Khaosan Tokyo Ninja
$152
$318
$231
  • Restaurant
Tokyo Hotel Horidome Villa(Chuo)(Great Value!)
$52
$50
$2,423
$1,068
Travelocity
  • Room Service
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Good hostel in good location near Akihabara and the staffs was really friendly. My only 2 complaint is the Stair and the room sometime get humid. The worst one is the stair and I stayed at 5th floor. It very tiresome to go up and down. They do not have elevator which it not handicapped friendly. I have to leave my big heavy luggage on Reception because it too heavy to carry it up and not enough room to storage luggage in dorm room. The deluxe bed where it had a slide door locked is really comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank bbf3562
Reviewed March 20, 2014

After staying in Kyoto Theater, we travelled to Tokyo. Naturally, we chose the sisters' company Khaosan Ninja. The place is kind of old as compared to Kyoto theatre (may be due to the fact that Kyoto Theatre is a new branch). They have a lounge area and kitchen in the basement. Perhaps, the only negative point would be that there are no lift. I stayed on the 5th level, imagine dragging your baggage up to the fifth level. Nonetheless, it was a good stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tomkendall99
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Ninja staff are the friendliest I've encountered out of the Khaosan group of hostels so far. Thumbs up for them.

Stayed in the capsule style dorms as it seemed interesting. Its great on privacy but the downside is that being boxed-up, it gets really warm after awhile. Bathroom and toilets are relatively clean. However, the trash bins are always full during my time there. Might be great if staff could clear them on a more regular basis.

Location is great. Hotel is around 5min walk to the JR station and easy to locate. A big plus for JR pass holders.

Wifi signal is strong and stable which is a big plus for me.

Overall, I would come back again next time.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank oolongmilktea
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Oh Khaosan Hostels, you're so great. During the whole month I spend in Japan, my accommodation couldn't be better than in any of the Khaosan hostels I stayed in. This one in particular in well located, near train and JP station. Nice restaurants around, basement commun area is great to meet other overseas and local travellers, 7/11 not far away by foot. Recommended

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This is one of my favourite hostels that I have stayed at. It is well located, just a 5 minute walk from the Asakusabashi station where you can access the Toei Asakusa line and the Chuo-Sobu JR line.

The staff were really friendly and answered all of my questions. I was staying in one of the large mixed dorms with the wooden capsule-style beds. These beds were really cosy and offered a nice bit of privacy as well as a place to lock your belongings. I was in Tokyo at one of the hottest times of the year, so most people slept with the capsule doors open as even though the room was air conditioned, it could get pretty hot inside the capsules.

The bathrooms were nice and clean, with good showers and those wonderful Japanese toilets with the controllers on the side.

The common room was really nice with free tea and coffee, a nice kitchen and a vending machine. I made lots of friends here, it's a really nice place to hang out.

My only gripe with this hostel was the lack of elevator. I was on the 5th floor and the steps were narrow and steep. Lugging my two large cases up those stairs was no easy task! Aside from the dreaded stairs, this was a fabulous hostel and a great place for solo travellers on a budget hoping to meet some travel companions.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo