New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Neighborhood: Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
Singapore, Singapore
“Fresh sushi with decent waiting time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Arrived at 5.45 to the front of this sushi place. It was a Saturday and there were already 3 rows of people queuing infront of the store. There was a staff standing at the end of the queue to make sure customers who are queueing are standing orderly and not obstructing the traffic flow.

Basically you enter from the front door and exit from the back door. We queued for about 40 mins, which was decent in my opinion. We were offered the set, which was alright, but I would probably select my own sushi next time. We agreed to the set without really knowing what was included. as the sushi came, we just ate and it was all fresh and nice. It was the first time i felt sea urchin was fresh! But i am still not a fan of that.

Chef doesn't really speak english and he was serving a few customers at the same time. I think he was confused because after a few sushis, he said "last piece" to us. We were not too sure how much to expect, but having eaten the highlights like the fatty tuna and teh sea urchin, we thought maybe thats all. So we ordered additional Ikura sushi as it was my favourite kind and i really wanted to taste the difference in freshness.

It wasnt that special and after our additional order,the chef probably realized he forgot some sushi and gave us a few more pieces, including 6 small pieces of rolled sushi of which 2 are ikura!

Overall it is unique experience. But would suggest to review the menu properly before ordering, especially if you don't eat or don't enjoy certain sushis, it would be better to order more of those you enjoy.

• Visited October 2013

• Thai first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Daiwa-Zushi offers delicious, super-fresh sushi for reasonable prices. Located just outside the main market area, it can be difficult to find but is worth the effort.
If you're quite experienced with sushi, you'll immediately notice the subtle but great differences. The fatty tuna is definitely the highlight... It's rare to find it served elsewhere I the world. Other mind blowing sushis were the sea urchin and the clam.
Despite not speaking English, staff is very friendly and helpful.
This is a great place for travelers to Tsukiji Market to enjoy yummy sushi in a relaxed environment.

• Visited December 2012
Seoul, South Korea
“Fantastic sushi, great value, WORTH THE WAIT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Every time I come to Tokyo, I eat here. It's right next to Sushi Dai, which is rated higher and slightly better value, but the wait is exponentially longer.
Give yourself a break and have sushi that is arguably just as good (and certainly top-notch for the price!) at Daiwazushi. The sushi chefs are friendly, the price is great (3500 yen for the set) and the fish is oh-so-good!
We usually wait about 30 minutes, sometimes even less. Once we went on a weekday morning and there was no wait at all! Try to avoid going on a Saturday, when the line is longer -- but it still moves at a good clip.
The sushi is seriously so delicious. It practically melts in your mouth. Totally droolworthy.

• Visited September 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Fresh But Pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was lucky to have queued only 30 minutes as I reached the market early. I started queueing around 6.20 a.m. The queue at Sushi Dai seemed longer and I just went to Daiwazushi.

After I got my seat, I did not even have a glimpse of the menu. The chef just asked if I was ok with his recommendation, i.e. the set menu.

No doubt that the ingredients were really fresh but I still think that the price is a bit steep. You can only see foreigners and tourists queueing. The set menu cost 3,500 Yen (a guide to those who wish to go). Set menu consists of what is shown in profile photo of Daiwazushi above.

It was a memorable experience. If you do not mind the long wait, it is highly recommended as you cannot get sushi any fresher than this in Tokyo.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank chankwc
Dove Canyon
“I'll never look at sushi the same... fantastic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We did the tuna auction at 5:50 so we were looking for a place for sushi breakfast fairly early. we were wandering around the market not sure where to go when we spotted a small clump of people waiting for Daiwa-Zushi. Luckily, there was a couple of Americans so I asked what was going on and he told me this is supposed to be THE place to go. so we joined the line and only waited maybe 15 minutes. The food was incredible!!!!! I was there with 2 American sushi chefs and another American restauranteur and they agreed. The old chef was cute, he smiled and let us take his picture. He gave us a nice selection and then when he decided it was over we had to pay and leave. It was about $38 and WELL worth it, we didn't think that was expensive. Later in the day we saw the line was pretty long and also the line for the place on the corner (which is apparently even more famous) was very long. It was a super hot day and I think it would be silly to waste time in that kind of line. Get there very early and you will be rewarded.

• Visited August 2013