“Great vegetarian restaurant in Ginja , Tokyo”
Review of Nataraj

Nataraj
Ranked #253 of 7,942 Restaurants in Chuo
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
Description: Milan Nataraj is Indian Vegetarian& Vegan restaurant in Shibuya Tokyo. Please try our healthy,tasty,rich curries. Several types authentic Indian spices do not only add a special texture to the curry, but also help to tone up your system. We do not use any fish or meat at all. We are sure those who are accustomed to fish or meat dishes,will also be much satisfied them. So please take your time and enjoy the real Indian chef's delight.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great vegetarian restaurant in Ginja , Tokyo”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Simple , value , clean restaurant in Yokyo, well connected by train and in an excellent location ..I think it is on 3 floors, and I visited 7th floor, though its a small place, for vegetarians, this place is value for money..

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank vu2sts

Toronto
“great Indian Food”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were recently visiting my older son in Tokyo with my younger son. Both sons are vegetarian. My husband has never liked Indian food. This has all changed since we ate at Nataraj. The food was extremely tasty, the service was excellent and the setting was very inviting. One of the best meals we had on our 3 week vacation.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank blueeyesToronto
Chicago, Illinois
“Want some Indian Food in Tokyo? - Go to Nataraj!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Nataraj is a real gem - was some of the best Indian food I've had anywhere, and I've been to Indian restaurants in Europe, the US, Australia, and of course, India itself. Service is simply outstanding, these guys should teach Indian restaurants in the US about what good service is all about. From what I could tell the restaurant had a Japanese chef and a Japanese hostess. I had some chana masala and roti, and my travelling partner had matar paneer and some naan. My chana masala/chole was the closest to home-cooked I've had anywhere...it was light, not oily, very spicy, and perfectly balanced. The roti was a little different from what I'm used to, something probably closer to a paratha, but was tasty nonetheless. Simply outstanding food, great service, at a reasonable price. If you want Indian food in Tokyo, go to Nataraj and you won't be disappointed.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Jiyen1213
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Hugely disappointing Indian experience”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Not expecting find much in terms of just vegetarian and indian restaurants in Tokyo, we were initially very happy to find this one and went in anticipation.
The location is good as its in the middle of Ginza, the shopping and buzzing centre of Tokyo, and situated on the 7th floor of shopping building.
Decor was very authentic, which is why we were extremely disappointed at the food that was produced.
The restaurant's "USP" is that they're menu is pure veg/vegan/macrobiotic/gluten-free as you require so you can expect to pay a premium. We are vegetarian and indian so feel that it is fair to comment and say that the food was poor in terms of taste, spice, quantity and overall value. e.g. a paneer makhani-type of dish was meagre and tasted exactly as if Heinz cream of tomato soup had been used with little spice; the palak (spinach) dishes were basically creamed spinach (no doubt out of a tin and NOT fresh) with added cream; the vegan nan WAS good.
Unless you are strictly vegan or gluten-free, I would recommend other indian restaurants in Tokyo.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank SanBh
“Great for dinner okay for lunch buffet”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I have had dinner at Nataraj and have never been disappointed with the delicious foods that they had to offer. They have an English men and their service has always been fantastic and the foods spiced just right for my pallet never mind the fact that they have brown rice and plenty of healthy vegan dishes to offer on the menu as well.
I will say that I was surprised to see what was on offer for their all you can eat lunch buffet. Although the taste was good, the curries were mainly sauces with little substance to them and they served white rice with the dish. There was only 1 dessert to choose from which was a milk based product and not so appealing.
Just because I wasn't happy with the lunch buffet though doesn't mean that I would never go back. I certainly plan on visiting Nataraj again for dinner while I am in Tokyo.

• Visited April 2013