“Happy and satisfied”

Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
“Happy and satisfied”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Best teppanyaki in Japan! The only Michelin-Star teppanyaki restaurant in Japan. Ordered the set meanu. Super generous portions, probably gained 10 pounds after this meal but so worth it! Everything was so delicious!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank HKPrincess1

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong, China
“Great lunch”
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

My wife made the booking and we went for a teppanyaki lunch. We were seated at the teppanyaki counter of course where we can see how each course was made. The course we selected was plenty and the service was absolutely amazing, will go again if I visit Tokyo. The waiting area before seating is like a personal museum by the owner.

“Superb ”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Sat at the bar. Enjoyed the art of cooking which was displayed in front if me. Absolutely delicious and extremely refined. Very expensive too!

toluca lake
“Wow food”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by the concierge at Westin and the lunch was an amazing experience.The food was meticulously prepared and the chef and staff were very attentive.
If you are in Tokyo even for a day don't miss on this experience.you will not regret.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Hagopyouredjian
Sydney, Australia
“Perfect Service”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My Tokyo guide suggested this Teppanyaki restaurant as I had a sudden craving for the best Japanese beef whilst walking in Ginza. I had no prior knowledge of this venue.

Teppanyaki is not just about great food - it is the atmosphere, the service as well as whether the chef is skilful in both cooking and conversation. Our chef was excellent - very experienced cook with just the right amount of communication.

One could be excused for thinking that we are in an exclusive antique shop as we walked through the entrance. The wooden beams on the ceiling were an unusual red colour and design. We were served a welcome tea in the lounge, before our coats were collected and we were taken into the main dining room.

As we walked along the corridor, I stopped at the glassed wine cellar and was surprised by the great collection of French red wines. The main dining room had a special French atmosphere mixed with oriental ambience.

Waiter service was excellent. The menu is not extensive and we ordered the special Chef menu even though it was lunch time as it was not a big meal - the quality of the abalone and beef was excellent. I immediately asked my guide to make a reservation for dinner 2 nights later so that I could sample their wine.

I rate this restaurant by a combination of service, ambience and food quality - though I must say that Nadaman Restaurant in Hong Kong also provides the best quality products in the Teppanyaki section of their restaurant - it lacks the rare atmosphere of this venue.

Ukaitei makes sure that clients enjoy exclusive dessert service by providing exquisite small tables away from the Teppanyaki cooking plates. One can enjoy an after-lunch dessert and coffee in a different section.

It was a most satisfying experience and we are certainly looking forward to returning.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Grace S

Been to Ukaitei? Share your experiences!