“Exceptional!”

Tapas Molecular Bar
Ranked #1 of 7,942 Restaurants in Chuo
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
New York City, New York
“Exceptional!”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Chef Ping and his talented team take molecular dining to a fun, interactive and creatively delicious level.

• Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“A truly unique experience”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

As a restaurant it was amazing. There were only 6 people in our sitting so it almost felt as if the chef was cooking just for you. Some seriously unique takes on gastronomy, with the fruit dessert at the end with the mystery fruit from Africa what had the effect of removing the acidity from everything so when drinking my New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, it tasted luke I was drinking a dessert wine to finish my meal.

18 amazing courses, and worth every penny. Make sure you also visit the toilets with a view across Tokyo and the Sky Tower from your urinal.

An experience that may never be beaten!!

Portland, Oregon
“Are we discriminated?”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I started communicating with Mandarin Oriental since early Feb to make a reservation at this bar. They were very helpful in providing information about availability etc. For some unforeseen circumstances, our travel plan changed. Now I am going to Tokyo end March and again I tried to get a reservation for March 29th. After a few email exchanges and confirmation from their end, every thing was set. I then casually disclose that I would be coming with 25 years old son for the dinner. Guess what happens.. they said sorry we would cancel the reservation. I was like.. what.. after 2-3 weeks of holding our reservation, they told me sorry they are full now and cancel my reservation shortly after I told them I am coming with adult son. Are we discriminated? I sure feel like we are.

• Visited March 2014
22 Thank lee O
Perth, Australia
“Still not as sure if I like this type of food”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

It was a very interesting experience, the dishes were very unusual and tasted great. However, not sure if one ravioli with amazing texture and unique filling is what I really think is what food is about.

Visited February 2014
Zushi, Japan
“Excellent experience!”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Our visit was for Valentine's Day and did not disappoint! We arrived about an hour early to enjoy a cocktail the lounge and the lovely view. The food was excellent and the descriptions were in both English and Japanese. I read a few reviews that said they found the bilingual descriptions distracting, this was not my experience at all. I thought it was very well done and I really enjoyed all of the dishes. They change the menu seasonally and we can't wait to go back!

Visited February 2014