“Fantastic sushi”

Cuisines: Sushi
Neighborhood: Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
Neighborhood: Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I went to this sushi restaurant after reading the reviews on tripadvisor. It's true that the queue is not as long as the ones surrounding it. On the day we went there was quite a long wait. The lady who is the mother of the chefs served is hot tea while we waited outside. It is a small restaurant and can only seat 10 pax. Once inside you will be served tea and sushi made in front of you. The 2 brothers are friendly and will talk to you as you eat. They even let my daughters looked at the live shrimps. The sushi is just fantastic and is so fresh. Price wise is not too bad. Definitely cheaper than what I need to pay in Kuala Lumpur. Very highly recommended indeed.

2  Thank priorityfood

Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

I tried both places in the same week. The wait was shorter at Yamazaki and it was a bit cheaper as well. There was less monitoring of the line, which could have been a hassle (luckily the people around us were honest and didn't try to go ahead of us). There are more menu options here than Sushidai. We ordered the 10 piece omakase. It was really good, but it lacked the more unique fish. Also, the tuna wasn't as fantastic as Sushidai. Don't get me wrong, it was good but just not as great. The sushi is served all at once on a platter, so you have to wait till the whole thing is prepared. Not a big deal, but just a note. Overall, it's better than some if the other places nearby, but in my opinion not as great as Sushidai. I recommend Yamakazi if you want a shorter wait.

2  Thank blsnwbrdr
Reviewed May 13, 2014

As per previous reviews ... look out for this perfect sushi restaurant sat immediately in the middle of the two restaurants on the Tour Route. Why would you line up for over an hour as part of their slow drip feed entry programme, when you can easily go sit down in Yamazaki ... safely, comfortably ... and enjoy some of the best, freshest sushi we've ever tasted. There are many affordable taster options to choose from ... all accompanied by a bowl of soup, a cup of green tea and a smile. Never had sushi for breakfast before ... but it was delicious. Food of that quality delivered at a reasonable price. Try them!

3  Thank elsiek
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Is difficult to rate it because what I took was like 4 out of 5 if we talk quality. My boyfriend on the other side had a menu with a couple of pieces of very fresh sushi, other acceptable and 2 very bad.
Considering that we waited in line 1h
, that the bill was 9500 ¥ without ordering too much and that they were in a hurry to close so we felt pressed to finish...I rate it average...maybe less:(

1  Thank Miruna M
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We had the same experience many of the reviewers have had. After visiting the tuna auction we knew we wanted sushi for breakfast. The wait at the two competitors on each side was 2 to 4 hours! My husband would never wait that long for a meal - never. Having read the reviews regarding Yamazaki we knew that was where we were to head. It was not crowded and we got right in. It is the best kept secret in the area. The owners were so accommodating, they did not push anything and took lots of time preparing a perfect platter of the freshest fish we had ever had. An elderly woman continually filled our tea and we felt like celebrities. They were so kind and welcoming. This place deserve every bit of praise it gets and I wish I lived next door.

2  Thank Karen U