“Expensive.”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
Reviewed May 17, 2018

Okay, so here's the deal. I don't think of tempura as fancy food. I never would have imagined myself eating at a high-priced tempura restaurant. But we were hungry and couldn't find anything else (and somehow, we got in without a reservation).

With that said, I do not regret stepping inside. The tempura is better than any tempura I've had before. While the chef wasn't fluent in English, he was able to tell us what we were eating and how to eat it. He was friendly and it was a delight to see him in action. The staff were exemplary. It was truly a great experience.

This restaurant is more than just the food. We would not be able to experience something like this back home. Absolutely recommend if you are willing to pay for something that will change your perception about tempura.

Reviewed May 10, 2018

Had the 15 course tasting menu here and it was absolutely the best tempura and service anywhere on the planet. Pricey but worth it all.

1  Thank ernrich
Reviewed April 30, 2018 via mobile

$ 153 lunch for 3 that was awful. Tempura brought in a covered bowl (so steamed and soggy) and already dipped in sauce! So disappointed. Was with my two sons and lunch with a small bottle of sake was Many better places around the world- let alone in Tokyo. I could not believe it. Should have sent it all back but it was my birthday and I just was not in the mood. Lunch with my two boys was simply terrible. Tired place with orange Formica table. DO NOT GO HERE!

Reviewed April 28, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was very famous, many people recommended to me.
I may have higher expectations.
Yes, I really good. But nothing special.
Not outstanding , no surprise.

Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

Unexpectedly good! A polite manager requested you to sit and wait before a table was allocated. Waiting time was not a waste as menu was handed over to me for menu selection; sorry, not many choices as it was all set menu, which actually as a foreign was highly recommended as communication with chef to order seemingly impossible in Japan. Seafood Tempura was prepared by one chef and serve in a small bar with no more than 15 seats. Surprise with a happy ending- very juicy rock melon, being served in a separate dessert room. Excellent especially as just walking in with no reservation in advance.