“Expensive ”

Ranked #313 of 9,441 Restaurants in Chuo
Cuisines: French, Italian, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Ginza / Tokyo Nihonbashi
Description: "Our restaurant is a fantasy restaurant which drew on the concept of ""Alice's Adventures in Wonderland"" by Lewis Carroll, the original author. You can enjoy unique dishes and original cocktail which inspired by the distinct characters such as 「the White Rabbit」,「the Cheshire cat」, 「Absolem the caterpillar」,「Card Soldiers」 and 「Tweedledee and Tweedledum」and more from the story.
Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

We were recommended to go to this cafe, it is located on the 5th floor and enter into a entrance, which had no one around so we tried to walk in and was told to go back to the entrance and wait. When we got a table we were told we each had to order one drink and one food item minimum.

The servers were dressed in cute Alice outfits but would tell they were ready to be done for the night. I ordered a white peach juice that came in a tiny glass that was rather over priced for how much juice I got. We had the beef and fried thing which was fine but not amazing.

We then had a dessert, the mad hatter.. basically it's a plate a cream with 3 tiny circle cake things.. again very over priced for a plate of canned cream.

We wouldn't go again and wouldn't recommend it but it was okay, but just okay

2  Thank Rhian T

Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

Disappointed with venue and food. The only appetizing food were the fries. Everything else tasted like plastic. The venue is unclean and dirty.

1  Thank Ana B
Reviewed April 18, 2017 via mobile

The themed restaurant was located on the 5th floor of the Taylo Building. It is a small restaurant with servers dressed as Alice and fun Wonderland decor. Most servers do not speak English but there are picture menus. I believe there is a 500 yen per person cover and we had to order three food items. There were three of us so not sure if the policy was a food order per person. We had read that food quality was not a priority so we ordered as cheaply as possible: french fries, two desserts and cocktails.

5  Thank minnesotans4
Reviewed April 2, 2017 via mobile

The waitresses are really super nice and smiling. The one attending our table spoke English and was very forthcoming.
To get there exit Ginza station and head for Chuo-Dori, it will be on the fifth floor of a tall building on your right hand side.
We had truffle French fries, chicken fritters, and the pork with vegetables. A nice meal! Not gourmet of course, but you come here for the décor, the little details and because you love Alice and the white rabbit!! I really liked it, yes

2  Thank ElElena__11
Reviewed November 19, 2016

There are thousands of good restaurants in Tokyo ranging from small street-food to Michelin stars. I suppose in one way they are all very similar; miso soup, sushi, sashimi, tempura, noodles, table BBQ and perhaps that’s why the Japanese love weirdly-themed restaurants.

One popular theme seems to be Alice in Wonderland, with one chain offering at least half a dozen Alice-themed restaurants throughout the city. One was near our Mercure Hotel in Ginza and so we decided to try it out.

It was actually quite hard to find, as the restaurant is on the fifth floor of a non-descript building, with only a small sign outside. I had to rely on my phone’s GPS to tell us we were there.

You take the elevator to the fifth floor and are immediately facing a large storybook which is also a door to the restaurant:

A girl, who I think was dressed as The Mad Hatter, appeared, advised us that there was a ‘cover charge of 600 Yen each’ and took us to our table. The restaurant was quite small, made larger by mirrors and not surprisingly had an Alice theme:

Alice (well one of the several Alice’s) arrived with a box:

The box opened up to become a menu and a small room – part of the ‘drink/eat me shrink thing’.

The drink menu had a pop-up hat and playing cards.

Both menus had seen better days, but it was still quite nice to see the theme had been followed through – the menu choices were also themed versions of pizza/pasta type dishes, with a few half-Italian, half-Japanese options.

An afternoon-tea style plate arrived, which was apparently the ‘cover charge’.

The themed food wasn’t that great, but in places like this the food is secondary to the experience:

It looked like it was someone’s birthday on a nearby table and the waitresses came to sing them a song:

Our waitress was happy to pose for a picture with me:

It looked like the restaurant was closing and Alice said “Time to go now”. The bill was 6400 Yen.

On the way out I asked the Mad Hatter if I could take her picture but she said “I do not allow photos”, which was pretty strange coming from someone dressed up in a themed restaurant – maybe her family doesn’t know about her secret life down the rabbit hole?

If you are looking for that weirdness of Japan, then you’ll find it here – but don’t come for the food.

2  Thank Feagz

Been to Alice in a Labyrinth? Share your experiences!