“great place”

Neighborhood: Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“great place”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Daiwa-Zushi offers delicious, super-fresh sushi for reasonable prices. Located just outside the main market area, it can be difficult to find but is worth the effort.
If you're quite experienced with sushi, you'll immediately notice the subtle but great differences. The fatty tuna is definitely the highlight... It's rare to find it served elsewhere I the world. Other mind blowing sushis were the sea urchin and the clam.
Despite not speaking English, staff is very friendly and helpful.
This is a great place for travelers to Tsukiji Market to enjoy yummy sushi in a relaxed environment.

• Visited December 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Seoul, South Korea
“Fantastic sushi, great value, WORTH THE WAIT”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Every time I come to Tokyo, I eat here. It's right next to Sushi Dai, which is rated higher and slightly better value, but the wait is exponentially longer.
Give yourself a break and have sushi that is arguably just as good (and certainly top-notch for the price!) at Daiwazushi. The sushi chefs are friendly, the price is great (3500 yen for the set) and the fish is oh-so-good!
We usually wait about 30 minutes, sometimes even less. Once we went on a weekday morning and there was no wait at all! Try to avoid going on a Saturday, when the line is longer -- but it still moves at a good clip.
The sushi is seriously so delicious. It practically melts in your mouth. Totally droolworthy.

• Visited September 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Fresh But Pricey”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was lucky to have queued only 30 minutes as I reached the market early. I started queueing around 6.20 a.m. The queue at Sushi Dai seemed longer and I just went to Daiwazushi.

After I got my seat, I did not even have a glimpse of the menu. The chef just asked if I was ok with his recommendation, i.e. the set menu.

No doubt that the ingredients were really fresh but I still think that the price is a bit steep. You can only see foreigners and tourists queueing. The set menu cost 3,500 Yen (a guide to those who wish to go). Set menu consists of what is shown in profile photo of Daiwazushi above.

It was a memorable experience. If you do not mind the long wait, it is highly recommended as you cannot get sushi any fresher than this in Tokyo.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank chankwc
Dove Canyon
“I'll never look at sushi the same... fantastic experience”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We did the tuna auction at 5:50 so we were looking for a place for sushi breakfast fairly early. we were wandering around the market not sure where to go when we spotted a small clump of people waiting for Daiwa-Zushi. Luckily, there was a couple of Americans so I asked what was going on and he told me this is supposed to be THE place to go. so we joined the line and only waited maybe 15 minutes. The food was incredible!!!!! I was there with 2 American sushi chefs and another American restauranteur and they agreed. The old chef was cute, he smiled and let us take his picture. He gave us a nice selection and then when he decided it was over we had to pay and leave. It was about $38 and WELL worth it, we didn't think that was expensive. Later in the day we saw the line was pretty long and also the line for the place on the corner (which is apparently even more famous) was very long. It was a super hot day and I think it would be silly to waste time in that kind of line. Get there very early and you will be rewarded.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Lorimendenhall
“Friendly old master chef”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

My hubby and I were down @ tsujiki market around 7.15am & saw a super duper long queue for Sushidai. So decided to go over to Daiwazushi instead ( few doors away).

Not a very long wait (around 35mins). I decided to peek through d little red curtains while waiting & saw the old master chef. I am very delighted and surprised when he give a little wave to me! :))

However I never have the honour to be serve by him as was ushered to the other room(2 rooms side by side, each seat around 10ppl). We choosed the ¥3,500 set menu ( 7pcs sushi+tuna/roes rolls+fish miso soup ). Fresh & nice sushi!

Did not try Sushidai so will be unfair if to compare both eatery in term of sushi but personally, I will rather spent time doing more sightseeing & etc then to queue for >1hrs.

3 Thank Jia H

Been to Daiwa Sushi? Share your experiences!