“Good for a Mecure and LOCATION”

Mercure Tokyo Ginza
Ranked #11 of 94 Hotels / Ryokan in Chuo
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This mecure is am above average Mecure . The rooms are a good size for tokyo hotels and the price we had (Dec) was good for the time of year. Its handy to several tokyo metro lines especially Hibiya line. JR yurackcho line is a easy 10 mins away. Many good (value) japanese restaurants nearby and because this is a buisness tourist area most have a english menu. Starbucks is 2mins walk away!. Hotel room is a room size, rooms are clean and efficient BUT not good english TV if you care about that (I don't). Staff are extremely helpful and their English quite good. Ive stayed all over Tokyo and recomend this for a buisness person or esp a traveller. Close to Tokyo station for shinkansen trips and easy access to Narita or Haneda airports. Close to shopping , eating and transport..Thumbs up!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kawa47
Management response:Responded June 16, 2013

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write on your experience at Mercure Tokyo ginza on tripAdvisor.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were satisfied with the location of our property. this makes it easier for our clientele.

I wish to welcome you again.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

This would be the last leg of our 2 week trip to Japan and what a disappointing end!!Mercure Tokyo Ginza was a complete let down especially after a fantastic 4 day stay at Keio Plaza Shinjuku where the service,room size,cleanliness etc were almost perfect.
Here at the Mercure,you can hardly swing a cat be it along the aisle, room,reception area entrance etc.The room is so tiny and congested with our luggage on top of it, we virtually had to make our coffee in the bathroom.
Most tourists would have a Japan Rail Pass and if I were to do it again, would most certainly stay in a hotel in an outer ward like Shinjuku, or Shibuya, and commute to the Ginza.
Oh we'll, you learn from your experience!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for leaving your feed back on TripAdvisor.

I read carefully your comments and I would appreciate if you could give me more details about your Stay. I would like you to tell me what was wrong with:

Rooms oo 
Cleanliness oo 
Service oo 
Sleep Quality ooo 

What I can understand from your message is that the room is small. It is true that the space in Hotel rooms is an issue in Japan but our rooms are bigger than our competitors. I could not see where we did not serve you properly.

I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We wish to hear from you and get all the details of your stay with us so that to see where we could have made of your stay an enjoyable one.

Fell free to write to me or contact me at Mercure Tokyo Ginza.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Unless you speak Japanese, staying in the local hotels can be tough. At the Mercure you can get by quite well with English, so that’s a big plus. The rooms are adequate in size, and large by Japanese standards, very comfortable with all the necessary amenities. The staff are extremely courteous and accommodating, which seems to be the norm in Japan anyway.
The Mercure is right in the middle of Ginza, one of the premier shopping precincts in Tokyo. You’re close to the subway system and overland trains, and literally surrounded by hundreds of dining options. If you like upmarket retail then this area is a “must visit”.
This hotel is excellent value for money given its location and standards.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write on TripAdvisor on your experience at Mercure Tokyo Ginza.
I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated Ginza for the quality of its infrastructures and shopping centres.

Please let us know when you are willing to come back to Tokyo again. We will be delighted to welcome you and make of your stay a better one.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We enjoyed our visit to tokyo and stayed @ mercure ginza.they upgraded our reservation.room had enough space.hotel location was very good.we used yurakucho line and ginza line.very easy for looking food and shop till you dropped @ ginza road.The staffs were so helpful especially h.enimoto (if i didn't mistake mention her name).hopefully we can travel to tokyo again.surely, i recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
Management response:Responded June 16, 2013

Dear valuable Guest,

Thank you for your comments left on TripAdvisor. I will share your comments with Miss Enimoto who will certainly be glad to have served you and made of you a happy guest.

Let us know if you decide to come back to Tokyo, we will be delighted to make of your next stay an even better one.

My best regards,

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Mercure is located in the prime shopping and dining area of Tokyo and is a sensibly priced hotel for a tourist visit. Some other hotels I have used in Tokyo are palatial and are fine for expense account visits on business, but for a self financed tourist visit the Mercure is my preferred option. Major department stores and designer stores are all nearby.

The breakfast menu had plenty of choice, and the dinner was fine too but I expect most visitors prefer a nearby authentic Japanese experience for dinner.

The hotel has several subway stations within 5 minutes walk which makes its location ideal for accessing other parts of the city.

There is free WiFi but we preferred the LAN ethernet cable for the laptop which was a very fast broadband speed. The iPhones didn't work anywhere in Japan which I now find is due to a compatability problem. A special package is needed for phones.

Room Tip: We had a superior Queen room which suited us. The area is not noisey as traffic just crawls in this...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for writing on us on TripAdvisor.

I read carefully your comments and appreciated your feed back. Just for your information, we do rent mobile phones at the front desk of the reception. You just have to buy a prepaid card that the hotel front desk sells too.

I will make sure this information is set up in the reception area for our clientele in order to avoid such uncomfortable situations..

Thank you, once again, for your comments wishing to welcome you in the future at Mercure Tokyo Ginza.

Best regards

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Good location near the high end shopping district. Very quiet rooms and of a good size. Japan is pretty expensive but this was good value for money all things considered. For a westerner the heated toilet seats with spray and bidet options were pretty funny.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded May 28, 2013

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the location of the property was up to your expectations and needs.
It is true that Japanese toilets are an attraction and it amazes all our overseas clients.... We have plenty of stories to tell about the malencontrous experiences that our clientele encountered sometimes.

Thank you once again for your comments hoping to welcome you again at Mercure Tokyo Ginza.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Having never visited Toyko previously chosing the hotel was a real punt that fortunately paid off. My preference is for Sofitel, but there is none in Tokyo so we opted to try the Mercure brand from the Accor range, which proved to be an excellent decision. The location is superb, right in the heart of one of Toyko's finest designer shopping districts, Ginza - all the labels are within a few minutes walk of the hotel as are both the JR station and nearest Metro.

The hotel itself is a western style facility, being clean, comfortable and from what I understand about Tokyo accomodation quite roomy, albeit somewhat more 'cosy' than we are used to...!! Still it served us well for the 6 nights that we stayed there as most of the time we were out sightseeing.

The staff were very welcoming and helpful throught our stay. The only incident we had was with the 'space age' toilet/wc that we discovered are a 'feature' in Japan. You need a pilots license for these Japanese loos and one night ours would not stop continuous flushing, with me getting a full bidet spray in the face when I tried to fix it in the middle of the night, much to my wife's amusement. Aanyway I called reception who sent someone to fix it within minutes, with no problems thereafter...

I recommend this hotel to anyone on a limited budget who wants to stay right in the heart of the shopping action - mind you if you're on a limited budget then you won't be shopping much here, the designer prices in Ginza require a mortgage extension..!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Propajob
Management response:Responded May 28, 2013

Dear Valuable guest,

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor....
I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay in Tokyo and appreciated our property. I shared your message with the teams and the toilet issue made them all smile.

Thank you for recommending our property wishing to welcome you once again at Mercure Tokyo Ginza.

All my best regards