“Gorgeous Sushi”

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Best sushi ever! At a very reasonable price. We had to cue for 30 minutes to get in. Excellent material specially all kinds of tuna.

2  Thank mcanales
There are newer reviews for Sushizanmai Honjin

Reviewed November 5, 2013

As other reviewers mentioned, this is a very traditional japanese restaurant, with very good quality and extremely fresh food. Sashimi and Sushi here are probably like nothing you had before.
Staff don't speak good english, but they have a menu in other languages with pictures, so you just point at what you want and you're set.
Now, even though it's fairly expensive, don't even think of not ordering the fatty tuna. If you think you had good tuna before in your life, this you change your mind.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I visit Sushizanmai Honjin because my family recommend and I was not disappointed. This is a very traditional Japanese restaurant and they are good at sashimi, they offer some fish that is hard to find in other Japanese Restaurants. The sushi chefs prepare everything from scratch right in front of you, grabbing the fish from a huge tank! You can order individual items, sushi plates and tempura. Definitely not a 5 star restaurant but good, quick and reasonably priced sushi. Great service and great location

1  Thank Thao Q
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I had been looking for fatty tuna for 10 years now without success. Sushi Zanmai not only had fatty tuna they also had two different types and the fattier was almost white. Fantastic. I also tried 10 other types and they were all excellent. The beer was great too. I was there with a native speaker and everybody was incredibly chatty. The people next to us (we sat at the bar) poured our soy because you never do that yourself. The only thing I did not really like was their flamed stuff. They use a gas flame to broil fish and you can taste the gas. I believe because they hold the fish too close to the flame.

2  Thank Matt_Dina
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

It was the first breakfast in tokyo and the final breakfast in tokyo. At the end of the first breakfast in tokyo, I felt that my trip to Japan was worth it and if I went back home right now I would have no regrets. Now on to what I ate, I had the tuna sushi set. What blew me away were the the fatty tuna sushi and the broiled fatty tuna sushi! Sushi that melts in your mouth? They sure did. I felt like I was in heaven. Remember, the fatty tuna sushi and the broiled fatty tuna sushi are the most expensive items but go for it anyway you won't regret it.

Shaun

2  Thank Shaun L

Been to Sushizanmai Honjin? Share your experiences!