until 4pm as long as they are not fully booked. And I only needed until 1pm this time. They wanted to charge 1000 yen for that extra hour, so clearly they had space, just wanted to be difficult and greedy. It is the small things that push customers away. I will try another hotel on my next stay. For a thousand yen greed they can lose hundreds of thousands in return business.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Kastelma
Dear valuable guest,

Thank you for leaving your comments on Tripadvisor.

I read carefully your comments and investigated. The hotel was totally full that week and the situation was quite hectic as we had guests arriving early and the checking out guests left their rooms late. This gives a short time to the teams to clean up properly the rooms.

Please let me know when you are back to tokyo...I will be delighted to handle your booking personally and make sure you will be at your ease with us.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Small rooms, but very good value. Location is excellent for business and pleasure, close to 5 metro stations and in the center of Ginza. Service is friendly and efficient. Food quality is good. Free wifi. The small size of the building means a lot of time is saved. Have stayed there multiple times and will do so again without hesitation.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank EugeneRev
, General Manager at Mercure Tokyo Ginza, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to see that you are a repeater guest and that you enjoy your stay with us all the time. I will share your comments with my team....I am sure they will appreciate.

Please let us know when you are back, we will be delighted to treat you specially this time.

I will be happy to welcome you personally.

My Best Regards