“Unique”

The Tsukiji Market
Book In Advance
$105.82*
and up
Private Asakusa, Tsukiji Fish Market and Sumo Stable Tour Including Water Bus...
$87.41*
and up
Private Kimono Experience in Asakusa with Tsukiji Fish Market Walking Tour and...
$86.49*
and up
Private Walking Tour of Tsukiji and Hamarikyu Garden with a Water Bus Ride to...
Ranked #1 of 115 Shopping in Chuo
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Great place to visit if you love to eat fresh fish or sushi. Choose from a variety of welcoming shops and restaurants. Fish is also sold in this market but be sure to arrive early as the best fish tends to sell out early in the morning.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Unique”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Incredibly unique experience for me!

Arrived very early morning to guarantee a place in this very popular, limited available spaced experience.

Wonderful auction that is very hectic but something I will not forget in a hurry. Great market after too and the sushi we ate (around 8 for breakfast!) had been caught that morning and sold at the auction.

Visited July 2012

134 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 216 helpful votes
“Eggtastic”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We arrived after the 5:30 auction as we couldn't get up on time. However we didn't miss all the glorious shops/stalls which sell all sorts of seafood/fish on the fly. There were mini restaurants which are 3-4 seats wide with some standing tables on the pavement.

My personal favourite was the egg shops where they have a show kitchen and you can see how they make the Japanese omelette. For 100yen you can get a slice of this fresh eggy goodness with a dash of sweet white sauteed 'something' or soy sauce. YUM!

Sydney, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Unbelievable Experience”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This was one of our major highlights on our trip in Japan. Although we did not get up early to see the Fish Market auctions, we were still able to see a lot of commercial sales occurring at 8 am.

Make sure you go to one of the sushi bars across from the markets as they seriously have the best sushi I have had in my life. We had the Chef's Menu (the only option) and was to die for and an experience in itself. I never saw myself eating nor enjoying sea urchin, sea eel, raw green prawns, and raw squid - but it was delicious and no other sushi will compare, I fear.

A MUST!

Birmingham UK
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Wonderful Sushi. Very interesting sights!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I loved this place and I'm not even that much of a fan of fish, the sushi shops dotted around the market offer off-the-boat fresh, professionally made sushi and although a bit of a wait to get seated, you will not be disappointed. One thing I will warn you about is that after trying authentic fresh sushi you will never feel the same way about supermarket packaged sushi ever again!

Visited March 2012
Hong Kong, China
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Interesing but restauants priced high for touists”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

An authentic fish market with some interesting associated retail outlets and small restaurants/cafe, but we found restaurant prices to be very high by Tokyo standards.