Currently staying at this property (10- 12 May 2014) and very impressed. I have stayed in Courtyard properties in Asia and they are to a high standard. This isn't any different.
As a platinum member we also got breakfast coupons and drink coupons for each day of stay. Always a nice perk and grateful when they occur.
Within about 2 minutes walk from Higashi-Ginza station and 4-5 minutes from Ginza station. Both exits have maps outside the station @ street level which indicate where the Courtyard is -- easy to find if arriving via subway.
More than plenty of food choices in a 4-5 minute walking radius. Japanese, Indian, Turkish, Portuguese, Italian, etc. Plenty of coffee shops as well as 7/11, Lawsons and Family Mart convenience stores also very close.
++ Marina the concierge has been great. Very informative and pleasant.
++ Breakfast foods in wide variety and good quality-- even has an omelet station
++ excellent WiFi (free for platinum guests) . Came with 2 laptops, 2 iPhones and 2 iPads and never had problems even with all of them running on the same room-based Wifi. Lots of charging ports in the room also.
++ room fitted well and overall property in very good condition.
++ had a non-smoking section of the restaurant/lobby so it was nice to have a location to have a drink or afternoon tea.
Things to be aware of (certainly not not cons)
- As stated in several other posts -- Small rooms. We have two overhead-bin sized rollaboards and there's little room to store them and still get around the room. We have a 2-double bedded room.
- I'm 6'1 and while standing in the shower, my head just almost hits the vent. Still plenty of room, but if I were taller would need to stoop.
- Noticed they hadn't refilled the room tea/coffee supplies and had to ask.
^^^ for all the above
Would certainly recommend for those OK with spending 200-225USD per night and wanting a great location with the brand-recognition of a Marriott property
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Business-oriented Hotel situated in heart of Tokyo's commercial center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelsClick, JAPANiCAN, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Marriott, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Courtyard Tokyo Ginza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Tokyo Ginza Hotel Chuo
- Courtyard Tokyo Ginza Hotel Japan
- Courtyard Hotel Chuo
- Chuo Courtyard