“Kobe beef in Tokyo”

Gyuan
Ranked #8 of 7,908 Restaurants in Chuo
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
Description: Shop close. Sunday &. National holiday Lunch time Last order. 1:45pm Dinner time. Last guest. 9:00pm Reservation (only dinner). 5:30pm - 8:30 pm
London
“Kobe beef in Tokyo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

What a wonderful restaurant!
During business trip in Japan we enjoyed Kobe Beef in Gyu-An restaurant in the heart of Ginza in Tokyo.
Kobe beef is exceptionnal; the quality of the meat is great!!
Appetizers are delicious and well prepared.

You must consider to spend 100-130 dollars for a Kobe beef menu, it is one of the cheapest Kobe beef menu in Tokyo.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank stephadry

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Fantastic Kobe Beef”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Convenient location near Ginza. Quite easy to find (just look for their sign outside).

We didn't make reservations and we are lucky we are able to get a table that night for dinner. Chose the set Kobe (shabu shabu) as well as steak. Both are very good but to choose one, I would choose the steak. Total for 2 is about US100 for a fantastic kobe beef, it's worth it.

I would definitely come again if I'm in Tokyo!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank NFChin
Stockholm
“The best meat I have ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

My wife (who doesn't eat meat) agreed to go with me to this resturant, since I really wanted to try the Kobe beef.

It was a friday and we called at 15.30 and made a reservation (the last table!) for 20.30. The man (owner?) I spoke to on the phone was great at speaking English.

It was very easy to find the restaurant and when we arrived we felt truly welcome.

We sat down and my wife said that she didn't eat meat. We were prepared that she would have a salad or rice, but the extremely helpful waitress (co-owner?) said that they could make a fish dish - that wasn't on the menu! Very impressive!

I chose the Chateau briant (the best part of the fillet - that was available this night) 150 g menu.

The meal was truly amazing! First, a small beef sushi. Then sachimi. Then the perfect medium rare tender beef you can imagine accompanied by rice, salad, miso soup and different sauces. The dinner was finished with cassis sorbet, sake and coffee.

The dinner as a whole was one of the best we have ever had and the beef was, without comparison, the best meat I have ever had. Not only super tender and juicy - but perfectly cooked and seasoned.

The service was truly excellent during the entire dinner!

2 Thank Anders J
“Great Place for Kobe Beef”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

We found this restaurant through recommendations here, on tripadvisor. Man, are they right! We went there during lunch at 11.30 am which was the time they open. There's already a queue behind us at such early time!

We ordered the 200gr Sirloin Kobe beef at JPY 7000 each which came with rice, salad, miso soup, and free tea. Mine was cooked to medium rare.. the meat was sooo tender it's what people say "melt in your mouth" minimum chewing effort!!!!

The staff were helpful with very very limited English but, they do have English menu so we can easily point what we want. Overall, a superb experience!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Andrew C
Jakarta
“Great find in the middle of Tokyo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have had kobe beef twice now in Kobe. So I was a little skeptical when my mom wanted to eat Kobe beef in tokyo. I searched several places and Gyu-an came up pretty high on the recommendations list. I had my hotel to reserve a place because I can't speak any Japanese. When we arrived, it had English menus and the waitresses could speak english well. So I thought, man I am in a tourist trap. But when the steaks came out, I was very pleasantly surprised. The beef was perfectly marbled to begin with, and it was placed on a hotplate and all neatly cut up so we could eat it easily. It was tender, juicy and perfectly cooked medium raw. This is definitely a place to go if you can't be in Kobe. This place do not serve kobe beef in teppanyaki though, so if you are looking for that, this is not the place. However, they serve it on a hotplate and cut up, which I actually much prefer. Ahh... kobe =)

• Visited April 2013

Been to Gyuan? Share your experiences!