“Really an experience that shouldn't miss”

Tsukiji Jogaii Market
Ranked #5 of 488 things to do in Chuo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was there at Five but already too late for the tour. I went inside myself instead and it was just wonderful! Everyone was busy at setting up and you could see a lot of fresh fishes. I brought TWO boxes of urchin and it tasted couldn't be better elsewhere. Though the price was different for different types, the quality was different too....hence, don't hesitate to buy expensive one and you would be rip-off anyway. Be careful of the traffic as it was extreme busy.

I didn't go the restaurant as I just brought direct from those stalls. It was much cheaper as they are for tourists...as a must

Almost all focused on fish market but I think one should in fact visit the fruit market situated next. Japanese fruit are very expensive though good while you could get it much much much much cheaper there, I brought a lot of them in only fraction of market price. Don't forget visiting n buying fruits.

1  Thank MKC_PRC

Reviewed May 12, 2013

You will never so many types of good quality and variety at the market in the same place restaurants not many but must eat even though long queue and don't eat the don if you want to try variety of seafood must eat sea urchin or uni there. I have tasted uni elsewhere and taste terrible . Not expensive for that quality . Can also try sushi zanmai shop that serve the rolling sushi. Not the best and cheaper but sushi is serve still better than any other rolling sushi shop in Tokyo. You can also get variety of dried seafood or snack with cheap price

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We didn't get to see the auction - mostly because we were not inclined to get up at 4am whilst on holiday, but the market was great to see anyway. There were many shops selling beautiful fresh catch and we had a fabulous breakfast of fresh sushi at one of the little restaurants. A few reviews have said that its "expensive" and I suppose it is compared with other parts of Tokyo - but I ate so much that I was stuffed and we only spent $40 between us for sushi that was just phenomenal. I've never tasted salmon like it. There is an actual Tsukiji station nearby - its literally around the corner from the station.

1  Thank Danielle T
Reviewed April 11, 2013

There are a lot of restaurants and small shops selling different types of food and processed foods.
The restaurants are not cheap because it is so touristy, but there is no rip-off store.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Tsukuba market is like no other. Even if you don't go for the tuna auctions --- must line up at 430Am and they only allow 120 visitors in first come first serve basis. Having the sushi or Soba at the many food stalls at 7A is a treat!