“Freshest sushi I've tasted”
Review of Daiwa Sushi

Daiwa Sushi
Ranked #7 of 8,041 Restaurants in Chuo
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We were served by the friendly and cheerful sushi master. The sushi is the freshest I have tasted so far. It is best to choose a set from the menu and the stream of sushi will be served according to your eating speed. Definitely worth the 30min wait outside. It is very tight once you get inside. If you bring larger bags, you might not be allowed to go in.

1  Thank Jotiramisu
There are newer reviews for Daiwa Sushi

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Went there after reading the TA review. There were about 25 people lining up in front of me, and most of them were tourists like myself. If I hadn't been to another sushi place two days ago in Tokyo I would give it 4/5. We ordered the set menu, and to be honest, with such price, the quantity and quality weren't extremely as good as reviewed...nevertheless, the fatty tuna and urchin were not disappointing. The staff inside were very friendly, but the old man who managed the line-up was rude :(

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Arrived at 5.45 to the front of this sushi place. It was a Saturday and there were already 3 rows of people queuing infront of the store. There was a staff standing at the end of the queue to make sure customers who are queueing are standing orderly and not obstructing the traffic flow.

Basically you enter from the front door and exit from the back door. We queued for about 40 mins, which was decent in my opinion. We were offered the set, which was alright, but I would probably select my own sushi next time. We agreed to the set without really knowing what was included. as the sushi came, we just ate and it was all fresh and nice. It was the first time i felt sea urchin was fresh! But i am still not a fan of that.

Chef doesn't really speak english and he was serving a few customers at the same time. I think he was confused because after a few sushis, he said "last piece" to us. We were not too sure how much to expect, but having eaten the highlights like the fatty tuna and teh sea urchin, we thought maybe thats all. So we ordered additional Ikura sushi as it was my favourite kind and i really wanted to taste the difference in freshness.

It wasnt that special and after our additional order,the chef probably realized he forgot some sushi and gave us a few more pieces, including 6 small pieces of rolled sushi of which 2 are ikura!

Overall it is unique experience. But would suggest to review the menu properly before ordering, especially if you don't eat or don't enjoy certain sushis, it would be better to order more of those you enjoy.

1  Thank Canicie
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Daiwa-Zushi offers delicious, super-fresh sushi for reasonable prices. Located just outside the main market area, it can be difficult to find but is worth the effort.
If you're quite experienced with sushi, you'll immediately notice the subtle but great differences. The fatty tuna is definitely the highlight... It's rare to find it served elsewhere I the world. Other mind blowing sushis were the sea urchin and the clam.
Despite not speaking English, staff is very friendly and helpful.
This is a great place for travelers to Tsukiji Market to enjoy yummy sushi in a relaxed environment.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Every time I come to Tokyo, I eat here. It's right next to Sushi Dai, which is rated higher and slightly better value, but the wait is exponentially longer.
Give yourself a break and have sushi that is arguably just as good (and certainly top-notch for the price!) at Daiwazushi. The sushi chefs are friendly, the price is great (3500 yen for the set) and the fish is oh-so-good!
We usually wait about 30 minutes, sometimes even less. Once we went on a weekday morning and there was no wait at all! Try to avoid going on a Saturday, when the line is longer -- but it still moves at a good clip.
The sushi is seriously so delicious. It practically melts in your mouth. Totally droolworthy.