“Good location and helpful staff, albeit with some language difficulties”

Sotetsu Fresa Inn Tokyo Kyobashi
Ranked #18 of 96 Hotels / Ryokan in Chuo
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Stayed for 5 days. Check in was late at 3pm so we left our luggage and my baby's milk (which they kindly stored but was eventually spoiled since I didn't know our room refrigerator had to be switched open) and ate lunch around the corner at a local ramen place located at a basement (cheap and tasty). Our room was small since we had 2 luggages and a baby but we managed by moving a lot of stuff around when moving around the room. Staff had difficulty communicating in English but were very helpful and even printed out sheets of paper to show us directions. However they weren't able to tell us how to get back to the airport (the 900 yen bus at tokyo station was not where they told us and we never found it. Ended up taking the train using the sobu line which thankfully took only 1 hr as we would have missed our flight). Breakfast was ok with adequate selection of rice,sausages,fruit and juices. Incidentally what I thought was watermelon shake turned out to be tomato (language problem again :). Overall good location to train located behind the building. And about 10 mins walk to tokyo station and to the tokyo international forum which was the location of our convention. Oh and the housekeeper was also very helpful, she gave my husband chopsticks :).

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed March 28, 2014

We've had a very welcoming and comfortable stay throughout our time at Sotetsu Fresa. The hotel is centrally located in the heart of Tokyo, and is about 5 to 7 mins walk from Tokyo JR Station.

It has a cosy ambience and the staffs there were very nice. They have English-speaking staffs at the Reception, so language was not much of a barrier. The hotel have washer and dryer machines opened 24/7, so you can do your laundry anytime. If you're not sure on how to use it, you can approach the Reception Desk, they'll be more than happy to explain it to you.

I love the housekeeper on Level 12, she is so sweet. She helped me with the confusion of the sorting of rubbish (Japan is very strict with their rubbish sorting, you can be fined for sorting the wrong rubbish). Noticing that we put the pillows one side and used our travel pillow, she left the pillow as it is (with the sheets changed daily) and arranged our travel pillows on the bed. The first time we came back after she cleaned the room, we found my box of Kellogg's Frosties in between our travel pillows. The day after, she arranged it on the bed, as seen in the picture. Since I know and understand basic Japanese, and after I thanked her for her hard work, the smile on her face was priceless.

All in all, the bed was comfy, the toilet was manageable, love their shampoo, conditioner, body wash and hand soap (it's so hard to find that brand online! Even Rakuten doesn't seem to have that brand), the room is clean, we got to watch Inuyasha on TV (although it was a re-run), it was a splendid stay at Sotetsu Fresa. I will definitely come back when I'm in Tokyo again.

Thank you for your wonderful hospitality.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, preferably one with a good view away from the clutter of buildings. =)
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Eleanor_J_Thomas
Reviewed March 16, 2014

The locations is great, close to Tokyo Station. Stayed here with my husband for our holidays. We are both very tall… the bed, room and bath room are tiny, (common in Japan) but we really enjoyed the experience. The staff is friendly and professional. I recommend this hotel if you are planning to visit the city, and enjoy a simple, clean and good location hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anabutteri
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Stayed here this trip as I was travelling with 2 of my teenage children. We booked a triple room which for Tokyo standards was spacious and comfortable. We each had our our semi double bed (my daughters was more a foldout sofa bed but more than sufficient). Plenty of room even with a ski bag and this hotel was an easy 7-10 minute walk from Tokyo station. Easy directions make sure you take Yaesu CENTRAL exit cross the road and turn right at the 3rd set of lights (if you look down the lane way street you will see the Fresa Inn sign on the top of the building). There are fantastic places eat close by. we stumbled across a fantastic little place with great food, under $30 to feed the 3 of us ( this includes my 16 yr old son with a ferocious appetite)...only a minutes stroll from the hotel!

Room Tip: Defs go with a triple room if you want a little extra room!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank debw_oz
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We stayed in this hotel during our first visit of japan. So it could have been a gamble if it weren't for the many positive reviews I had read before.
Is this hotel worthwile? No, it is better: it is an excellent choice for a stay in Tokyo. It's easy to access by foot from Tokyo Station, it has modern rooms, great sound isolation, non-smoking, ... One thing I also remember is the clean room, even the bathroom was as brand new. The most tidy hotel we've ever been in. We had a quite spatious double room.
What about the surroundings? Well in the we made a walk to Ginza district, it has close access to Tokyo Station for Shinkansen trains, you can also easily travel by metro, and so on.
The restaurant we didn't try so maybe someone else can review this? Or maybe myself next time we visit Tokyo ;-)

Room Tip: We took a double room, just above the little size and it was quite spatious.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Christo168
Reviewed January 28, 2014

After a long flight to Tokyo, I was so happy to get to the Fresa Inn. This hotel is at a walking distance from Tokyo station. It's really well-located and the staff is one of the best I have seen.
Rooms are tiny (like everywhere in Japan) but very very clean.
If I ever go back to Tokyo I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank genguay
Reviewed January 7, 2014

If you're in Tokyo and want to base yourself near Tokyo Station (easy to take shinkansen, etc) then this hotel is awesome! Close to 3 train stations, one just 1 minute away from the hotel, another a few minutes walk, and Tokyo Station is probably about 10 minutes walk. Plenty of local restaurants around the area (but most are closed on Sundays, as we found out).

The room is tiny (we picked the semi-double for 2, yup, more like a single haha) so do get a double room or larger if you prefer comfort. Price is very good for the location, we paid about AU$90 for the room per night, for 3 nights stay from Hotels.com when they were on sale.

Bed is comfortable, not much space around but still okay, bathroom is tiny but still good with all the amenities you need plus heated toilet seats. Oh, and free bottle of water if you go for eco-cleaning, which is nice.

You need to take the lift one floor up to find the lobby. Service was great, they also helped us send our luggages to Osaka. There's free coffee and tea at certain time during the day at the lobby too.

Ladies get a pack with hair clip/tie, moisturiser and face wash (branded too, Shiseido!) so that's another plus if that's what you like.

Room Tip: Get a double room (not semi-double) for 2 people sharing a room!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple