“Fantastic Kobe Beef” 5 of 5 bubbles

Beefsteak Kawamura, Ginza
Ranked #39 of 7,834 Restaurants in Chuo
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
Istanbul, Turkey
“Fantastic Kobe Beef”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

One of the best steaks I have ever had. The service was excellent, the pricing as with many restaurants in Tokyo was high but definitely worthwhile.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank EPTraveller99

“Best meal ever. Period.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

I thought I had eaten great steak before. I was wrong. Everything else is McDonald's ground beef compared to the kobe beef at Kawamura. The meal my wife and I shared at the Ginza location was the most memorable part of our trip to Tokyo.

3 Thank RayrayHoss
Texas
“Still dreaming of the Kobe beef!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

Excellent place to try Kobe beef in Tokyo. They do take their beef seriously in this teppanyaki restaurant which is devoted to the Kobe beef. The place is a bit difficult to find as it is on the upper floor of a building in Ginza. The place feels like an American steak house but that is the only similarity it has with it's American counterpart. We had a full course dinner starting with carpaccio of Kobe beef followed by foie gras and then oxtail soup. The Kobe beef itself was amazing. It was worth all the hype and dollars. I have had nothing like it in the US.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank OrpheusTexas
Miami, Florida
“Memorable experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

Some of the things I love about traveling are trying local foods, meeting new people and learning about different cultures, so I really enjoyed my meal here. This is a teppanyaki restaurant and the chef spoke English so was able to tell us about the Kobe beef while he was preparing our meal. This was a great experience as I didn't know very much about authentic Kobe beef before dining here. The food was amazing and I enjoyed the friendly atmosphere. We were also shown the cow's certificate at the end of the meal, complete with nose print (which did make me feel a little sad... but at least she was appreciated). Definitely worth a visit if you are in Japan as true Kobe beef is only available in Japan, Macau and Hong Kong, and apparently this place is one of the best Kobe restaurants (it came highly recommended by the Conrad, Tokyo where we were staying). The American "Kobe" beef is not authentic and does not come from Japan.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank WDUK
Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing Kobe Beef”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

We got the manager/chef that speaks very good English and he was such a great "tour guide" for our first Kobe experience. He told us all about the certifications of Kobe beef and was so friendly and fun. The food was beyond our expectations. We tried the bottom tier grade and the top tier grade and they were both amazing but you could tell a slight difference but no matter which one you choose you will be completely satisfied. Definitely want to go back on our next trip to Tokyo!!

• Visited August 2012