Khaosan Tokyo Ninja
$132
$57
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Stayed here for 5 nights in December. We booked a twin room which consisted of a bunk bed and a small desk in the room. You get what you get for the price. Upon arrival we had to make our own beds. My bed wasn't too bad, but my friend who was on the top bunk said the mattress was lumpy.
The staff were friendly and gave us a heap of info about the area when we arrived.
The bathrooms were kept fairly clean.

The area my not be filled with alot of areas to eat/drink, but It has great access to JR lines and the airport (main reason for choosing this hostel)!
If you have a JR Pass this is a great location! Only twice did we have to pay to go sightseeing (Asakusa and Roppongi).
For gamers/anime fans/electronic fans, Akihabara is very very close. Shibuya/Shinjuku/Harajuku is about 25-30mins on the JR train. And Airport access is at Bakurocho station (less then a minute away!!).

If you are looking for basic accommodation, Ninja is great! But if your looking for something a bit more, theres probably better accom around.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank elyssa10
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I loved the atmospher here,
Friendly staff and guests.
Always something fun happening.
I also had the privilege working as a housekeeper
For a short time with Ninja.

Best experience of my life.
It is close to Akihabara, 15 minute walk!!
And close to train to go anywhere in Tokyo!
My favorite floor to stay was 4-5 floor,
Hirer up, but I loved the private beds!!
Also the fifth floor had the best view.

Close to convenience stores, grocery,
Izakaiya, restaurants,
even a Dominoes pizza is down the street!!!
So quiet area, so please remember to be quiet
When going outside for a cigarette!!

I know you will enjoy your stay!!
I can't wait to return in a few months!!!
A shorter visit but a happy reunited with friends there,
Before going to lovely udon Capitol Kagawa!!

Room Tip: Definably in a shared room go for 5th floor, they have best view and the beds have a sliding door for privacy!!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank katzkitty
Reviewed December 7, 2011

I went to Tokyo without knowing where I would stay at all.. Thankfully I made a friend who knew about this place! I stayed there for 3 or 4 nights and had such a great time that I want to go back. The staff is incredibly helpful and friendly (especially if you don't know Japanese or Tokyo at all), the rooms are very clean and comfortable and they have a great common area downstairs with all kinds of people to meet. They even have free internet access. If you want to experience Tokyo and are not bent on room service hotels, stay here and meet some of the most interesting people ever!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Neal G
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Friendly employees! We stayed in Cabin bed dorm - fun! Very positive memories.. When i go to Tokyo again, i will definately stay at this hostel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Andrej L
Reviewed December 6, 2011

We slept in "boxes", in fact big and comfortable cabins when you can have some privacy.

We loved the common space downstairs in a very Japanese style and very welcoming. The staff is great, do not hesitate to ask them a place to eat great sushis or which place you must visit before you leave.

I absolutely recommend this hostel!

Room Tip: Choose the deluxe cabins!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends