“Short stay in Tokyo”

Ranked #9 of 91 Hotels / Ryokan in Chuo
Melbourne, Australia
“Short stay in Tokyo”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Courtyard marriot was a fantastic hotel for our short stay in Tokyo. Central location in Ginza. The hotel was fantastic in every way. Wonderful friendly efficient and helpful staff. The staff were able to understand English and were very polite and helpful in all aspects of our stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Ginza is one of the top areas in Tokyo. Lots of great places to eat and tons of shopping. The staff is very helpful and most speak english. The rooms are fairly standard for Japan - a little small, but clean and who spends a lot of time in a room anyway? Others posted that they had problems with the internet - according to my son, the wireless needs to be reset since it can only handle 200-300 IP addresses and once all of the address occupy the server, no one else can log in. We encountered a problem with the public WI-FI in the lobby on our fisrt night and once we told the front desk to reset (unplug and plug the wireless router), we were able to get online every time without any problems. The in-room WI-FI worked great and free if you have attained "gold or platinum" Marriott reward status. My 22 year old son did all of his shopping at the DonK (short for Don Quixote), three blocks towards the Shimbashi JR station. What a great store - everythinkg from inexpensive gifts to high end electronics, watches and liquor. I would highly recommend purchasing a Japan Rail pass before arriving in Japan - the JR station (Shimbashi) is about 7 blocks (less than 10 minute walk) from the hotel. Very walkable and convenient to take the Yamonte line to either Shinagawa or Tokyo station to catch the Shinkasen. We paid $375 for "green car" (first class) unlimited use, 7 day pass. After adding up day trips to Nagano, Sendai, Niigata, Kyoto and Hiroshima, it would have cost over $1500 each, so we saved over $1,100. The subway is within a block (Ginza line) but the JR pass does not cover the subways. I would defintely recommend this hotel to both leisure and business travelers.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 000Mitsu
Oahu, Hawaii
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott Ginza for 5 nights while in Tokyo. The hotel is situated just off the main drag in Ginza. It is great for seeing Ginza and taking in the sights of this busy district. It is conveniently located for that purpose.

The rooms were clean and ok sized. I do have one complaint about the head clearance in the bathrooms, when standing in the shower the overhead clearance is maybe 6'3". Rather short for a taller person. They did have amenities such as soaps and lotions. But the bathroom was rather cramped. The room itself had a decent sized bed with a TV and a minibar. Wifi & LAN cost extra so we didn't use it.

There are a few subway and train lines that run nearby but if you are using a JR rail pass (like we did) then you'll have a hefty walk to the nearest JR station (maybe 15-20 minutes at a normal speed). There are other options for transportation such as the subway system, but for JR rail pass holders you'd have to shell out about 200-300 yen per way.

There are numerous food options around the hotel, but if you are looking for the mom & pop type of ramen or small eatery, they are few and far between in Ginza. The area of Ginza is more high scale with fine dining options and fine entertainment. If you are looking for a more low key approach then I wouldn't recommend staying in Ginza.

Overall it was a good hotel, but for the cost I would rather stay in one of the other prefectures of Tokyo and travel to see Ginza rather than stay in Ginza.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank islandboylp
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Agree with the positive comments here. Ginza is a fun, pleasant area. I took the train from Narita and had a two block walk to the hotel. This was not built as a Courtyard but works fine. The room was a little small but worked fine and was very comfy. Plus, in Tokyo space is at a very high premium in this market. The bathroom was quite cramped but it was just me, was spotlessly clean, and had nice amenities and plenty of hot water. The fridge, safe, and wifi all worked great. Folks at the front desk were friendly and jumped to help. Can't comment on value as it was a company direct pay. I did not use any food services in the hotel but I never do. Bottom line, Courtyard Ginza is a modern, comfortable, well-located, welcoming choice in a very expensive market. Wouldn't even think of going elsewhere if I return to Tokyo.

Room Tip: My room was near the front and I had a view up the street, which I enjoyed. I didn't notice any...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
AGoodSun
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

We usually look to stay at Marriott or Hilton when traveling due to points. So we booked originally based on that. But this hotel proved to be in a very good location for all the sights we wanted to see. We were there for 4 days and its within walking distance to the fish market, Ginza for great shopping and food, and tow subway stops that can quickly get you to Asasakusa, Roppongi, sky tree or the major shrines with no connections needed. The discounted breakfast buffet was very good. Plenty to choose from. The room was bigger than we expected and very nice. I would stay here again.

Stayed May 2013
Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This hotel was selected by me for a 5 day stay in Tokyo for one most important reason - Very well located in the middle of Tokyo with ease of access to many attractions. This is a cost effective, convenient and a very nice place to stay in an unbelievably quite environment in the middle of Ginza. I managed to visit all most all key attractions and come back by the same day evening. I booked the hotel and all my visits through Japanican.com which provided a very efficient and convenient service without any issue. Places I visited were Observation deck, Shimada river cruise, Asakusa temple, Imperial palace, Ginza and city tour, Sky tree and aquarium, Mount Fuji, experience in Shinkansen train, Lake Asahi, cableway up and down Mt. Komagatake and many others including Akinhabara during my leisure. Hotel staff were very helpful and assist in good English. If you are traveling in Aug, expect long ques for all attractions as it may be the summer holiday period.

Room Tip: Study how to use the toilet commode before you use it. If not, might end-up with hot and cold shower...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Rohitha R
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed June 14, 2013

At the time this was the only Marriott in town, so I was stuck being loyal to Marriott. (new one opening in Dec. 2013). The location is great. Ginza is an awesome area to walk around. Shops, restaurants, very safe. The big department stores within walking have grocery markets in the basement levels. The breakfast buffet is awful and expensive. (they give a small discount to status members - approx $18 vs. $26). There is a Denny's right across the street where we ate every morning. The staff was very nice and helpful with everything from booking tours to quick responses to problems in the room. There was a small refrig in the room (mini bar) but you could push things aside to keep your personal items cold. There is a convenience store on the corner to buy items from water to sandwiches, also a coffee shop two doors down. The room was very, very small. I had an issue with the desk. I'm 5"8" but my knees hit the back of the desk when I sat straight in. That is how narrow the desk is. Shower was awesome, hot and strong. Fitness center was dreary and depressing but good equipment (in the basement). I have Marriott status and they gave us one drink coupon per night in the public lounge off a rot gut menu of wine, but did offer Sappora beer withthe coupon. My colleague order just fries (small dish) one night in the lounge and it cost equivalent of $8. US. yikes. Yet a couple of things off the room service menu were good at $11.

Subway was very close by. The airport bus to/from Narita was very comfortable and quick. This hotel is situated pretty close to Hanida, which I'll be coming from next month. But really can't wait for the other Marriott to open so that I don't have to stay here anymore. Then again, it could have been worse. I was there for 2 1/2 weeks so it seemed especially hard. It really wasn't.

Room Tip: If you are top tier, there is an floor with executive rooms that is bigger. I did not get one or se...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chuo
Mitsui Garden Hotel Ginza Premier
Odaiba / Shiodome / Shinbashi
Park Hotel Tokyo
Park Hotel Tokyo
#6 of 110 in Minato

Been to Courtyard Tokyo Ginza Hotel? Share your experiences!